ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A Celebration Of The Blues - The Hammersmith Odeon
London 28th June 1992

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Stones live DVD due out in November Return to archive
07-26-03 03:43 PM
steel driving hammer From IORR,

The new Rolling Stones DVD is scheduled to be released in November this year. It is planned to be a 4 DVD with live material from Madison Square Garden Jan. 18 (arena), Olympia Paris July 11 (club) and Amsterdam ArenA Aug. 20 (stadium). Plus there will be a separate documentary DVD featuring interviews, off-stage recordings etc.
07-26-03 03:46 PM
T&A the negative here is that we'll already have boot DVDs of the stadium (being broadcast in Europe) and HBO shows - so it'll cost us a 4disc price for the Olmpia show. boo-hiss.
07-26-03 06:07 PM
Gimme Shelter I, for one can't wait. I'll be waiting outside the store for it to open on the day that comes out. Right On!!!!
07-26-03 08:04 PM
Mr T yes - I heard that club show would be a DVD - I've been waiting for confirmation of a 3 show DVD for a long time. Man, this has been a shitty day for me, but that almost makes it all better

I can't fucking wait
07-26-03 08:24 PM
Funky Punk Woman and I like it!
07-26-03 08:36 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
T&A wrote:
the negative here is that we'll already have boot DVDs of the stadium (being broadcast in Europe) and HBO shows - so it'll cost us a 4disc price for the Olmpia show. boo-hiss.

True but didn't the HBO staff film the MSG show? It was said that they didn't know when to cut and edit as good as the RS camera touring crew. So saying that, the entire MSG was filmed w/ many HBO cameras and there's alot of live footage that didn't make the final edit on HBO. The Stones crew will look at those 'unseen shots' and hopefully add them in where needed - you know, shine a little light and let your love light shine.

On the DVD there should be alot of back stage love and extras as well.
07-26-03 08:45 PM
FM It's my birthday in November - wonder what the hell
I could possibly want ;-)

Fraser

"Get drunk and sing along to Queen
Practice my T-Rex moves and make the scene"
07-26-03 09:34 PM
Mr T I hated what they did with the cameras & screen effects for HBO. The sketchy looking images between songs would've been alright if they showed them all at the end of the show while cradits were rolling - but where they were, it was lame. Plus the tounges above & below the screen in If You Can't Rock Me got on my nerves - those things made me feel less like I was actually there - which is a damn shame seeing as how Mick gave it 200% (Keith was excellent too)

I wonder what songs won't make the cut - I mean, they've chopped songs out of all their other DVDs. Personally, If they gotta cut something I say get rid of that version of Satisfaction from the HBO show (by the end of the song, I was quite sure it was the worst version I'd ever heard) - and the fact that they've done Start Me Up in the theater & arena show (plus are sure to do it in the stadium set) - one of those could go - I have that song on enough DVD's as it is

I can't wait to see the stadium show again, I missed that stage alot in the HBO special - and when I saw them open with Brown Sugar, that was a magical fuckin moment, I could watch that a million times
07-26-03 10:07 PM
Boomy Great, grand, wonderful.
07-27-03 08:36 AM
JaggaRichards What would really work great is if they not only sold the DVD's as a box set, but also individually too!
07-27-03 11:15 AM
jwoe i would buy a 50 disc set if it had the tower dvd on it -
07-27-03 01:27 PM
Martha Well......
Dear Santa Claus...

I have been a very good girl the entire year long......

and so.............

for Christmas I would like..................

Oh HELL YES!!!!

Stones IS Stones!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright Ronnie!
07-27-03 04:44 PM
Gazza >the negative here is that we'll already have boot DVDs of the stadium (being broadcast in Europe) and HBO shows - so it'll cost us a 4disc price for the Olmpia show. boo-hiss.

yeah but thats us and we probably reflect less than 1% of the people who'll be buying this set or who its aimed at. Most people will not have seen or own BOTH shows as they were/will be broadcast exclusively in different markets. Also, bootleg DVD's are still in their relative infancy. I'd say most collectors would be more likely to just have these shows on video as opposed to DVD.

It sounds a perfectly logical and reasonable move to me,but I'd be surprised if they PRICE it a 4-disc rate. Commercially unviable for a music DVD.
07-27-03 05:27 PM
MRD8 While it'll be great to have live footage from ANY of the theater shows the downside of this project for me is that it confirms there will NOT be a new album released this year...six years and counting now since Bridges To Babylon was released...
07-27-03 08:59 PM
Flashpoint This is great news!..... a 3 dvd set and an extra dvd with backstage and stuff!, i'm surprised and this means no more live album after a world tour...more big news!..thank God
One thing i'm worried about...the Olympia dvd...after reading the review right here in the board i don't think the Stones should put that one on a dvd, half of the show (HALF!)was not good at all...with no lead guitar,etc....even more having other great club shows, of course the don't registered all but it has to be an alternative...
However i'm very happy
07-27-03 10:19 PM
mac_daddy I just hope they don't edit sh*t out...

If they have extra cameras, that's fine (and expected), but I want the DVD to have the same running time as the show - no trimming. If Ronnie sucked, show that. If Keith and Ronnie broke local ordinances by smoking in MSG (Jeez, I can't believe Bloomnerd was all fired up about that - who cares?), but show all that, too. I want complete shows, warts and all. I am happy to pay for a DVD box set, but I want 3 full concerts...

The extras disc sounds great, too...

While they are at it, how about re-releases (professionally done) of Godard's "Sympathy," "Ladies and Gentlemen," and Ashby's "Let's Spend the Night Together."
07-27-03 10:30 PM
Mr T "If they have extra cameras, that's fine (and expected), but I want the DVD to have the same running time as the show - no trimming. If Ronnie sucked, show that. If Keith and Ronnie broke local ordinances by smoking in MSG (Jeez, I can't believe Bloomnerd was all fired up about that - who cares?), but show all that, too. I want complete shows, warts and all. I am happy to pay for a DVD box set, but I want 3 full concerts..."

99% chance that's not gonna happen - but that's what bootlegs are for. I'm only concerned with the end result being good, and I don't think I have anything to worry about there
07-28-03 10:42 AM
Jumping Jack How does one get the boot DVDs in the states? I would be happy to burn copies for others?
07-28-03 02:42 PM
sandrew Flashpoint, I hope you're right about there being no live album in the works. God, please, I hope not.

It'd be nice to have a disc of nothing but the rareties performed on this tour -- even accounting for the sub-par playing that has marked many of the shows -- but that just ain't gonna happen.

I don't want another half-assed attempt to cobble together a run-of-the-mill live document, a la "No Security." Give me "Stripped," or give me nothing!
07-29-03 09:46 AM
corgi37 whoopee! This is great news. I kinda hoped the Enmore show would be on as it had ac/dc on stage, Faithfull in the audience and it was in Australia, GOd damn it. But, i am more than happy with a 4 disc dvd. About time they caught up a bit in the old motion picture department. Another thing i hope they do is tone down the audience volume. We know they are awesome live, but b2b is almost unwatchable because of the "out of control" audience reaction to absolutely everything the stones do. Shit, Keith does a open legged stance and my rear speakers blow up. Bring on November. I shouldnt get too excited though, i'll be 40 by then and should start acting mature. like hell.
07-29-03 10:33 AM
jb Why include MSG footage? We all saw that already!!!!! They really have the worst ideas when it comes to these live albums/dvd's......Although I do not like LZ, their DVD is quite good....why can't the Stones come out with one with classic concerts mixed with newer material?