ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Robin Williams Peace Plan Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 2nd, 2005 10:08 AM
Jumping Jack ROBIN WILLIAMS PEACE PLAN

You gotta love Robin Williams...... Even if he's nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message. Robin Williams' plan....(Hard to argue with this logic!) I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for
peace. So, here's one plan."

1.) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those 'good ole boys'. We will never "interfere" again.

2.) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3.) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4.) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5.) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6.) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7.) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8.) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9.) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10.) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE..... Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?
"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?' "
August 2nd, 2005 10:36 AM
Scottfree
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
ROBIN WILLIAMS PEACE PLAN

I couldn't agree more very practical.....Lets start today...
August 2nd, 2005 10:49 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
ROBIN WILLIAMS PEACE PLAN

3.) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

LOL.We even got them and sometimes they post here
August 2nd, 2005 10:59 AM
FPM C10 Bullshit.

Robin Williams' Peace Plan

Claim: Comedian Robin Williams came up with a plan for how the U.S. should handle foreign affairs.

Variations: Early versions of this list included an eleventh entry:

11) And lastly bring back the manufacturing from our country, curtail the cheap imports from all over the world and put the middle class back to work in our country.

Origins: We don't know who is responsible for the piece quoted above, but it definitely wasn't actor/comedian Robin Williams (of Mork & Mindy television fame). This item's debut appears to have been a 20 March 2003 posting to the USENET newsgroup alt.motorcycles.harley, and from there it was rapidly disseminated via e-mail and blogs, credited to either "author unknown" or no one at all. The Robin Williams attribution wasn't tacked on until several weeks later, apparently because along the way the eleventh entry was dropped and a genuine Robin Williams quote appended in its place:

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?'" — Robin Williams.

The 'Robin Williams' attribution for the final item was interpreted as applying to the list as a whole, so now the entire piece circulates as 'the Robin Williams plan.'

Last updated: 17 July 2005

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/williams.asp

This has been posted here before. Xenophobia and racism don't really play well on an international board. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see our new "Ambassador" to the UN quoting from it.

August 2nd, 2005 11:05 AM
Jumping Jack It's still funny where ever it came from.
August 2nd, 2005 11:27 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
It's still funny where ever it came from.

Yes, it's as hilarious as the Protocols of the Elders of Zion!

I traced this forgery back to its source...it seems to have originated at a website known as maxlugar.com...

shiver!
August 2nd, 2005 12:17 PM
Maxlugar [quote]FPM C10 wrote:
Yes, it's as hilarious as the Protocols of the Elders of Zion!

I traced this forgery back to its source...it seems to have originated at a website known as maxlugar.com...

This is unbelievable.

I tried to accentuate the common bond between us and be above politics with you.

After this all I can say is f*ck off, Flea.
August 2nd, 2005 12:20 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

This is unbelievable.

I tried to accentuate the common bond between us and be above politics with you.

Smile for the camera !

August 2nd, 2005 12:57 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

This is unbelievable.

Oh for cripes' sake.

It was obviously a friggin' joke. And not all that caustic. I mean, the fake Robin Williams thing ISN'T all that horrible, in the grand scheme of things, and IS mostly stuff you guys would espouse, isn't it? Which parts aren't?

But for anyone who DOESN'T know I was joking, attention:

The fake Robin Williams Peace Plan did NOT originate at maxlugar.com. I repeat did NOT originate at maxlugar.com!!

I think that:

A) you need to start drinking again and
B) you were looking for a way to get me to quit posting on your board because your buddies don't like me.

If so, have a drink, and just say it. Don't try to make something out of nothing.
August 2nd, 2005 01:03 PM
Poplar
well, there's more than one constructive suggestion in there.

August 2nd, 2005 01:22 PM
Monkey Woman Same old jingoistic BS from Jumping Jack...

Makes me regret I contributed to "cheer him up" on Shidoobee. If this is what comes of you being in high spirits, JJ, you can cut the Prozac and make heavy use of depressant-type drugs.

Oh, and of course guess who swallowed that hoax hook, line and sinker?

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
August 2nd, 2005 01:39 PM
Jumping Jack Please, the Eeyore post was obvious mocking of the dumb donkeys (dumb asses) who continually post gloomy negative stuff for personal attention. Most saw the humor, others couldn't see deeper than the cartoon image.
August 2nd, 2005 01:50 PM
ListenToTheLion

That man really has an egghead
August 2nd, 2005 02:06 PM
Joey
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

That man really has an egghead

W - W - W- What ?!?!

[Edited by Joey]
August 2nd, 2005 02:09 PM
ListenToTheLion Joey wrote:

W - W - W- What ?!?!

August 2nd, 2005 02:30 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The Language we speak is ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE.....

No way man! This means no more professional baseball!!!!Gotta have baseball!LOL
August 2nd, 2005 02:34 PM
FPM C10

This is one of the best pictures of Baby Steelie (left) I've ever seen!

His motto is: BE PREPATATED.
August 2nd, 2005 02:37 PM
egon
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

LOL.We even got them and sometimes they post here

did someone say my name?
August 2nd, 2005 02:39 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

This is one of the best pictures of Baby Steelie (left) I've ever seen!

His motto is: BE PREPATATED.

Yes , my Baby Steelie looks ...........well ......... Good ?!?! ... there ..

" BE PREPATATED " ( Baby Steelie , 1986 -- Howe Military )
August 2nd, 2005 02:42 PM
Maxlugar [quote]FPM C10 wrote:

But for anyone who DOESN'T know I was joking, attention:

The fake Robin Williams Peace Plan did NOT originate at maxlugar.com. I repeat did NOT originate at maxlugar.com!!

No shit.

You equated it with "Xenophobia and racism" and the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" and say it could have originated at my site. You aren't too stupid to see why that would piss me off are you?

Also, no one complained about you posting at my site and I even made a big stink about finally having you there the other day. No one is out to get poor Flea, relax.

August 2nd, 2005 02:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

You aren't too stupid to see why that would piss me off are you?

Also, no one complained about you posting at my site . No one is out to get poor Flea, relax."

Take it easy son .

J. " Snuggles " Jackyfly !
[ Edited by Tele ]

[Edited by Joey]
August 2nd, 2005 02:56 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:
Take it easy son
[Edited by Joey]

Shut the f*ck up and stay out of it you useless piece of garbage.
August 2nd, 2005 03:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Shut the f*ck up and stay out of it you useless piece of garbage.

!!!!!!!

I don't understand ..........so much anger and vehemence when all we do is LOVE !!!!!!!!

Joe Sea Scroll !

August 2nd, 2005 03:29 PM
KeepRigid I first saw this email back in 1974, but at the time it was attributed to Jerry Reed.

http://www.savefile.com/files/4375839
August 2nd, 2005 03:37 PM
Joey " Outside in
Songs we've shared
We don't care
Where is the love
Now we regret nothing yet
Don't forget
We must get some love

Now I'm not saying love is gone
But I'm afraid that everytime I read the paper
Watch the TV
There's not a lot of love anymore
Or could it be that simple
Or could it be that bold

Now I'm not saying love is blind
But I'm afraid that everytime I read the paper
Or watch the TV
There's not a lot of love anymore
Or could it be that simple
Or could it be that bold

Outside in
Songs we've shared
We don't care
Where oh where is the love ........( fade to Steelie ) "

Kins !

August 2nd, 2005 03:41 PM
glencar Sup Joey?
August 2nd, 2005 03:43 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sup Joey?

SUP BLUE

www.OmahaMECA.com

August 2nd, 2005 03:44 PM
glencar I'm sad that show won't happen. Is Des Moines still on?
August 2nd, 2005 03:46 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm sad that show won't happen. Is Des Moines still on?

You make Joey sad .

The Midwest is currently experiencing ' arena wars ' with St. Louis and Omaha currently leading the pack .

August 2nd, 2005 03:47 PM
glencar So that show is still possibly on? You going to the Vegas show?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)