ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A Celebration Of The Blues - The Hammersmith Odeon
London 28th June 1992

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mellencamp and Elvis (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
07-28-03 01:46 PM
Martha Heads Up!

For those of you interested John Mellencamp will be on Jay Leno tonight, July 28th, performing "Stones in My Passway" off his newest release "Trouble No More"..a great album (IMHO) if you haven't already found this out yourself!

Also.. AOL is gonna stream (I think ) a performance from Elvis's living room in Graceland, John Mellencamp and his band jammin' on August 2nd. I guess Elvis and his band did some recording in the same room back in the hey day.....so it should be a jammin good time...!

"You see my streakin' by.......

hey, I cannot be late...

You see me streakin' by....

please don't let me be late...

I movin', movin'....

'cause my life is at stake.....!"
07-28-03 02:19 PM
jb Anymore bad news to report Martha?>:
07-28-03 02:30 PM
Joey Actually , Elvis could not hold a candle to the likes of Mick Jagger , Keith Richards , Peter Dennis Blanford Townshend , Keith Moon , Macca , Lennon , etc .

Just look at the outpouring of Grief the day John Lennon or Keith Moon passed from this orb .

Just look at my bloated belly from eating too much Veal Marsala at lunch today .

Just look at young Joey getting up from his desk and going to the bathroom to flush it all out of his system .

Developing ........................

Literally ..........................

JACKY !
07-28-03 02:46 PM
jb Mellencamp recently insulted the Stones claiming they were just "rich old men"...Elvis was truly a pioneer, yet became fat and bloated and died straining to have a bowel movement....he also allegedly was "small"....
07-28-03 03:14 PM
Larry Dallas Martha,

I love JM's music, but the concert at Elvis' house is a little freaky to me. The most freaky thing, however, is that John is shooting a CMT Crossroads show with KENNY CHESNEY. What the Hell is the COOG thinking? I may have to give John all of his music back if he goes through with it.
07-28-03 03:32 PM
Martha
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
Martha,

I love JM's music, but the concert at Elvis' house is a little freaky to me. The most freaky thing, however, is that John is shooting a CMT Crossroads show with KENNY CHESNEY. What the Hell is the COOG thinking? I may have to give John all of his music back if he goes through with it.

Well...I just try to ignore things like this as I do not make decisions for John or anyone but me. All these music people are connected due to the nature of the biz they are in. I love the new CD...and am cool with the shoot/jam in Elvis's living room....it might be cool....we'll see. What the hell.

And... I pay no mind to performers (or people) like KC who mean nothing to me in the first place, so if John does something with him I wouldn't know anyway. Don't care one way or the other.

I go for the pieces of music and performers and performances that I dig and leave the rest alone.

And along those lines...that means I have no comment for you either, JB.

Keep on rockin though!
07-28-03 03:34 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jb wrote:
Mellencamp recently insulted the Stones claiming they were just "rich old men"...Elvis was truly a pioneer, yet became fat and bloated and died straining to have a bowel movement....he also allegedly was "small"....

I thought Elvis choked to death eating a fried bannana and peanut butter sandwich, at the same time as he was taking a sh*t...

07-28-03 03:36 PM
jb Cougar still smokes despite his heart attack....his performance on SNL in or around 1980 was one of the most embarrassing things I ever had the misfortune to watch....
07-28-03 03:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot John Menstralcramp is as big of a twat as Bono.

Thanks for the warning Martha....It looks like a Letterman/Kimmel night tonight.
07-28-03 03:45 PM
jb I think Martha likes him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07-28-03 03:53 PM
Factory Girl I bought Barb Wire dvd. Has anyone seen it and is it any good? TIA!
07-28-03 04:23 PM
Martha I will not be bullied or sent of of town on a rail...Yes..it is true, I love Jphn Mellencamp. Especially, the new album....which is a 2003 release and has no direct connection to 1980...but what does, except for certain people who post here? And quite often, I might add.
07-28-03 04:39 PM
steel driving hammer Don't worry Martha, I like Mellencamp.

If I can stay up that late, I'll watch it.
07-28-03 04:42 PM
Martha Steelie..I would like to shower you with kisses and hugs!

xxoo,
Martha
07-28-03 04:53 PM
jb Hi Martha.....I hope your not mad...I was just kidding...I thought you knew me better!! Sorry....
07-28-03 04:56 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Martha wrote:
Steelie..I would like to shower you with kisses and hugs!
xxoo,
Martha

How about instead of that, you just Get A Leg Up..........Ahhh.
07-28-03 05:02 PM
Martha I can't Get A Leg Up not like I used to...I've blown out my lumbar...namely discs 4 and 5...and am in physical therapy trying to unlock my left hip....it is horribly locked up..but I am slowly making some improvement. And so, once I am moving like a yoga master again I'll get back to you. Until then, hugs and kisses have to suffice.

xxxxxoooooo

JB..... is was only joshing ya'.
07-28-03 05:12 PM
steel driving hammer They have a Yoga class at my health club but I every time I just walk past it. Yoga is supposed to the 2nd best thing to exercise.

Meantime, I have to forget all about that macho shit and learn how to play guitar.
07-28-03 05:23 PM
Joey " Yoga is supposed to the 2nd best thing to exercise. "

No , THIS is :

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/D/htmlD/dallas/dallas.htm

Jacky !
07-28-03 05:24 PM
Nellcote Nobody asked, but....

Musically, he takes a large leap with his blues themed new release.
His no nonsense approach is refreshing.
He does seem to find atttractive looking wives.
His videos can border on pollyana.
He probably did not know the trouble his keyboard player got into...
He shared Bowie's producer in his Cougar days, which he despises, but helped him.
He should be credited for keeping the Farm Aid candle lit.
Politcally, he attempts to be Woody Guthrie, but fails.
He had his daughter sing on a Christmas song he released long ago, which was cool.
When you really look at the body of work, he has lasted many in the same mold..(Can you say Henry Lee Summer?)and has not been afraid to experiment.
He can be a putz sometimes, however I'm guilty of that!

MMMMartha, thanks for the heads up!
07-28-03 10:39 PM
Prodigal Son Elvis was messed in the 70s; just read the second part to Last Train to Memphis, called Careless Love, both by Peter Guralnick. It'll tell you all you need to know about the concoctions of pills he was usually high on and how so much of it just ruined his internal organs to the point where he had twisted bowels, inefficient kidneys and liver, stomach problems and the thing that really got him was an enlarged heart. Poor guy musta been constipated for an hour or two (it says he was, and reading a book), then those bowel movements were too much more strain on his heart so it just failed on him. Actually, a more sad and pitiful way to die than most rock stars who typically just OD, die from hard living, die in car accidents, drown or murdered.
07-28-03 10:43 PM
BILL PERKS MELLENCAMP IS A GENIUS.....WRITING BETTER SONGS THAN THE STONES HAVE IN 30 YEARS.SCARECROW,LONESOME JUBILEE,BIG DADDY,WHENEVER WE WANTED ARE HIS GREAT PERIOD,BUT HE'S STILL OUT THERE LAYIN ON THE LINE.HIS BAND ISNT AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE.KENNY ARONOFF IS MY FAVORITE DRUMMER,EVEN OVER CHARLIE.
07-29-03 01:11 AM
Sir Stonesalot If John Menstralcramp came to my door, and asked to play me a private concert in my basement room...I would shhot the fucker for trespassing on my property.

Mellencamp is a twat. Just like...say it with me people...Bono is a twat.

You know why I hate his new record? Because it comes of so fuckin' FAKE. He ain't no "Bluesman". I only know of 4 or 5 white guys who have the Blues waaaaayyyyy down in 'em. Mellencamp ain't one of 'em.

Besides, he don't know the words to Ring Of Fire.

What a twat.
07-29-03 03:05 AM
gypsy Everyone's entitled to their opinions here. I just don't like to see a bunch of people gang up on Martha for her musical preferences. Yeah, we all love the Stones, but we all like variety as well (especially josh, whose boning his secretary instead of his wife...and it's *so* totally josh-like to brag about it on the board). But, we all know that josh is twat-like...but we still luv him.

[Edited by gypsy]
07-29-03 08:44 AM
Nellcote Mellencamp was great last night....
07-29-03 08:46 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I just don't like to see a bunch of people gang up on Martha for her musical preferences.

2 people of all the registered users is far from a bunch honey.

It's not even enough to be a minority.

07-29-03 09:36 AM
Joey

" 2 people of all the registered users is far from a bunch honey. "

You make Joey sniggle .

Come to Joey ...........

07-29-03 10:19 AM
jb Bill Perks-please never post on this board again after that disgusting "sucking" up to Mellencampof yourself.....
07-29-03 10:25 AM
Joey " Bill Perks-please never post on this board again after that disgusting "sucking" up to Mellencampof yourself....."

Josh , I have been meaning to ask you , when I completed my Judaism studies last year , the Temple promised me a Winnebago by July 4th . ( So far , Nada ! ) .

Whenever I broach Rabbi Katzman about the subject , he tells me to , " Piss Off !!!! " and to " Go Play in the Street !!!!! "

WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jacky Kissinger !

07-29-03 10:27 AM
jb Joey, have you ever read "Why bad things happen to good people"? This will shed some light on your rabbi's response.
Page: 1 2 3