ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie onstage Return to archive
August 1st, 2005 05:55 PM
star star i know this has probably been said umpteen times before but does ronnie actually give a damn for the music anymore? or does he think thrusting his groin into the side of his guitar and playing half-arsed chuck berry licks are acceptable?!! it seems to me that he stands grinning and giggling with keith, whilst mick and charlie do all the work. even keith plays virtually the same solo for JJF, Satisfaction, HTW etc. have they all but lost their ability to play guitar now they just have fun on stage? compared to bands the same age (roxy music etc who let the music do the talking) they dont cut the mustard anymore. with taylor they were cool onstage, with ronnie..just camp.
i know. whinge for the old days star star.
August 1st, 2005 05:59 PM
ListenToTheLion You're quite right mr Star. It's a disgrace to watch Ronnie on stage these days. As someone said earlier before: Ron Wood has become the Ringo Starr of the Stones. That says it all.
August 1st, 2005 11:58 PM
Bruno Stone It is really sad. Mick oftens looks at Ronnie when they are performing, probably thinking " my god...". Mick should scream at him sometimes, in the mic. A public humiliation could work?
August 2nd, 2005 12:38 AM
corgi37 It's especially galling when you see how could he actually once was. I dont know if he's contributed anything since 89.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)