ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A Celebration Of The Blues - The Hammersmith Odeon
London 28th June 1992

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who Live At Royal Albert Hall (NSC) Return to archive
07-28-03 12:31 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Anyone heard this yet?

What do you think?

-tSYX --- I thought it was an alternative transportation policy...
07-28-03 01:15 AM
corgi37 Do you mean the the dvd from a few years ago? I think its ok. But, the guest stars spoil it for me. The Who seem obsessed with having guests, right back to Elton. Why? Remember Billy Idol doing his bit in Tommy? Why? ANd Noel Gallagher on this dvd. Fucking why? Apart, from that, i think its ok. Ringo's son cant drum for shit though, not like Simon Phillips anyway.
07-28-03 01:15 AM
beer Not yet.

I JUST got the 30 years of Maximum R and B Box set though. Found it cheap on Ebay.
07-28-03 01:19 AM
beer
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Do you mean the the dvd from a few years ago? I think its ok. But, the guest stars spoil it for me. The Who seem obsessed with having guests, right back to Elton. Why? Remember Billy Idol doing his bit in Tommy? Why? ANd Noel Gallagher on this dvd. Fucking why? Apart, from that, i think its ok. Ringo's son cant drum for shit though, not like Simon Phillips anyway.

A friend of mine got to play guitar onstage with The Who at the House Of Blues in Chicago. He got to play on "Lets See Action".
07-28-03 05:01 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Ringo's son cant drum for shit though, not like Simon Phillips anyway.

!!!! Is this for real?!?!?? Zack Starkey has been the best living drummer for a decade now...PLEASE take a second listen to any shows post '95, particularly the '00 Tour. Such opinions (?) must make Joey very sad.
07-28-03 09:33 AM
Joey " !!!! Is this for real?!?!?? Zack Starkey has been the best living drummer for a decade now...PLEASE take a second listen to any shows post '95, particularly the '00 Tour. Such opinions (?) must make Joey very sad. "

Man , you said it .

I picked up the 3 Disc CD last Tuesday and it is marvelous . The Third Disc contains four songs from John Entwistle's last live performance with THE WHO ( February 2002 ) --- Needless to say , I wept profusely as these four tracks wafted through my stero system .............pure sonic candy .

John's massive bristling tone was the anchor for the band and he was indeed the " Greatest Player EVER to Pick Up the Bass " !!!!! Yet , Pino Palladino is pretty damn good too .

Developing ................................

Joesy !

07-29-03 12:20 AM
Gimme Shelter I got the three disc set off Amazon UK a couple of weeks ago. I think its great. You can feel the Ox and the thunder!!!!!
07-29-03 09:37 AM
corgi37 I respect your opinions on Zak, but i disagree. He's a hell of a lot better than Kenny Jones, but he's not in the same ball park as Simon Phillips. On the ALbert hall DVD, he's not doing any thing spectacular or special. They've just mixed his drums way up and with a deeper richer sound. He's not burning the kit, more like thumping around. But, i aint too fussed about it. He aint Moonie, so who cares.
07-29-03 11:22 PM
BILL PERKS THE WHO DVD IS AWESOME.THEY SOUNDED WAY BETTER THAN THE CABARET ACT OF 89.SIMON PHILLIPS IS AN AWESOME DRUMMER BUT HE PLAYS WAY TOO MUCH AND ZAK IS A WAY BETTER FIT FOR THE WHO.I LOVE KENNEY'S DRUMMING ON RECORD WAS GOOD BUT ONSTAGE HE WAS OUT OF HIS LEAGUE.
07-30-03 04:51 AM
MRD8 I have a screen feed video from the Detroit show on June 27th, 2000 that blows away the official RAH DVD...no special guests or extra musicians...just The Who on fire! Once they turned Zak loose he became a perfect fit for them...on the Quadrephrenia tour in '96 he seemed lost at times but on the Detroit show he smokes! I think Simon Phillips is a great overall drummer but he couldn't play Who songs worth a crap...I think he was intimidated just like Kenny Jones by the fact he was trying to replace such a huge legend!
07-30-03 09:33 AM
Joey " I have a screen feed video from the Detroit show on June 27th, 2000 that blows away the official RAH DVD...no special guests or extra musicians...just The Who on fire! Once they turned Zak loose he became a perfect fit for ..............."

I LOVED that screen feed .

Bob , you are much loved by the Joey !

" Zak IS Moonie Ronnie "

Jacky !