ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bigger Bang reviews Return to archive
July 31st, 2005 12:17 PM
stewed & Keefed Bigger Bang reviews
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post on IORR:

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,220631

Let Me Down Slow: slow beat in 2/4, very mannered, that Steven tyler would like a lot( Il Gazzettino); Well tested blues (Rockstar);

- It Won't Take Long: fast song, the guitar in the end reminds of "Gimme Shelter" (Il gazzettino); hard beat that highlights the rythmic section (Panorama); Great progression in it (Rockstar);

- This Place Is Empty: it reminds of Angie, and starts with a piano intro(Il Gazzettino); doesn' sound stonish (Panorama); soft song, reminds of "Losing My Touch" (Rockstar);

- Infamy: hypnotic song, features Keith on vocals and Mick on harmonica(Il Gazzettino); doesn't sound stonish (Panorama); acid and fast rock - blues (Rockstar);

- Laugh? I Nearly Died: Jagger's in great shape; there's a strange final choir leant on a "stick" bass chorus(Il Gazzettino); It's a crescendo that starts like "Fingerprint File", and ends with a sixties, radio - friendly, choir (Panorama);

- Biggest Mistake Of My Life: a country - sounding filler(Il Gazzettino); doesn't sound stonish (Panorama); a seventies flavoured ballad, in which Gram Parsons would fit well(Rockol);

- Rain Fell Down: electric funk, with a great Don Was (Il Gazzettino); funky reggae built on a minimalist riff (Panorama); syncopated funk, great example of Don Was' minimalism (Rockol);

She Saw Me Coming: Very New Orleans, Very Keith! (Il Gazzettino); reminds of AC/DC (Panorama); Coolest track of the record, also due to its reggae pulse (Rockol).

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
July 31st, 2005 12:46 PM
Some Guy Hot
July 31st, 2005 12:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Over analyzed. This all reminds me of scientists trying to quantify the human soul. It works but only to a point.
July 31st, 2005 01:42 PM
Riffhard
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Bigger Bang reviews
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post on IORR:

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,220631

She Saw Me Coming: Very New Orleans, Very Keith! (Il Gazzettino); reminds of AC/DC (Panorama); Coolest track of the record, also due to its reggae pulse (Rockol).

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]

So let me get this straight. This tune has a swamp ass New Orleans groove that sounds like AC/DC as chanelled by a bunch of Rastas? Ummmmm,uhhhhhhhh,mmmmmmmmmm.....OK sure. I guess. That has to be the strangest review for a single song that I have ever read. I wonder if this tune also incorporates any Dixieland with a little Gregorian chant vibe as well? You know,just to keep it interesting.

Riffhard
July 31st, 2005 02:16 PM
Gazza Some Guy had already posted the info on here yesterday

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/213845-2.html?PHPSESSID=cf28457dbe36dd622fe05bc31da94e97

The "Panorama" guy doesnt seem to get the impression it sounds much like the stones, does he?
[Edited by Gazza]
July 31st, 2005 02:17 PM
T&A some more useless fucking information.
July 31st, 2005 02:19 PM
JaggerLips The suspense is killing me!
July 31st, 2005 02:21 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Over analyzed. This all reminds me of scientists trying to quantify the human soul. It works but only to a point.

Well they are analysing the Bigger Bang as opposed to the original Big Bang where life and the universe was born from. LOL
July 31st, 2005 04:11 PM
Poplar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The "Panorama" guy doesnt seem to get the impression it sounds much like the stones, does he?

yeah, he's quite clear about that.

July 31st, 2005 04:13 PM
Poplar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Dixieland with a little Gregorian chant vibe

i also suspect there will be some electronica, fused with a little John Cage-style chance music, with a smattering of new age ambient environmental sounds, a la waves crashing on a beach, and the natural static picked up by dished used in the SETI program.

July 31st, 2005 07:57 PM
Soldatti A want to hear She Saw Me Coming!
July 31st, 2005 11:13 PM
corgi37 So its a un-Stonesy album?

Or, a Stonesy album, not done by the Stones?

Just gimme the bloody thing. September is too far away.

P.S. I hope ya'll wish me a happy birthday on the 11th, or i will be mighty pissed off.
August 1st, 2005 09:01 PM
Bob Tamp Remember Corgi, it's better to be pissed off than Pissed On.
Happy Birthday

Well Keith did say in the radio interview that it was a balanced album but with a lot of funk so it sounds like
RAIN FALLING DOWN

SHE SAW ME COMING

INFAMY

ARE THE 3 FUNKERS ON IT. As long as it's not like Suck on the Jugular I can deal with it. The funk stuff does kind of have me a tad worried.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)