ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rough Justice airplay? Return to archive
July 27th, 2005 08:53 PM
Poison Dart Does anybody have updated numbers on how Rough Justice is doing on the radio?

The last I heard it was doing quite well after it's first few days on the radio.

I've heard it on the radio nearly everyday since last Friday.

How is it doing in your radio market?
July 27th, 2005 09:21 PM
Riffhard Well I'm on the air on the Jersey Shore and we have added it to our rotation heavy. It is currently the most added rock track nationwide for all Active and Mainstream rock stations according to Billboard. The vibe is very very strong for Rough Justice in particular. The phones at my station are going apeshit nuts for it!

I have worked in radio for over twenty years and this tune is easily the best response to a new Stones' tune in that entire span. Many of the callers that I have talked to are just floored by it. Very positive all the way around. That fact must just kill Josh! LOL!

Riffhard
July 27th, 2005 09:44 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Well I'm on the air on the Jersey Shore and we have added it to our rotation heavy. It is currently the most added rock track nationwide for all Active and Mainstream rock stations according to Billboard. The vibe is very very strong for Rough Justice in particular. The phones at my station are going apeshit nuts for it!

I have worked in radio for over twenty years and this tune is easily the best response to a new Stones' tune in that entire span. Many of the callers that I have talked to are just floored by it. Very positive all the way around. That fact must just kill Josh! LOL!

Riffhard

What're the chances of you being able to lite a few copies on fire, if you get my drift.
The few moments I've had the radio on this week, i've had zero luck hearing it. The Mp3 version from an online stream is the best I've heard.
Do you like it?
July 27th, 2005 09:58 PM
Soldatti Summary (July 22-July 26)

AAA
Taking Off
Artist / Title / New Stations / New Spins
#1 ROLLING STONES Rough Justice 9 138

Jump!
Artist / Title / Move / Stations playing
#1 ROLLING STONES Rough Justice +176 18

7 days chart (July 20-26)
Artist / Title / Tw / Lw / Move / Aud. Mill
#20 ROLLING STONES Rough Justice 198 0 198 1.816

Audience impressions (in mill.)
#1 JACK JOHNSON Good People 2.873
#2 COLDPLAY Speed of Sound 2.325
#3 ERIC CLAPTON Revolution 1.890
#4 ROLLING STONES Rough Justice 1.816
#5 SNOW PATROL Chocolate 330 376 -46 1.598

Stations (in order of spins):
WXRT-FM Chicago (32)
KINK-FM Portland (20)
KPRI-FM San Diego (20)
WBOS-FM Boston
WTTS-FM Indianapolis
WZGC-FM Atlanta (11)
WZEW-FM Mobile
KFOG-FM San Francisco
KBCO-FM Denver
WRLT-FM Nashville
KRVB-FM Boise
WMMM-FM Madison, WI
KZPL-FM Kansas City (5)
KMTT-FM Seattle
WXRV-FM Portsmouth, NH
KGSR-FM Austin
WNCS-FM Burlington, VT
KTHX-FM Reno (2)

MAINSTREAM ROCK
Taking Off
#1 ROLLING STONES Rough Justice 7 115

Jump!
Artist / Title / Move / Stations playing
#1 ROLLING STONES Rough Justice +128 12

7 days chart (July 20-26)
Artist / Title / Tw / Lw / Move / Aud. Mill
#18 ROLLING STONES Rough Justice 196 0 196 1.905

Audience impressions (in mill.)
Jul 20 - Jul 26
1 FOO FIGHTERS Best of You 4.927
2 SEETHER Remedy 4.248
3 STAIND Right Here 3.358
6 NINE INCH NAILS The Hand That Feeds 2.592
5 GREEN DAY Holiday 2.376
4 AUDIOSLAVE Be Yourself 2.335
7 SYSTEM OF A DOWN B.Y.O.B. 2.049
8 ROLLING STONES Rough Justice 1.905
9 AUDIOSLAVE Doesn't Remind Me 1.719
10 GREEN DAY Boulevard of Broken ... 1.685

WHEB-FM Portsmouth, NH (24)
WHJY-FM Providence (19)
WMMR-FM Philadelphia (18)
WDHA-FM Morristown, NJ
WZZO-FM Allentown
KDKB-FM Phoenix
WTUE-FM Dayton
KEZO-FM Omaha
KSAN-FM San Francisco
WONE-FM Akron (10)
WBBB-FM Raleigh
WFBQ-FM Indianapolis
KLBJ-FM Austin
WRQK-FM Canton, OH
WZXL-FM Atlantic City (4)
KZRR-FM Albuquerque
WRKZ-FM Pittsburgh
KMOD-FM Tulsa
WKQQ-FM Lexington
WRCQ-FM Fayetteville, NC (2)

ACTIVE ROCK
Taking Off
#10 ROLLING STONES Rough Justice 1 11

WRAT-FM Monmouth Ocean (11)
WGIR-FM Manchester, NH (6)
WXLP-FM Quad Cities
WRIF-FM Detroit
WYSP-FM Philadelphia (2)

U.S total of spins (July 22-July 26)

Total audience (July 22-July 26)

With such high numbers the single will debut high on next week Billboard's Mainstream Rock Tracks.
July 27th, 2005 10:09 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Summary (July 22-July 26)

ACTIVE ROCK
Taking Off
#10 ROLLING STONES Rough Justice 1 11

WRAT-FM Monmouth Ocean (11)
WGIR-FM Manchester, NH (6)
WXLP-FM Quad Cities
WRIF-FM Detroit
WYSP-FM Philadelphia (2)

U.S total of spins (July 22-July 26)

Total audience (July 22-July 26)

With such high numbers the single will debut high on next week Billboard's Mainstream Rock Tracks.

LOL! Soldatti you are right on top of it my man! By the way next week will indeed show RJ as the most added track in both Mainstream and Active Rock. On another note the station noted with the most spins on the Active Rock charts right there is WRAT,and.....you guessed it. That's my station! I played it four of those 11 times! LOL!

Riffhard
July 28th, 2005 01:05 AM
Bitch Riffhard, I'll keep the RAT tuned in and turned up for RJ! How about ONNYA? Have you played it yet? Or Streets of Love? I bet you're not fond of that one - from the posts, it's definately a "chic" song, the guys don't dig it. I must admit, it's awful sad.
July 28th, 2005 01:36 AM
The_Worst Riffhard,

You work for the Rat in Belmar? NICE!!! Ever hang out at Paul's Tavern?
July 28th, 2005 10:35 AM
Poison Dart I'm glad to hear the song is doing so well.
July 28th, 2005 11:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Riffhard, I'll keep the RAT tuned in and turned up for RJ! How about ONNYA? Have you played it yet? Or Streets of Love? I bet you're not fond of that one - from the posts, it's definately a "chic" song, the guys don't dig it. I must admit, it's awful sad.

I think the only 2 songs released to radio stations so far have been Rough Justice and Streets of Love, surely?

"back of my hand" seems to be the next one, this weekend, I think. I suppose that will be the next one we hear.

July 28th, 2005 12:08 PM
gimmekeef Yes there were rumors about this Friday another track being released....and Back of My Hand was the one I thought was next...anyone have confirmation??
July 28th, 2005 12:16 PM
gslinger
Does anybody know if there any central nt stations playing
it?
July 28th, 2005 12:19 PM
nankerphelge Does anyone know why Washington DC has the absolute worst radio on planet Earth?
July 28th, 2005 12:55 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think the only 2 songs released to radio stations so far have been Rough Justice and Streets of Love, surely?

"back of my hand" seems to be the next one, this weekend, I think. I suppose that will be the next one we hear.

Who's playing the songs Gary? BBC Radio 2? What?
July 28th, 2005 01:25 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Does anyone know why Washington DC has the absolute worst radio on planet Earth?

It's Karl Rove's fault!

July 28th, 2005 01:32 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
... the station noted with the most spins on the Active Rock charts right there is WRAT,and.....you guessed it. That's my station! I played it four of those 11 times! LOL!

Riffhard

Man, Riffy. You get PAID to play Stones songs!! How friggin' cool is THAT???

I just heard it on XPN outta Philly for the second time. They said it was from the upcoming album "The Little Wonders". Guess they haven't heard the album is actually going to be called "A Bigger Bank"!

July 28th, 2005 09:28 PM
Soldatti How many tracks they are releasing?
Three singles is too much.
July 28th, 2005 10:33 PM
Bob Tamp I dont think it is really releasing singles. Maybe the band is very pleased at what they have and plan on letting select tracks be played before the album comes out. It might be their strongest marketing yet.
July 29th, 2005 01:01 PM
gslinger

If Nanker thinks Washinton is bad he should live in
central ny like syracuse I've called all the stations
in the area and they insist that it has'nt even been
released in any form singles or otherwise.
July 29th, 2005 01:07 PM
gimmekeef Anyone who enjoys radio of any kind should ante up for satellite radio..XM and Sirius are great and most commercial free with tons of choices....Digital sound too!
July 29th, 2005 02:17 PM
Soldatti SOL made the "B" list this week on BBC Radio 2. The playlist contains about 30 tracks which are divided into three levels: A list, which receive the most plays, about 20 each week; B list 10 plays and the C list around 5 plays.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/r2music/playlist/index.shtml
July 29th, 2005 02:33 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
How many tracks they are releasing?
Three singles is too much.

The 1st single is a "double A-side", featuring both Streets Of Love and Rough Justice. RJ is aimed at American radio (mission accomplished!) and SOL is intended for international (non-US) market.
See also here.

That's only one single. They can release another, maybe ONNYA or Back Of My Hand...
July 29th, 2005 02:41 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Does anyone know why Washington DC has the absolute worst radio on planet Earth?

God, are you ever right. The classic rock station sucks -- all Journey, Bad Company, Foreigner, Styx. "Guitar rock" at its worst. And, amazingly for a metro area with several colleges and universities, there is *no* student-run radio program to speak of. Pathetic.
July 29th, 2005 04:25 PM
nankerphelge It is pathetic -- I usually never listen to FM radio because it is SO bad here. This week, since the release of the STones stuf, I have been hopping between DC 101, The Arrow, 107, and some others...

NOTHING!

In fact, this morning on the ride in to work, I was amazed at howe little music they play at all. Just a bunch of idiots listing to their own jaws flap on the morning shows. Utter crap.

And gslinger, I feel your pain as I was born and raised in upstate NY and it too is pathetic. Although out Syracuse way you get the Rochester station don't ya? Is WOUR still playing R&R outta Utica? PXY 106 in Albany is likely too far away.

July 29th, 2005 04:58 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

And gslinger, I feel your pain as I was born and raised in upstate NY and it too is pathetic.

Nanky ?!?!

August 1st, 2005 09:51 PM
Soldatti Great impact on the mediaguide monitor, a good indicator for a good debut on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks this Thursday.
http://charts.mediaguide.com/format/Mainstream_Rock_single.html
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)