ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A Celebration Of The Blues - The Hammersmith Odeon
London 28th June 1992

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stone's tongue Return to archive
07-29-03 04:49 PM
keith_tif Somebody know who has design stones' tongue?

Thank you very much

RG
07-29-03 06:38 PM
sandrew Mick has attributed it to John Pasch, but there's a whole other story behind it. Someone on this board will know the guy's name -- it escapes me now -- but there's someone else who claims to have designed it.

According to Mick, however, he was inspired by the disembodied tongue in images of the Hindu goddess Kali, and John Pasch produced a "Westernized" version of it.
07-29-03 07:01 PM
JumpinJackFlash Gee, reading this article in a book i have, it seem's Andy Warhol designed the tongue for it's debut on the Sticky Finger's album.
07-30-03 01:11 AM
parmeda sandrew, I think you're right about "the other guy", lol. It's got me bangin' my head now...
There's been so many stories about it, but most of them point in the direction of Pasche.

It was attributed to the New York pop-artist Andy Warhol, but it was actually Jagger himself and graphic artist John Pasche who came up with the logo, which was inspired by the iconographic tongue of Kali, the Hindu goddess of creation and destruction.

It's reported that Pasche was paid 50 guineas for designing the logo. Also, it was produced as promotion badges for the '71 UK Tour."
07-30-03 12:02 PM
sandrew Parmeda - I got it! The "other guy's" name is Ruby Mazur...
07-30-03 04:15 PM
parmeda Here's that goofy bastard, lol!

Thanks sandrew...I can sleep tonight