ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 10/8 Duke Show Confirmed Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 26th, 2005 04:35 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Poplar wrote:

corn don't vote ..

July 26th, 2005 04:36 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
telecaster wrote:

100% Accurate

shocking.

and i thought the state map looked bad...

July 26th, 2005 04:37 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I say ..................................

... SELL CORN !

Flacky Carson !

July 26th, 2005 04:39 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Poplar wrote:

corn don't vote .. it's the exurbs - red red red

With a little help from Diebold voting machines! !
Sounds like you are proud to to support torture monkey?
July 26th, 2005 04:43 PM
FPM C10
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

shocking.

and i thought the state map looked bad...

Yeah, that is sickening. Sure are a lot of goobers in this country.

I think the Democrats should run a Nascar driver for President next time. Rusty Wallace just retired, maybe he'd be game!

I still want to know what the deal is with the southern part of Texas. Is there a cultural and educational center there like there is in all of the other blue dots?

July 26th, 2005 05:31 PM
The_Worst
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I think the Democrats should run a Nascar driver for President next time. Rusty Wallace just retired, maybe he'd be game!

I still want to know what the deal is with the southern part of Texas. Is there a cultural and educational center there like there is in all of the other blue dots?

Much like the blue urban areas, the southern part of Texas is piss poor & it's people are looking for handouts, thus they tend to vote Democrat....
July 26th, 2005 05:31 PM
Joey

"Yeah you could have timed it a little better Cohl! This country is sinking!!!"

July 26th, 2005 05:51 PM
Poplar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
With a little help from Diebold voting machines! !

and there were 6 gunmen in Dealey Plaza.
July 26th, 2005 05:58 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Poplar wrote:

and there were 6 gunmen in Dealey Plaza.

yeah you're right. . .if it didn't come out of Hannity's mouth on TV it must not have happened. . .
July 26th, 2005 07:51 PM
Maxlugar [quote]FPM C10 wrote:

Some people might call them the Salt of the Earth.

Hey wait a minute, I thought the republicans were the party of the rich! You mean those poor "goobers" vote for them too?

What's left for the dems?

Calling all Corky's!

[Edited by Maxlugar]
July 26th, 2005 08:10 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]FPM C10 wrote:

Some people might call them the Salt of the Earth.

Hey wait a minute, I thought the republicans were the party of the rich! You mean those poor "goobers" vote for them too?

Hmmm. . .John Kerry participated in a war that he came to believe was wrong and spoke his mind. . . so. . .he must hate veterans. . .President Chimp ran and hid in Texas and Alabama bars during the same war and has cut BILLIONS from the Veteran benefits in the last 3 wars and he's a friend of the Vet??!!. . .gimme a break. . .talk to some recent returnees from Iraq and ask them how they feel about the VA cuts your patriotic monkey made during wartime!

[Edited by Maxlugar]

July 26th, 2005 09:03 PM
Maxlugar [quote]monkey_man wrote:

Even assuming what you say is true, which I don't, the fact remains Kerry came back and called his fellow soldiers war criminals. Including those still in prison camps.

July 26th, 2005 09:11 PM
Poplar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
if it didn't come out of Hannity's mouth on TV it must not have happened. . .

??????
when did i say i liked sean hannity?
i can't stand that guy.
July 26th, 2005 10:04 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Even assuming what you say is true, which I don't, the fact remains Kerry came back and called his fellow soldiers war criminals. Including those still in prison camps.

Why do you LIE so much, son?

And why are you still ragging on John Kerry? He LOST! You guys won!

Don't you have your very own political board where you can spout your nonsense at will?
July 27th, 2005 09:09 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]monkey_man wrote:

You alright Macky ?!?!?!

Bushie43's plummeting poll ratings must be getting to you --- and rightfully so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was Reagan & Clinton's high approval ratings that enabled them to survive their respective scandals .

Developing ..............................

Shiver ................................

Joey Haldeman ! ™
July 27th, 2005 11:00 AM
jb http://www.awolbush.com/
July 31st, 2005 08:51 PM
Poplar

some thought this show would be a bust.

single ticket requests now popping up in the upper upper level.

looks like it sold pretty damn well.

July 31st, 2005 10:11 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Poplar wrote:

some thought this show would be a bust.

single ticket requests now popping up in the upper upper level.

looks like it sold pretty damn well.

I agree with you that this show will either sell out or come close to selling out. One of the basic economics of selling tickets is that it doesn't really matter whether you sell out on the first day or the last day. The artist and the ticket agency get the same amount of revenue. A sell out is sell out. Actually, the main people who benefit most from quick sellouts or hard to get tickets are scalpers. They are also the one's hurt the most if ticket sales are sluggish.

The Stones and Cohl will be raking in a ton of money on this tour. My guess is they could care less what misinformed naysayers on this board or any other board think or say. They will be laughing all the way to the bank.

As I've said before, given the outrageously priced tickets on this tour (top price being $350.00-$450.00), the Stones are doing a remarkable job in selling tickets in most markets with the exceptions in a few very soft markets.

The Durham show probably had a reasonably good first day. Probably meaning well over half of the show sold out which, in reality, is a good day. There do seem to be a number of $350.00 tickets still available (I pulled this up just a few minutes ago for eight tickets- I couldn't get 9 or up) which is not good news for the scalpers. Of course, the misinformed naysayers will use this as justification that this show will never sell out. The truth is that ticket sales like Detroit (stadium) or Salt Lake City (arena) are the exceptions as opposed to the rule. Since this goes against their misconceived notions, they chose to ignore these facts and continue to use these shows as "proof" ticket sales are poor and embarrassing.

Durham's first day may not have been the news scalpers were hoping and praying for but, I, unlike some on this board, don't look upon that as necessarily a bad thing.

Rolling Stones
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC
Sat, Oct 8, 2005 07:00 PM
Your Ticket(s)

Section Row Type Ticket Price Convenience Charge Description

PRICE LEVEL 1

A2 33 ADULT US $350.00 US $27.60

[Edited by time is on my side]
August 1st, 2005 01:26 AM
Poplar
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

The Durham show probably had a reasonably good first day. Probably meaning well over half of the show sold out which, in reality, is a good day.

exactly. i wonder what kind of standards the "tour/album is a bust" crowd applying? get a grip. this was a great opening day for a show that was announced just a few days ago. an eventual sellout for sure (as i said the day it was confirmed - told you so). 97% sales for the tour sounds about right for what i've experience dtrying to buy tickets for some shows, despite what some people want to tell you.

2005 - year of the stones.

[Edited by Poplar]
August 1st, 2005 07:31 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Poplar wrote:

First, I'd like to say congratulations on breaking 1000, Poplar. You've always been one of my favorites. I wish you much luck in the future.

Secondly, I will be in the FIRST ROW of the Duke show. Nothing infront of me but Stones. Yeah, I'm pretty cool.

Word has it that this show will be the show of the tour. It will be Brussels, Cow Palace and Hampton all rolled into one. I will be sure to give you a full report soon after.

MACKY!

August 1st, 2005 09:07 AM
Joey " Word has it that this show will be the show of the tour. It will be Brussels, Cow Palace and Hampton all rolled into one. "

Right Shoe Muffle .
August 1st, 2005 09:22 AM
blackandblue Right Shoe Muffle .
[/quote]

Omaha show is definitely cancelled...
August 1st, 2005 09:38 AM
Taptrick
Ticket prices and sales 98% of the bands in America will never even be able to dream of and the album promotion, Monday Night Football tie-ins, and tv ad campaign for the album hasn't even started yet. They are better than on track.

August 1st, 2005 09:43 AM
Joey
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Right Shoe Muffle .

Omaha show is definitely cancelled...
[/quote]

You make Joey weep profusely and shit liquid .

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!
August 1st, 2005 11:20 AM
Poplar
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Word has it that this show will be the show of the tour. It will be Brussels, Cow Palace and Hampton all rolled into one.

i might need a tape of this one.

wish i could be there .. can only fly back east for Charlotte.

August 1st, 2005 04:23 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]monkey_man wrote:

This is how Bush supports members of the armed forces. . .

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,74425,00.html

Some to Lose Hundreds in Pay Monday
Marine Corps News | July 29, 2005
MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. -- Untold numbers of servicemembers residing off base will see their next paycheck shrink by as much as $250 -- and many of them may not even know the blow is coming.

Disbursing shops at several 1st Marine Division and 1st Force Service Support Group battalions surveyed over the past week said they learned only recently about the elimination of "geographic rate protection" under the Basic Allowance for Housing.

The change, outlined in Marine Administrative Message 315/01 and slated to take effect Monday, shelves a DoD policy enacted nearly five years ago. The old policy allowed servicemembers to retain higher housing allowances even when they moved to cheaper neighborhoods, said Master Sgt. Ervin Ramos, staff noncommissioned officer-in-charge for the Consolidated Personnel Administration Center, Headquarters and Support Battalion, Marine Corps Base.

“It’s money that you don’t rate,” Ramos said. “Some Marines will have to prepare themselves for the pay cut.”

Ramos is among administrative Marines sounding the alarm. By early last week, he had already sat down with 40 Marines in his battalion affected by the change, he said.

But many others on base may not find out except via the MarAdmin, the grapevine or the sticker shock of a leaner paycheck.

One example of how drastic the slash in income will be: An E-7 with family members currently drawing San Diego BAH will now draw Camp Pendleton BAH — and stands to forfeit $422 per month.

Staff Sgt. Elliot T. Threat, a substance abuse control officer with Headquarters and Support Battalion, commutes 60 miles one way every day and stands to lose $600, he said.

He was previously stationed at Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego and received permanent-change-of station orders to Camp Pendleton — but continues to draw the MCRD rate.

Until Monday.

His current BAH rate matches his mortgage, he said.

“I’m worried because I’m just waiting on a response from headquarters. I’m not prepared,” he said.

Threat, originally from San Jacinto, said he doesn’t know whether he’ll have to sell his home. He’s still mulling his options.

Under the old system, an E-5 transferring to Camp Pendleton could retain his previous rate at Miramar based on proximity.

If Headquarters Marine Corps did not authorize a move, servicemembers were allowed to maintain a physical address anywhere within the geographic area.

Geographic rate protection is expiring because BAH rates have climbed so that servicemembers no longer have to pay out-of-pocket expenses for housing, Air Force Col. Virginia Penrod, DoD’s director of military compensation, said in an American Forces Press Service article.

But Ray Solly, a retired master gunnery sergeant who’s now a realtor in Escondido, said no out-of-pocket costs in San Diego for home buyers is a pipe dream.

“I think they’re looking at the national picture. They’re not looking at the situation in San Diego County,” said Solly, adding that he helps at least a dozen servicemembers a year buy homes — though mostly not in San Diego County.

Solly said a master sergeant with a family, and a housing allowance of $1,696 a month, can’t come close to the $2,302 he’ll pay monthly for a three-bedroom, two-bath home larger than 1,500 square feet. And that’s a home valued at $400,000 — even though most homes with those specifications go for $450,000 or higher, he said.

Even with an interest-only loan, the monthly payment — $1,875 — requires money out of pocket.

To avoid pocket dipping, servicemembers are moving to southwest Riverside County, and commuting an hour or more each way, for a chance — no guarantees — to make it on BAH alone.

“They’re willing to commute to realize the American dream,” he said.

Individual Rate Protection — which insulates servicemembers against rising housing costs — will remain in effect despite the changes, as long as servicemembers stay within the same geographic area, according to the AFIS article.

If average housing costs go down, people already living in the area will continue to receive the higher amount.

However, servicemembers moving into the area will receive the lower amount, according to the article.

Under new BAH guidelines, a servicemember moving to a new area will receive the appropriate BAH rate for that area, regardless of whether troops already living there are receiving a higher rate, Penrod said.
August 2nd, 2005 12:21 AM
Taptrick Normally I try to stick with the Stones stuff on here but I think I can shed some light on the previous post since I am an active duty Air Force TSgt/E-6 living in the exact area mentioned in the article. In fact, I am in San Diego and Escondido is within 10 miles of my home. Camp Pendleton about 50. I would say the article is misleading and biased. First of all, understand the BHA rate is just your housing payment - that's tax free money not even part of your salary. It might surprise you to learn as a 13 year member I actually gross $5047 per month. $2001 of that is the tax free housing payment plus any amount I wish to divert into the federal thrift savings plan is tax free up to about 10% of my base pay. I consider that a lot of money. This doesn't even cover enlistment bonuses that can range from a few hundred up into the tens of thousands. I'll also get a cost of living increase in January 06 and a 14 year raise in March of 06. I will probably make E-7 next year and will have another $100-$300 tacked onto to everything. If I were a 14 year E-7 like the guy mentioned I'd probably be grossing over $6000 per month. E8 and E-9 a lot more than that. And this is just enlisted - officers tack on another 20% minimun depending on rank.

And yeah, if you get assigned to a new base it makes sense that you might have to move. I am in that process now. I am moving from beautiful San Diego to a very welfare-ridden Antelope Valley near Edwards Air Force base. You think the guy in the story has problems. I will go from my rent being $1360 per month and being paid $2000 per month for housing in San Diego to my rent being $1450 per month but only being paid around $1010 per month for housing in the Antelope Valley. So I go from pocketing over $600 per month to lossing $450 per month. This is a change in living standard of over $1000 per month. But i know the rules. I expect to be reassigned every three years and I expect to need to move. The fact that some were lucky enough to not have to move doesn't mean they have reason to complain. The financial risk of real estate investment in San Diego is the same for all, military or not. The reality of the problem stated that they are not mentioning is these guys chose to buy in nice, high-cost areas and were then assigned to less affluent areas. I considered buying too. But I did research and realized the facts that are out there for all to find. I determined purchasing with no money down was too risky. Some guys bought back in the mid to late 90s and made $100,000-$200,000 profit on homes. That's not as likely today and especially not as likely if you are using an interest only option. Bottom line - military members know they might be expected to selll their home at a moments notice.

This isn't something that was some plot of the Bush administration. It's been a longterm solution. Implentation started being planned in 2001 with DoD and bi-partisan congressional planning involved several years before that. You can attribute it to anyone you want but the reality is we have gone from a majority of troops paying more than 10% of their expenses out-of-pocket to almost none. Now it is true there will kinks as with any massive institutional process. But they will get worked out. And for those that don't, the Navy Relief Society and Air Force Aid Society will be there. I'll be busy with involvement in military related organizations that lobby congress for legislation and with my new community in the Antelope Valley. Any "system-wide" changes will take years if not a decade to achieve regardless of who is in power. But you won't get many in the military complaining about Bush. In fact, my experience is the higher in rank you go the more a true military leader knows not to display political preference.

So was the Duke show confirmed?

[Edited by Taptrick]
August 2nd, 2005 02:17 AM
Poplar
yes taptrick - Duke confirmed.

good post, my man.

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)