ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who shall not attend list? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
1st August 2006 11:08 PM
not bound to please
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Agreed.

I have a pretty good idea who is behind this and I am applauding him!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

My guess is it's a her.

1st August 2006 11:33 PM
Taptrick

Kerry - did you see Bolton wipe the floor with Kerry the other day?

1st August 2006 11:42 PM
Poplar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

he seems to be gesturing to the on stage seating.
maybe more people are up there.
2nd August 2006 12:15 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Kerry - did you see Bolton wipe the floor with Kerry the other day?

John Kerry: "Why not engage in a bilateral one and get the job done? That's what the Clinton Administration did."

John Bolton: "And, very poorly since the North Koreans violated the agreed framework almost from the time it was signed."

That was just one of several instances where Bolton made the dog faced senator look like the intellectual midget he is.

For those of you have not seen the Kerry asswhooping here ya go-And this idiot was the Dems choice for 2004! LOL!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!

Riffy
2nd August 2006 12:46 AM
Zulu Fun Mix Bush Fucks Up Again

*Washington Post*
Analysis: Bush Mideast Stance May Flop
By TOM RAUM
The Associated Press
Monday, July 31, 2006; 6:07 PM

WASHINGTON -- The Bush administration may have badly miscalculated in insisting that any Mideast cease-fire be tied to long-term objectives. As the toll on Lebanese civilians has soared, even moderate Arab governments have turned into U.S. critics, and Hezbollah's support has climbed across the region.

Bush's most steadfast ally, British Prime Minister Tony Blair, joined the ranks of those expressing frustration after Israel's Sunday bombing in the village of Qana that killed many civilians, most of them women and children. "We have to speed this whole process up," Blair said. "This has got to stop and stop on both sides."

Anger was brewing all across the Arab world as the U.N. Security Council prepared to take up the issue. Calls for an immediate cease-fire were coming from traditional U.S. allies in the region, including Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordan.

Even the democratically elected prime minister of Lebanon, Fuad Saniora _ whose leadership Bush often salutes _ insisted that talk of a larger peace package must wait until the firing stops. "We will not negotiate until the Israeli war stops shedding the blood of innocent people," said Saniora.

And where Saniora initially was critical of Hezbollah, he is now praising the militant group and its leader, Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, for helping to defend Lebanon.

These haven't been good days for Bush's goal of spreading democracy through the Middle East.

"I think we made a huge mistake by giving Israel a blank check," said Michael O'Hanlon, a foreign policy analyst at the Brookings Institution. "Hezbollah, after six years of relative restraint and working inside a coalition government, is accused of kidnapping a grand total of two people. A good case could be made for not doing anything."

Yet in a speech Monday in Miami, Bush showed that recent events, including the Qana killings, have had little impact on his position.

He once again depicted Israel's battle with Hezbollah as part of a wider struggle against terrorism and declined to lay blame equally on both sides even as he mourned the loss of "innocent life" both in Israel and Lebanon.

"Israel is exercising its right to defend itself," Bush said. Separately, in an interview Monday with Fox News Channel, Bush said, "stopping for the sake of stopping ... can be OK, except it won't address the root cause of the problem."

In his Miami speech, Bush laid out the same series of conditions for accepting a cease-fire that he has relied on for most of the past three weeks: Hezbollah must disarm and return the two Israeli soldiers it kidnapped on July 12, Iran and Syria must end their financial and logistical support for Hezbollah, the Saniora government must be able to exercise control of all Lebanese territory.

Bush's unnuanced support for Israel _ backed by unusual allies, some congressional Democrats _ is becoming an increasingly tough sell for the United States as it presses for a comprehensive package before the U.N. Security Council.

Meanwhile, Hezbollah "is becoming a regional icon," eclipsing even al-Qaida, suggests Mideast scholar Shibley Telhami, a professor at the University of Maryland.

The U.N. debate may end up as a reprise of the battle that the Bush administration had on Iraq in the Security Council in early 2003 when only it and Britain, among the council's five veto-wielding permanent members, argued in favor of an invasion.

And Blair's recent comments raised questions about Britain's commitment. Former British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw condemned Israel's response to Hezbollah rocket strikes as "disproportionate," suggesting a split between Blair and other members of his Cabinet.

Bush was meeting late Monday with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who cut short her diplomatic mission to the Middle East without making an expected second stop in Lebanon.

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan had initially planned to hold a meeting Monday that would have brought together nations willing to send troops for an expanded U.N. peacekeeping force. But diplomats said the meeting was postponed to give more time for efforts to bring peace to the region.

Bowing to pressure from Rice and complaints about a mounting humanitarian crisis, Israel agreed to a 48-hour halt in the airstrikes while investigating the Qana bombing. But, hours later, Israeli warplanes carried out airstrikes in southern Lebanon.

"The script has not worked out the way it was supposed to," said Stephen J. Cimbala, a Penn State University professor who studies the interaction between war and American politics. "Even among some hard-core conservatives, what you're hearing now is a louder chorus of people who are saying this plan has backfired."

Mehdi Noorbaksh, associate professor of international affairs at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, said the United States miscalculated on two grounds in its stance on the Israel-Hezbollah violence.

"Buying time for the Israelis" allowed violence against Lebanese citizens to rise and turned the tide of world opinion against both Israel and the United States, he said. At the same time, the U.S. position helped fan support across the Arab world for Hezbollah.

Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., who has disagreed with Bush on Iraq, said Israel's pounding of Lebanon was hurting, not helping, America's image in the Middle East. "The sickening slaughter on both sides must end now," Hagel said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/31/AR2006073100843_pf.html
2nd August 2006 12:48 AM
Zulu Fun Mix
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm not happy with Bush, but I'm glad Kerry lost, if that makes sense!

Sure it makes sense! You want to be liked by EVERYBODY!!!

2nd August 2006 01:01 AM
Taptrick I love how Kerry burried his head in his hand when Bolton pointed out that the bilateral talks with Clinton were a complete joke to the North Koreans. You could see Kerry thinking, "God and this is going out on CSPAN - what happened to the good ole days when no one knew what was said at these things unless they read Roll Call."

Those "talks" occured during the time Carter visited North Korea and said the shopping areas reminded him of Wal Mart.

[Edited by Taptrick]
2nd August 2006 01:09 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this fall I will see The Who 2x, The Black Crowes 6+x, The Raconteurs, NY Dolls, DBTruckers, Dylan, the Dylan Tribute show.... and ton of other great live music.

The Stones will remain my favorite band. But I'm done spending any coin on them.

Only six Crowes shows? Slacker!
2nd August 2006 01:20 AM
pdog
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:

I don't want to be liked, I am liked! That's beside the point!
From day one, anyone who knows more personally knows my politics are to the right internationally and to the left domestically. I make no apolgies or bones about it.
If you like me cool, if not cool too!
Plain and simple i'm a man w/o a political party, and that's kinda cool. Locally in SF, I've voted mostly Green Party or Libertarian. The Democrats have nothing to offer, except alot of talk. They might talk about issues that I'm interested in, but they do shit... Talk, talk, talk! They need to get with it or they will be non-factors. The Republicans turn me off alot b/c of the issues they're against stem cell research, abortion rights and gay rights. That's b/c they allowed their party to be taken over by far right christians.
I think Bush is an idiot, and it pains me to hear him talk for my country... He made an ass of himself at G8 and a bigger ass of Blair his little bitch from England!
My comments, will not make Riffy and Maxy not like me...BUT!!! They will piss off some of the Dems... Too bad they don't do anything with the anger, cept' talk, talk talk... I liked Bill Clinton alot! Then again like most successful Dems they play the moderate to be safe... and talk, talk, talk.

[Edited by pdog]
2nd August 2006 01:38 AM
Zulu Fun Mix
quote:
pdog wrote:

The Democrats have nothing to offer, except alot of talk. They might talk about issues that I'm interested in, but they do shit... Talk, talk, talk! They need to get with it or they will be non-factors.

Let me get this straight: A guy who makes 34,000 web posts in 14 months is criticizing the Democratic Party for...talking?!
2nd August 2006 01:40 AM
pdog
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:

Let me get this straight: A guy who makes 34,000 web posts in 14 months is criticizing the Democratic Party for...talking?!

I cheated! Duh!
2nd August 2006 01:42 AM
Poplar
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Only six Crowes shows? Slacker!

seriously - i thought you were a fan.
2nd August 2006 09:22 AM
Zulu Fun Mix Pdog my friend! Take a stand: There's a war on.

2nd August 2006 09:37 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:

Shut up poser...
2nd August 2006 09:38 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:
Pdog my friend! Take a stand: There's a war on.

Don't you have some medication to be swallowing?...some wall upon which you should be banging your head?
2nd August 2006 09:39 AM
Some Guy This may be my final contribution to this thread.
2nd August 2006 09:46 AM
telecaster
quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:
Unless they add the rumored Louisville date, I won't be going. I'm alreay going to see the Who up in Chicago on Sept. 25, not driving back up there from Indy to see a stadium show in a crappy seat that costs $150 of my hard-earned money working my ass off for UPS in 90 degree heat. No thanks.

So it is The Stones fault you hate your job?

Brilliant
2nd August 2006 10:13 AM
Zulu Fun Mix
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Don't you have some medication to be swallowing?...some wall upon which you should be banging your head?

Thank God I'm not a country boy.
2nd August 2006 10:38 AM
jb Bottom line is that Israel has substantially weakened Hezbollah and once again did the worlds's dirty work. Anyone who thought Arabs/Muslims were not cheering for Hezbollah to kill as many Jews as possible are very mistaken. Europe, as we all know, has never been able to stop any genocide...the Jews have never been able to live safely there, and after centuries old anti-semiticism only had a 40 yr reprieve after the Holocaust...Israel, nor America, should never rely on Europe to be a fair broker as they have substantially large Arab/Muslim populations which will , in time, threaten their own stability , despite thier attempting to appease this population at the expense of Israel. Israel is of no value to Europe as she also does not have oil , and we have seen the ties b/t countries like Russia, China, France, etc with Iran/Iraq.
I laugh when people say the Qana incident(which may in fact have been the work of Hezbollah) caused the sentiments to change against the US and Israel....Anyone with a basic undrstanding of the Mideast realizes that so called moderates states like Jordan and Egypt , have a majority of their populace also seeking death to Jews and Americans, and their leaders know that in time a Muslim theocracy will take over their countries as well. The days of "rage" are a great way to divert attention away from the poverty and hopelessnes their constituients live under and will never change. We kid ourselves saying only a small % of Muslims think like AL-Queda...Any opinin poll, both before and after this current "war" will reflect that the notion of a modrate Arab/Muslim state is a fallacy. The world, sans the US, will always use the tiny strip of land called Israel, with its small population, surrounded by a billion Muslims/Arabs, to blame for all the world problems...we all know why.
[Edited by jb]
2nd August 2006 10:45 AM
gimmekeef On a lighter note..I've moved up to 8th now in my fantasy Bassmasters league!
2nd August 2006 11:34 AM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

So it is The Stones fault you hate your job?

Brilliant

2nd August 2006 11:36 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

My favorite Who memeory was at the stadium formely known as "Joe Robbie Stadium" im 1989, when they played "Hey Joe" as an encore. It was fntastic and made up for an otherwise uneven show.
2nd August 2006 11:38 AM
pdog I saw The Who once, my fav. memory of that show was The Clash playing!
2nd August 2006 11:39 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

My favorite Who memeory was at the stadium formely known as "Joe Robbie Stadium" im 1989, when they played "Hey Joe" as an encore. It was fntastic and made up for an otherwise uneven show.

Pete played a nice electric guitar on that song throughout the tour .

In fact , if memory serves me well , Pete played electric on only a few numbers at every concert . ( hearing problems ) .
2nd August 2006 11:39 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
pdog wrote:
I saw The Who once, my fav. memory of that show was The Clash playing!

I saw Mick Jones in a movie cameo last night. It was awesome, but the movie kind of sucked.
2nd August 2006 11:40 AM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
I saw The Who once, my fav. memory of that show was The Clash playing!

1982 Tour ?!?!

|
|
|
V

www.thewholive.de

This show was at the old JFK stadium in south Philadelphia. My buddy Bob and I got in while Santana was playing. Every time Carlos would take a solo, cheers would go up from the crowd. 90,000 Who fans were shoehorned into this rickety old football stadium built in the 1920s. It was a very very rowdy and drunken atmosphere. It was like a giant keg party. The Clash was treated abominably. The crowd started booing immediately after they were introduced. All manner of debris was thrown at the stage. I remember Joe Strummer was hit right between the eyes with an apple. Mick Jones was hit by a soda bottle while in mid-leap. He picked it up and drank from it. The enormous PA system was covered by a huge cloth "W" on one side, and an equally large "O" on the other. The stage itself was under a 70 foot wide "H". I saw MTV VJ Mark Goodman outside the press entrance. Television news helicopters swooped overhead as The Who came on.

http://www.thewholive.de/details/index.php?id=470&Tracklisting=&GroupID=1&Tag=&Monat=&Jahr=1982&Stadt=&Halle=&LandID=0

[ sniggles ]

[Edited by Joey]
2nd August 2006 11:41 AM
pdog
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I saw Mick Jones in a movie cameo last night. It was awesome, but the movie kind of sucked.

I won't se the movie based on your review!

2nd August 2006 11:47 AM
jb Mel Gibson wouldlike us "jews" to help him work out his so-called problem. I accept his apology and look forward to his rehabilatation process. We must always be willing to help someone who recogizes they suffer from and problem and truly want to be helped.
2nd August 2006 11:58 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Mel Gibson wouldlike us "jews" to help him work out his so-called problem. I accept his apology and look forward to his rehabilatation process. We must always be willing to help someone who recogizes they suffer from and problem and truly want to be helped.

I would like to nuzzle you
2nd August 2006 12:02 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Mel Gibson wouldlike us "jews" to help him work out his so-called problem. I accept his apology and look forward to his rehabilatation process. We must always be willing to help someone who recogizes they suffer from and problem and truly want to be helped.

It's just for PR purposes. He may get sober but he'll always hate jews. He was raised that way and it would take a profound incident to get him to change and this isn't it. Perhaps a few years in prison with some white power neo-nazi's would open his yes!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)