ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I just had a smoke with Lisa Fischer Return to archive
July 27th, 2005 02:16 AM
Mr Jimmy The crowd at Greenwood was a little smaller tonight which was probably due to the rumours that Keith would show up at the Silver Dollar (near the old El Mocambo) to share the stage with Hubert Sumlin. The small gathering of fans waited near the barricades at the back of the school for the chance of getting post-rehearsal autographs. I decided to take a walk. When I rounded the corner, I saw Lisa on a smoke break sitting by herself (one security guard) just outside the front door. We had a smoke and chatted, and when I asked to take her picture she said, "Sure. Do you want one of you and me together? Very nice offer, but I declined because I had this strange desire to run my hands through her hair, so I thought it was best to keep my distance. Maybe on our second "date" I'll go for it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
July 27th, 2005 02:24 AM
Poplar
Lisa look hazed! yeah girl.

she still got that big ass?

July 27th, 2005 02:24 AM
pdog
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
The crowd at Greenwood was a little smaller tonight which was probably due to the rumours that Keith would show up at the Silver Dollar (near the old El Mocambo) to share the stage with Hubert Sumlin. The small gathering of fans waited near the barricades at the back of the school for the chance of getting post-rehearsal autographs. I decided to take a walk. When I rounded the corner, I saw Lisa on a smoke break sitting by herself (one security guard) just outside the front door. We had a smoke and chatted, and when I asked to take her picture she said, "Sure. Do you want one of you and me together? Very nice offer, but I declined because I had this strange desire to run my hands through her hair, so I thought it was best to keep my distance. Maybe on our second "date" I'll go for it!

I like Lisa's voice alot. She's looking tired too, like Jagger did. I hope they aren't killing themselves working long hours. Shit the tour is going to be a vacation after all this!
July 27th, 2005 02:38 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
pdog wrote:

...She's looking tired too, like Jagger did....

The photo doesn't do her justice. I think I caught her mid blink because she was bright eyed and perky when I spoke to her. Even her speaking voice is beautiful.
July 27th, 2005 06:45 AM
luxury1 good work Mr. Jimmy!!
I like Lisa's pic. She is "at work" after all............
And she has somewhat Oriental looking eyes--you can see it on her CD covers.

I know what you mean about the band looking tired. Maybe they were partying the night before or something??
July 27th, 2005 06:54 AM
LadyJane Sounds like you are having the time of your life, Mr Jimmy.

Good for you!!!!

LJ.
aka
Losing it in Buffalo.
July 27th, 2005 08:46 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
The crowd at Greenwood was a little smaller tonight which was probably due to the rumours that Keith would show up at the Silver Dollar (near the old El Mocambo) to share the stage with Hubert Sumlin. The small gathering of fans waited near the barricades at the back of the school for the chance of getting post-rehearsal autographs. I decided to take a walk. When I rounded the corner, I saw Lisa on a smoke break sitting by herself (one security guard) just outside the front door. We had a smoke and chatted, and when I asked to take her picture she said, "Sure. Do you want one of you and me together? Very nice offer, but I declined because I had this strange desire to run my hands through her hair, so I thought it was best to keep my distance. Maybe on our second "date" I'll go for it!

Did You decline the offer? What's the matter with you? Are you crazy or something like that? That pic isn't her best one, but she's hot!

BTW, always greats pix, thank you very much for your effort!
July 27th, 2005 10:01 AM
Martha Mr Jimmy you are keeping us all alive!!!!! What a cool thing to have happen. Keep up the good work!

Now....

What can we do for you?!

Groovy.

:-)
July 27th, 2005 10:37 AM
jb Make-up is a wonderful thing.
July 27th, 2005 11:45 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Martha wrote:

What can we do for you?!

All I want is for you to keep on loving the Rolling Stones!

Thanks for the thanks.
July 27th, 2005 11:49 AM
CraigP I didn't know such a professional singer would smoke cigarettes.
July 27th, 2005 12:04 PM
jb
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I didn't know such a professional singer would smoke cigarettes.

"professional" is the key word.
July 27th, 2005 12:08 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I didn't know such a professional singer would smoke cigarettes.

Keith do smoke.
July 27th, 2005 12:10 PM
ListenToTheLion I surely hope Blondie Chaplin won't show up at the rehearsels and go on tour with them (the same for Fowler, Smith, Fischer, Davis, Snitzer, Leavell and Keys)
July 27th, 2005 12:11 PM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
I surely hope Blondie Chaplin won't show up at the rehearsels and go on tour with them (the same for Fowler, Smith, Fischer, Davis, Snitzer, Leavell and Keys)

The lackies alwasy show up....
July 27th, 2005 12:11 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
I surely hope Blondie Chaplin won't show up at the rehearsels and go on tour with them (the same for Fowler, Smith, Fischer, Davis, Snitzer, Leavell and Keys)

it seems complicated...but let's dream :bring back Mac please!!
July 27th, 2005 12:23 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Keith do smoke.

You don't hear Keith singing the intro to Gimme Shelter either, do you...
July 27th, 2005 02:49 PM
Martha
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

All I want is for you to keep on loving the Rolling Stones!

Thanks for the thanks.

That I can do!!!!!

All the best to you for brightening this board with your daily pics and info.

May you stay forever young!

xxoo,
Martha
July 27th, 2005 03:21 PM
luxury1 Bernard smokes too, and he is there already in Toronto.

I love that innocent, just sitting around at rehearsal photo Mr. Jimmy took..It is classic. What a great moment.
July 27th, 2005 03:31 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Bernard smokes too, and he is there already in Toronto.

I love that innocent, just sitting around at rehearsal photo Mr. Jimmy took..It is classic. What a great moment.

I agree it's one of the greatest moments in history of rock 'n' roll !!
July 27th, 2005 06:18 PM
Child of the Moon You're right. The picture doesn't do her justice. She's a very beautiful woman, but that pic made me go, "GAH!"

But thanks for the cool story, and for the pic, no matter how hazed she looks.
July 27th, 2005 09:57 PM
kath lisa is a beautiful woman, i met her in nyc in 2001 at the blue note. she is obviously working here and who the fucks dressses up to go stand in a hot studio and strain the voices all fuckin' day???

she's verrry sweet and approachable. mr jimmy is having the time of his life!! you go, mr. j!!!
July 29th, 2005 03:48 PM
monkey_man I met her in 1994 at the voodooween/ halloween tour party and she was quite the babe then. She has filled out quite a bit since then!
July 29th, 2005 04:22 PM
KeepRigid I always loved Lisa's account of her first meeting with Keith...how she panicked when she realized, "I can't understand a word he's saying!"
August 1st, 2005 04:41 PM
frannie monkey man thats to cool i met her in philly shes awesome dude next time get an autograph i love to buy one of her cant wait for the tour to start
August 1st, 2005 07:06 PM
luxury1 what??
August 1st, 2005 08:38 PM
glencar While I'm not crazy about her voice quality, she seems like a nice lady.
August 1st, 2005 10:44 PM
luxury1 glencar--will we be partying with you in pdog's hotel preMSG??
August 1st, 2005 10:55 PM
pdog
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
glencar--will we be partying with you in pdog's hotel preMSG??

Even if I'm not there!
August 2nd, 2005 07:45 AM
luxury1 why wont you be there pdog? Something come up?? Where the hell did we decide to meet up anyway??? I have too many questions this morning.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)