ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pixies, Beck, NY Dolls!! (nsc) Return to archive
August 2nd, 2005 10:22 AM
FPM C10 From Billboard:

Pixies, Beck, Oasis Head 'Across The Pond'

By Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Some of the top names in rock have signed on for the inaugural Across the Pond concerts, which will be held simultaneously at Keyspan Park in Brooklyn, N.Y., and Richmond County Bank Ballpark in Staten Island, N.Y., Billboard.com can reveal. Both venues will host shows on Oct. 1-2, with the Pixies, Oasis, the Killers and Beck set to appear on yet-to-be-determined bills.

Other early confirmations for Across the Pond include Gang Of Four, Jet, Belle & Sebastian and the New York Dolls. "The complete lineup of talent will be staggering," says Jim Glancy, president of show promoter Ron Delsener Presents.

Well, Beck will certainly be on Oct 2, as he's opening for the Stones in Hershey on the 1st.

If I wasn't seeing the Stones, I'd be at this show!
August 2nd, 2005 01:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well crap.

I'm going to Hershey too.

I think I'd rather be in MYC.
August 2nd, 2005 01:29 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Well crap.

I'm going to Hershey too.

I think I'd rather be in MYC.

MYC? I shall make prepatations to go to MYC!!!

But the thing I don't get - why are there TWO concerts a few miles apart at the same time? You KNOW there's going to be someone you want to see at both places. GO4 or Dolls? Pixies or Beck? I mean, I can answer those questions (Dolls and Pixies) but would rather see 'em ALL.

But the point is moot. I'm certainly not sorry I'm going to see the Stones and Beck.

Hey, did you hear about that crazy astronomy thing that's going on this month? About Mars? Pretty cool/weird!
August 2nd, 2005 02:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey, any time I go to NYC it becomes MYC.

What's the deal with Mars...did W announce that we are invading?
August 2nd, 2005 03:59 PM
Saint Sway Ok... Dolls, Beck, Jet, Oasis.... tell me more.... when do they officially announce the lineup?
August 2nd, 2005 04:42 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Ok... Dolls, Beck, Jet, Oasis.... tell me more.... when do they officially announce the lineup?

Miss Youngblood emailed me that original blurb and I posted it here... I don't know anything besides this. I googled "Across The Pond", but everything I found was a re-write of the same article.

Developing!
August 2nd, 2005 04:50 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

What's the deal with Mars...did W announce that we are invading?

WHY MUST EVERYTHING BE POLITICS WITH YOU????

Kidding. No, this morning I read a thing that said that at the end of this month, Mars is going to be closer to earth than ever in history, and that it would look almost as big in the sky as the moon! And I thought "weeee DOGGIES!!! I gots to see that!!!" But now it seems that this may be a tiny bit exaggerated.

In answer to your original question...YES.

http://www.ridiculopathy.com/news_detail.php?id=990
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)