ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A Celebration Of The Blues - The Hammersmith Odeon
London 28th June 1992

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 20 Things you didn't know about Mick Jagger Return to archive
07-29-03 09:48 AM
steel driving hammer Sunday Times (London)

July 27, 2003, Sunday

20 Things you didn't know about Mick Jagger

BYLINE: Maurice Chittenden

BODY:
1 His father's real name was Basil - as in Fawlty - but he preferred to be known as Joe.

2 Jagger was the star of Dartford grammar school's basketball team, leaping and bounding about the court in moves that were to come in useful on stage later. He was a member of the first cricket XI and played rugby for his house.

3 He reportedly had his first sexual experience with other boys while at school. Although Denny Laine of Moody Blues and Wings fame has talked of Mick "definitely swinging both ways", Jagger says he has not had a 2heavy sexual thing" with a man since he was at school.

4 He made his TV debut, aged 16, in 1959 appearing on the ITV programme Seeing Sport, scaling a rock face at High Rocks, Tunbridge Wells, Kent. His father was technical adviser on the programme.

5 When he was 16 Jagger wanted to be a journalist. But it seemed too much like hard work, he said. Instead he went to the London School of Economics.

6 Mick first met Keith Richards when he sold him an ice cream while doing a holiday job outside the public library in Dartford, Kent. A few years later they met again on the platform at Dartford railway station. Richards was drawn to the Chuck Berry LP, Rocking at the Hop, under Jagger's arm. "You're into Chuck Berry. That's a coincidence," said Richards. An idea was born. The Stones' first single was to be Come On, a Berry tune.

7 Jagger's first sexual experience with a woman was said to be an Italian nurse who pulled him into a linen closet at a hospital where he was doing a summer job as a porter.

8 During the early days of the Stones Jagger sang the backing track for a TV commercial for Rice Krispies: "Wake up in the morning, there's a pop that really says: Rice Krispies for you and you and you." The ad was first aired on the same night the Stones were the first act to appear on the very first Top of the Pops.

9 Jagger's first high-profile girl friend was Chrissie Shrimpton, sister of Jean Shrimpton, the Kate Moss of her day, in 1964.

10 Since then he has been married twice and been linked to 43 other well-known women, including Marianne Faithfull, Carly Simon, and Tina Turner, all singers, and Margaret Trudeau, wife of the Canadian prime minister (the value of the Canadian dollar dropped at the news).

11 According to a former roadie, Jagger was having sex with Tina Turner under a concert stage in Bristol while her husband, Ike, was smashing up a dressing room in a rage.

12 Marianne Faithfull, who had just had a bath, was wrapped naked in a rug watching television when police staged a drugs raid on Richards' Surrey home in 1967. A policeman mentioned seeing a Mars bar on a cabinet in a bedroom. It was the start of a wicked, if unfounded, rumour.

13 Mick's latest squeeze is L'Wren Scott, an American stylist and former model who is 24 years younger and at 6ft 3in at least seven inches taller than him.

14 Jagger wrote the lyrics to It's Only Rock-n-Roll after being berated by his first wife, Bianca, for the 'frivolity' of his life.

15 He once pulled a gun on Keith Moon, the Who's drummer, when Moon, staying in the same New York hotel, climbed through Mick and Bianca's window as a surprise. She got up, dressed and went out dancing with Moon.

16 Charlie Watts, the Stones' drummer, once punched Jagger in an Amsterdam hotel room after Jagger called him "my little drummer boy". As he came round, Watts told him: "Don't ever call me your drummer again . . . you're my f****** singer."

17 Papa was a Rolling Stone. Jagger has seven children, aged 31 to four. They are Karis Jagger, his daughter with actress and singer Marsha Hunt, star of the musical Hair; Jade Jagger, his daughter with first wife Bianca; four children from his marriage to Jerry Hall: Elizabeth, Georgia, James and Gabriel; and a son, Lucas, with Luciana Morad, a Brazilian model.

18 Jagger refused to be entered in Who's Who in 1986 but relented for this year's edition after receiving his knighthood.

19 He was elected honorary president of the LSE students' union in 1994, beating Carlos the Jackal to the post.

20 He 'owns' 1,777 acres of the moon, having paid Pounds 16 to a new age shop in California for the deeds.

07-29-03 12:23 PM
riffhard64 cool post...i knew all of that except for #s 7 and 14
07-29-03 02:31 PM
gypsy Cool. Thanks for that. I didn't know about Bianca dancing with Keith Moon. I wonder if Joey knows.
07-29-03 02:34 PM
jb Stop making him gay....he is not a fudgepacker.....
07-29-03 03:03 PM
gypsy Stop being so narrow-minded, jb. Maybe your next secretary will be a big gay man.
07-29-03 03:05 PM
jb I am not homophobic.........I just don't like them making fun of Mick!!!
07-30-03 07:14 AM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
I am not homophobic.........I just don't like them making fun of Mick!!!

Sure.......is Judy garland your favorite female singer???