ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Durham show nearly sold out Return to archive
August 3rd, 2005 11:34 AM
time is on my side Despite the uninformed naysaysers, reality has set in and another show is close to being sold out. At the higher price ranges ($350.00 and $160.00) only scattered singles remain. Durham, a show some said wouldn't sell, has, in fact, sold. Judging from the rapid speed of how fast tickets are disappearing, it appears it's only a matter of time before this is completely sold out.

Will these facts be ignored?? Or will the made up statements that these shows are not actual sell outs or near sell outs continue to be made???? My guess is that for some the fantasy will persist.
August 3rd, 2005 11:52 AM
Joey
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

Will these facts be ignored?? Or will the made up statements that these shows are not actual sell outs or near sell outs continue to be made???? My guess is that for some the fantasy will persist.

Detroit is currently ( 1/48 th sold ) .

JACKY !
August 3rd, 2005 12:07 PM
jb Durham is not completely sold out....Detroit is 1/77 solld.
August 3rd, 2005 12:09 PM
time is on my side This has been stated by me before. So I just copied from one of my past post with a few words changed to make it more current. PEACE.

One of the basic economics of selling tickets is that it doesn't really matter whether you sell out on the first day or the last day. The artist, the ticket agency, and the promoters get the same amount of revenue. A sell out is sell out. Actually, the main people who benefit most from quick sellouts or hard to get tickets are scalpers. They are also the one's hurt the most if ticket sales are sluggish.

The Stones and Cohl will be raking in a ton of money on this tour. My guess is they could care less what misinformed naysayers on this board or any other board think or say. They will be laughing all the way to the bank.

As I've said before, given the outrageously priced tickets on this tour (top price being $350.00-$450.00), the Stones are doing a remarkable job in selling tickets in most markets with the exceptions in a few very soft markets.

The truth is that ticket sales like Detroit (stadium) or Salt Lake City (arena) are the exceptions as opposed to the rule. Since this goes against their misconceived notions, they chose to ignore these facts and continue to use these shows as "proof" ticket sales are poor and embarrassing.

Durham's ticket sales are much more typical. Of course, the fact that it has not sold out immediately may not be the news the scalpers were hoping and praying for but, I, unlike some on this board, don't look upon that as necessarily a bad thing.

August 3rd, 2005 12:14 PM
jb Since when did the Stones need to reduce prices, add acts, and
hap-hazardly schedule other shows to improve sales? I think SBC2 is another example of a desperate ploy to get the stadium at least 3/4's filled. it probably won't work absent reduction in price.
Durham will not sell out a 34k seat Stadium in an area that the Stones have not played for many years...........I, however, will attend one of the few really close to being sold out events in Charlotte...I will greet people at the Starbucks
at the Airport terminal.
August 3rd, 2005 12:16 PM
Joey [quote]time is on my side wrote:

The Stones and Cohl will be raking in a ton of money on this tour. My guess is they could care less what misinformed naysayers on this board or any other board think or say. They will be laughing all the way to the bank. "

My sources within the Stones' camp have now informed me that Detroit is only ( 1/88 th sold ) .

Even if the Stones booked a theatre in Detroit instead of a fifty thousand seat stadium , the club gig would only be ( 1/ 24 th sold ) with 99.9 % of the seats bought by those from outstate Michigan .

Word .

J. " Pass the biscuits Pappy " Jackyfly

August 3rd, 2005 12:22 PM
Joey " Durham's ticket sales are much more typical. Of course, the fact that it has not sold out immediately may not be the news the scalpers were hoping and praying for but, I, unlike some on this board, don't look upon that as necessarily a bad thing. "

You , Sir , are a majority of ONE ! ... As for the rest of us :

|
|
|
|
V

Flacky Carson

[ Edited by Ari ]

[Edited by Joey]
August 3rd, 2005 12:24 PM
time is on my side Also, as I've stated before, the STONES should not be doing second shows because the PRICE of their tickets are too high for the market to sustain it.

In my opinion, $350.00-$450.00 for top price tickets is outrageously high. Nowhere in the entire world but in the U.S. could the STONES get away with such prices. No other act is coming anywhere near the STONES prices.

The second show in San Francisco is an example of this. You can find only so many people that are willing be purchase $450.00 tickets. There is a limit to what people can afford. It is interesting to note that the first show in San Fran is a sell out and was sold out within a week of the tickets going on sale.

[Edited by time is on my side]
August 3rd, 2005 12:25 PM
Joey
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
Also, as I've stated before, the STONES should not be doing second shows because the PRICE of their tickets are too high for the market to substain it.

In my opinion, $350.00-$450.00 for top price tickets is outrageously high. Nowhere in the entire world but in the U.S. could the STONES get away with such prices. No other act is coming anywhere near the STONES prices.

The second show in San Francisco is an example of this. You can find only so many people that are will be purchase $450.00 tickets. There is a limit to what people can afford. It is interesting to note that the first show in San Fran is a sell out and was sold out within a week of the tickets going on sale.

Cohl DESPERATELY needs a Sell Out

www.OmahaMECA.com
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)