ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Keith Interview Return to archive
August 1st, 2005 05:14 PM
deuce For those of you who havnt seen the Virgin radio thread, Keith did an interview with them today. I recorded the audio and you can download it through my site.

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/roughjustice

go to the media section
August 1st, 2005 05:18 PM
pdog
quote:
deuce wrote:
For those of you who havnt seen the Virgin radio thread, Keith did an interview with them today. I recorded the audio and you can download it through my site.

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/roughjustice

go to the media section

I did the same, you can just play it off my FTP...
Thanks duece for recording this...

http://home.earthlink.net/~pdogsf/k...hvirgin8105.mp3
August 1st, 2005 05:23 PM
nankerphelge Man you gotta love the PR machine.

Over the past few months, we have questioned every move of our heros -- where they are, who's playing on what, howe many songs, what kind of vibe, name of the release.

Now, in the course of what -- 2 weeks? -- we get, the album title, the track listing, pix of the band, pix of the cover, reviews, 4 songs, multiple interviews by Mick and Keith, statements from Virgin!

It just always amazes me howe big the dam bursts once they Flip the Switch!!
August 1st, 2005 05:32 PM
Scottfree He's actually legible in verbality....Hopefully he's as is crisp with his digits....Thanks for posting chaps!
August 1st, 2005 05:34 PM
prism I hope someone transcribes it.
August 1st, 2005 05:36 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
He's actually legible in verbality....Hopefully he's as is crisp with his digits....Thanks for posting chaps!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, I could actually understand him and he sounded like a living, aware human being for a change. Cheers for recording and posting people!
August 1st, 2005 06:14 PM
Bob Tamp Didnt he say there was a lot of funk on this album? To be honest that worries me a bit
August 1st, 2005 06:17 PM
ListenToTheLion Nothing wrong with good funk! (good is the keyword)
August 1st, 2005 06:32 PM
maumau funk is good
August 1st, 2005 07:32 PM
Soldatti
quote:
maumau wrote:
funk is good

Yes, but one track is enough.
August 1st, 2005 10:34 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
He's actually legible in verbality....

oh...the ironing...i mean irony
August 2nd, 2005 12:46 AM
corgi37 Well, the Stones can be "good" funky. Miss You, black and blue album.

Then "bad" funky. Back to zero. Anybody seen my baby.

And, or course, the live version of Sympathy.
August 2nd, 2005 03:13 AM
Poplar
let there be no mistake, funk IS good.

Keith sounds sharp. his answers were all VERY good... the presser display had me a bit worried. like that he said he's "listening to the rolling stones." jazz, classical, reggae ... i love this guy. isn't he the greatest?

"i mean , calm down mutha fucka .. i've got the conditioning." classic.

the radio guy was kind of a wanker, imho. didn't know lisa's name, etc. come on, man.

August 2nd, 2005 10:13 AM
padre Funk and the Stones? No No No. Nothing good from that pair. Hot Stuff? No. Miss You? Hell no. I won't even mention Sex Drive and the tired funk jamming of VL outtakes.
August 2nd, 2005 11:36 AM
FPM C10
quote:
padre wrote:
Funk and the Stones? No No No. Nothing good from that pair. Hot Stuff? No. Miss You? Hell no. I won't even mention Sex Drive and the tired funk jamming of VL outtakes.

Is there any FANCE on the album?

As far as the Stones and funk, I think it's hit or miss. I'm not too big on Miss You or Hot Stuff, but I do like Sex Drive, as well as Suck on the Jugular. Slave is pretty funky. And let's not forget Fance Pt.1!
August 2nd, 2005 07:18 PM
gotdablouse hey, what happened to Keith, I guess he's not the drunk he usually pretends to be ;-)

Best song by Keith : "This Place is Empty"...always the PR man, eh ;-)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)