ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Robin Williams Peace Plan Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 2nd, 2005 03:49 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
So that show is still possibly on? You going to the Vegas show?

I might indeed go to Vegas .

A lot depends on who gets " THE GIG " around these parts .

J. Fly !

[ Edited by Steelie ]
[Edited by Joey]
August 2nd, 2005 03:51 PM
glencar I'm thinking of Vegas show too. I wasn't going to go but then when I was there last month I got all misty-eyed at the roulette wheel at the Orleans & realized I just had to come back.
August 2nd, 2005 03:52 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm thinking of Vegas show too. I wasn't going to go but then when I was there last month I got all misty-eyed at the roulette wheel at the Orleans & realized I just had to come back.

www.palms.com

http://www.n9negroup.com/http_docs/photos/index.asp

[Edited by Joey]
August 2nd, 2005 03:57 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
No shit.

You equated it with "Xenophobia and racism" and the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" and say it could have originated at my site. You aren't too stupid to see why that would piss me off are you?

Well, gee, I guess maybe I am. All I could think of when I was posting my (by my standards) mild rebuke of this stupid thing was how you and your buddies would all get a big laugh out of my typical "liberal" reaction. That's how I got the perhaps-not-so-bright idea of tacking on my little joke about tracing it to your website. But let's look at things straight here - although it IS xenophobic and smacks of racism, I actually think it falls a little short of the infamous "Protocols". And be truthful here and answer my question - what parts of it do you strongly disagree with? True, it has all that gay liberal claptrap about fossil fuels in it, but it's tempered by a healthy dose of drilling in a wildlife habitat, so there's no need to call out the hugbots over THAT.

quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Also, no one complained about you posting at my site and I even made a big stink about finally having you there the other day.

When was that? When you said "Ha ha, tricked you into posting!" That's a "Big Stink"? And I actually meant posting on the main board today, not the pointless prattle of your political board where nobody goes. It just seemed funny that I was posting there about Howlin' Wolf and then came here and found that you were loudly telling me to fuck off.

quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

No one is out to get poor Flea, relax.

I didn't say anyone was "out to get me." I said some people on your board don't like me. Are you going to argue with me about that? I thought you were maybe using your standard method of weeding out undesireables. Which is funny since that's what the Robin Williams thing is about! But I guess I was wrong. Sorry.

I am really, genuinely sorry that you took this post so very seriously. Sometimes I try to get up people's noses, but this wasn't one of those times. I thought you would make some sort of smart-alecky comment in return and that would be it. Or maybe even that you would say "damn straight, those are some fine ideas." It wasn't like I called you a friend of Al Qaeda or anything. Seriously! When I got bent out of shape about THAT, it was a gigantic joke for everyone! So, I'm lost. Is THIS funny too? Seems like it MUST be.

What's that you're always telling me about me needing to get my groove back? And finding the laughter?

August 3rd, 2005 12:36 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
egon wrote:

did someone say my name?

You illegal, egon? Watch out, Big Brother Sarkozy is watching you!
August 3rd, 2005 12:40 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Please, the Eeyore post was obvious mocking of the dumb donkeys (dumb asses) who continually post gloomy negative stuff for personal attention. Most saw the humor, others couldn't see deeper than the cartoon image.

And deeper than the words, too. Poor you, misunderstood even when you tried to change you brand of humour!

But I admit it was priceless to see you portrayed as a "donkey" for a change of political animal!!
August 3rd, 2005 11:05 AM
Jumping Jack Doug's fine board does require a bit more subtlety and vagueness than others, but based on the large number private e-mails I've gotten enjoying the donkey humor you don't need to be a "lawyer" to understand exactly what was being said.

Gloomy Eeyore does seem to be an appropriate logo for a certain political party and many who share their gloomy point of view on world affairs. Some will always see the cup of beer half full while others see it half empty.

I hope you enjoy the new album and tour. When the Stones get to Europe I hope you see it as half the dates to go rather than being half over!

I always appreciate your humor, perspective and opinions whether I agree or not. Cheers! :-)
August 3rd, 2005 11:19 AM
Joey " Gloomy Eeyore does seem to be an appropriate logo for a certain political party and many who share their gloomy point of view on world affairs. Some will always see the cup of beer half full while others see it half empty. "

You raise an interesting analysis Jumping Jack !

However , your young Joey ALWAYS sees the toilet as being 1/2 EMPTY as opposed to 1/2 FULL and that leads to a serene , yet sensate ...........................Wait !!!!!!!!

Oh , OH !!!!! :

************* END TRANSMISSION ***************

[ Edited by Skittles ]

[Edited by Joey]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)