ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A Celebration Of The Blues - The Hammersmith Odeon
London 28th June 1992

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lyceum or Saville Theater Return to archive
07-29-03 06:16 AM
Mathijs The subscript of the header today says Lyceum Theater, but the concert was held at the Saville Theater. As far as I know (any Londoners here?) these are two different venues:

Saville Theater, Shaftesbury Avenue, London, England
Lyceum Theatre, 21 Wellington Street, WC2E 7RQ

Wasn't the Saville Theater closed in the beginning of the 70's?

Mathijs
07-29-03 11:14 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm right and I have photos of the shows at both both venues late December 1969 from different sources.

The shows at Saville Theatre were held on December 14, 1969 while the shows at Lyceum Theatre were held a week later on December 21, 1969. A couple of shows each day.
07-29-03 11:21 AM
jb There seems to be some confusion on the proper venue....perhaps Gazza can clear it up..he, like Mathjis, is a purported historian .
07-29-03 11:27 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm sure JB and I have the evidence, you can also check any setlist page (of course Gazza's too) to confirm that there were two shows on each venue on December 14 and 21 respetively

As for photos Mathijs is very good but I do remember one day he was affirming that the photos I posted of the New Barbarians warming-up backstage were taken during the Emotional Rescue Sessions and he was wrong.

In this case he's asking and I'm replying. Some weeks ago I posted two headers of the Saville Theatre shows
07-29-03 11:30 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the Saville Theatre show a week beofre the Lyceum, I have several more, including the rehearsals

07-29-03 11:34 AM
jb Your evidence appears to substantiate your claim Vodoo...indeed, you seem to have a preponderance of evidence on your side...However, under the English judicial system, I am not sure what the legal standard is...also, isn't Mathjis Dutch?
07-29-03 11:35 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL JB
07-29-03 02:28 PM
beer Okay, in the Saville pic, Keith is finger picking capoed at the 2nd fret. Taylor is playin slide. What song is it....
07-29-03 02:30 PM
jb Dead Flowers? Love in Vain?
07-30-03 12:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
beer wrote:
Okay, in the Saville pic, Keith is finger picking capoed at the 2nd fret. Taylor is playin slide. What song is it....

Based on the discussions we uset to have with similar headers let me tell you that in the second part of the trivia we will post some photos and the participants must answer the venue, the date, and the song based on evidences on the photos.

Deqad Flowers was not played that day, so guess what it was "You Gotta Move" or "Love in Vain" etc?
07-30-03 10:04 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the header

Lyceum Theatre, London - 21st December 1969
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives