ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A Celebration Of The Blues - The Hammersmith Odeon
London 28th June 1992

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mellencamp and Elvis (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
07-29-03 10:40 AM
Joey No ,

But I do spend a lot of time here :

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/D/htmlD/dallas/dallas.htm

Jacky !
07-29-03 10:46 AM
jb Charlene Tilton copuld give me head any day of the week!!!!!!!!!!
07-29-03 10:50 AM
Joey " Charlene Tilton copuld ( sic ) give me head any day of the week!!!!!!!!!! "

Gotta go with Victoria Principal .

Josh !!!!..... True story !!! .......... In the fall of 1977 when Larry Hagman arrived on the set for the very first time , Victoria Principal greeted him with open arms and said , " Welcome to MY Television Series ! "

Larry just smiled and said nothing .

Beautiful .

Jacky !
07-29-03 10:53 AM
Martha Wow...what a rukus....well, that is par for the course around here right?!

And.....I got to see John and his band perform last night tuned in right when they started in to the song! I thought they did a great job, better albeit marginally, than the Letterman gig a few weeks back.

Yeah, John is an activist and I dig him for speaking out about some of the things that suck in the (corporate) world. That takes courage and I respect the people who put their energies into their wanting things to get better . It is interesting to me that you do the very same thing SS, you are alwasy speaking out about what you believe in or feel compelled to say for the sake of others ( I like this about you)...and you then have disdain for the rock and roller's who do so too...I wouldn't have guessed that about you. Seems contradictory in a way...but I don't want to get this thread rolling too hard, so no matter. We can all have our likes and dislikes and still roll with our Stones...ehh?!

I think John, and Bono for that matter, are great lyricists and singers....bluesy absolutely. I don't know how you can miss that, even if you dislike them as people. John's newset album does not sound fake to me at all....I would never thing to describe it in that way. I love the bluesyness it connotes. Well done!

FPM C-10I have the Peter G's. book right here and just haven't set time aside to read them..I have both volumes...but my friend who visited earlier this summer read the part that you are talking about ..I guess it is almost gruesome to hear how much dope Elvis was ingesting at the end. Eeeek.

Joey...I wish you would at least nuzzle me just for being here today....sigh....

Hey Gypsy...I am so glad to have you looking out for me around here...we gotta stick together from time to time. You alwasy seem to know exactly what to say..you have such a nack for that! How you been feeling? Good I trust.

Nellcote....... GREAT points you brought in to this thread..about John's career. Thanks for that. I love most of his body of work and think it has gotten better with age and time. I guess one of John's music producers came to him and asked him to do the latest album, by the way....I heard him talking about that when he was on Carson Daily.

SS, is Carson Daily a twat too?

JB..are you still having an affair....? I thought it had already grown cold....like an ice cream cone.

Oh, I'll look around to see if I can sign into a yoga class....Leg Up everyone!

Now..the real question that superscedes all others.

WHERE IN THE HELL IS KEITH'S BRACELET??????

Bill Perks....I love that you include.."when the shit hits the fan I'll be sitting on the can" in every post you make. And..keep the all caps, they seem to suit you perfectly!

Now where is this thread goin'.........

...........to Clarksdale perhaps.
07-29-03 10:54 AM
Joey " Joey...I wish you would at least nuzzle me just for being here today....sigh.... "

I would like to nuzzle you .

J. Kins

07-29-03 11:44 AM
Martha
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Joey...I wish you would at least nuzzle me just for being here today....sigh.... "

I would like to nuzzle you .

J. Kins

Please begin......:-)
07-29-03 11:49 AM
jb It got hot again....maybe too hot for my own good....
07-29-03 12:27 PM
Factory Girl jb, will you be writing a tell-all book?
07-29-03 01:20 PM
jb No, I'll be writing huge checks to my ex-wife!!!
07-29-03 01:23 PM
steel driving hammer And you'll be singing the song Ain't Nobody's Fault But Mine.

N N N N N N N N N N Noooooooooooo bodysfault!
07-29-03 01:23 PM
Factory Girl jb, are you going to ask her for a divorce? Have you already done so? Are you and the sec that serious??
07-29-03 01:56 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
Mellencamp recently insulted the Stones claiming they were just "rich old men"...Elvis was truly a pioneer, yet became fat and bloated and died straining to have a bowel movement....he also allegedly was "small"....

Um...the Stones ARE rich old men, so I can't really hold that against Johnny.

As for Elvis being "small" - according to the odious Albert Goldman, he was also uncircumcized. "Elvis was ashamed of his ugly hillbilly pecker," is how this uniquely gifted and thankfully dead man of letters phrased it.

Martha - I think you're responding to Prodigal Son, not me. But I just like reading my name in print, so thanks!

I really hope you get your back problems straightened out. I had back surgery (back when I had insurance)and it was NO FUN. I hope yoga can fix you up, because (watch how I tie this all together) as Elvis said in a movie he starred in with Angela Lansbury, "Yoga is as yoga does". WhatEVER the hell THAT means.

Regarding John Mellencamp - there are many many MANY worse rock stars out there. Although like SS I hold a grudge for him screwing up "Ring of Fire" when we saw Johnny Cash at the R&R HoF show, I like a lot of his songs. I think the coolest thing I've heard by him was a version of Woody Guthrie's "Do Re Mi" that was on a tribute show back in the 80s.
07-29-03 02:13 PM
gypsy Martha, you are so sweet. I have been doing great, as a matter of fact. We're in the middle of buying a house...should be moving in next week!
I JUST started doing yoga last week--some Denise Austin video tapes to do at home--as well as going to the gym and using the elliptical and weight machines. I'm already feeling and seeing some major results. I really like the Yoga much more than I thought I would. If you have a local Hastings, the videos are dirt cheap right now.

FG, I've never watched soap operas, but I feel like I'm tuning into one everytime jb posts. I'm always wondering "did he get caught with his pants down today?" Cuz, I thought he got busted a couple of weeks ago...apparently not.
07-29-03 03:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot It is SOOOOOOOOOO simple.

Mellentwat does not know the words to Ring Of Fire. Ergo he is a fuckwit.

I agree with FPM that there are far worse out there than Menstralcramp...like Peter Frampton, Peter Cetera, Ted Nugent, Billy Idol...lots of 'em...but that still doesn't stop him from sucking like a Hoovermatic.

A little insight about Johnny. At the Concert for the R&RHOF, the artists who were performing, but not yet inducted, paid tribute to those who were no longer around by doing covers of their fave artists. Except for John Menstralcramp, he had the fucking GALL to do his own songs. The fucker paid tribute to HIMSELF, and THEN fucked up Ring Of Fire with JC. I will NEVER forgive that egotistical SOB. In fact, he better never get within right cross range of me, or Johnny Whutsiznamethisyear will get his lights turned out.

You wanna pollute your ears with that trash, go ahead. I prefer to listen to the REAL deal.
07-29-03 03:13 PM
jb Elvis had an ugly schlong?
07-29-03 03:13 PM
gypsy apparently elvis had a small schlong...
07-29-03 03:18 PM
jb Yes Gypsy.....small and ugly...often referred to as "Little Elvis".....
07-29-03 03:21 PM
Boomy What the fuck are you people talking about?

Factory Girl maybe thats why Elvis became King-to compensate for his smallness?

Maybe that is why he dated little Priscilla...b/c she didn't know better abou the size.

Factory Girl Boomy-Elvis's salami.
07-29-03 03:30 PM
Larry Dallas Martha,

Keep defending Mellencamp and I'll be there right with you. Yes Sir Stonesalot, he did fuck up Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" during that concert, but the event occurred very close behind his heart attack. I don't believe he even wanted to be there performing in the first place. Just like June Carter said, "No one should share a stage with Johnny Cash." At least he didn't change the words to Folsom Prison like Keb Mo did on that tribute record.

As for soapbox politics from rock stars, I can take it or leave it. It's cool that someone is not afraid to speak opinions and then not back off of them like the Dixie Chicks did. If anyone read any of the article beyond Mellencamp's words about the Stones, he did state at the end that he's still the luckiest man in the world. That sounds pretty grounded to me.

Someone mentioned previously that Mellencamp wanted to be Woody Guthrie. He may want to honor Gutrie, but I believe everyone followed Dylan's lead when he realized that not even he could be Woody. But if people want to try to keep Woody's work and legacy around, how can you fault a man for trying? At least he's not asking for anyone to reconsider Warrant or Toto.
07-29-03 03:39 PM
jb Mellencamp lost all credibility when he got rid of his drummer IMHO....
07-29-03 03:40 PM
gypsy and when he named his kids Hud and Speck...
07-29-03 03:42 PM
Factory Girl I saw pics of Hud and Speck-they look like little Johnnys. His wife, Elaine Irwin, is very pretty.
07-30-03 12:52 AM
Sir Stonesalot Actually, I don't really care at all about Mellencamp. I can take him or leave him. I do hold a grudge against him for the Ring Of Fire fiasco though...but other than that I think he's pretty harmless.

I just felt like stirring up the shit.

And nobody stirs up shit like me!

Heh heh heh.
07-30-03 02:23 AM
MarthaMyDear He's fucking hot as hell so who fucking cares WHAT he sounds
like, believes in, says, and/or fucks-up song-wise!!!
lol................... I'll just LOOK at the hottie and have
a GOOD, ole time!!! lol........................ :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
And, that's a fact, Jack!!! Ain't no looking back!!!
lol........................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P I wish he'd stop
smoking, though, for his health!!!!!
ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
07-30-03 07:07 AM
JaggaRichards Get your hands on the DVD, 'Elvis 56'.
It has all the King's great live TV perfs from the 50's.
The man was great!!!!
07-30-03 10:17 AM
Martha Well...I never dreamed a little thread about John Mellencamp could stir up so much chitter chatter....schmatta..well you kow that one.

Sir, youmentiioned liking ot stir things up and since you have I have a confession....I was (albeit briefly) married (at least that's what the man told us at the Elvis Chapel that night or should I say early wee hours of the morning...I was a bit tipsy so it was before I gave up the booze) to John, then known as Cougar Mellencamp back in the very early Eighties. I found it a bit interesting that JB had brought the Eighties up in this thread. All this discussion and the Ring Of Fire incident just made me crack open and feel the need to tell all my firends here that I was once married to him. Ok I've said it..it's all out in the open now. Of course, I'm not sure he remembers the ceremony either...it was a looooong time ago..and the booze was flowin' that night like I've never seen before or since.

Oh..Hell Yes he is HOT Martha My Dear...... I couldn't agree with you more. Your comments really helped to pull me out of the closet ......and I wish he would stop the cig habit too. I used to tell him but he wouldn't listen...he is a bit edgy and high strung. Sigh. He really does have the blues SS.

Ok I've confessed.

Now...since no one has answered this question anwhere yet.........WHERE in the HELL is Keef's chain link fence bracelet??? WHERE???????
07-30-03 10:31 AM
Joey " ...was a bit tipsy so it was before I gave up the booze) to John, then known as Cougar Mellencamp back in the very early Eighties. I found it a bit interesting that JB had brought the Eighties up in this thread. All this discussion and the Ring Of Fire incident just made me crack open and feel the need to tell all my firends here that I was once married to him. Ok I've said it..it's all out in the open now. Of course, I'm not sure he remembers the ceremony either...it was a looooong time ago..and the booze was flowin' that night like I've never seen before or since.............."

While on the subject of Confessions , Maxy was once married to Pete Townshend in the mid - 80's ( albeit briefly and it was only legal in Ceylon ) .

{{ CA- RACK }}

Double .

Jackykins
07-30-03 10:54 AM
Martha Oh a LOT of things went on on the Eighties that many of us would rather not remember. Of course, my marraige to John WAS legal...but never officially acknowledged by the state of Indiana. Later, when the relationship ended, I went on back to Ohio hoping to never disuss (or admit to) the matter again. It wasn't my best moment.
Page: 1 2 3