ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A Celebration Of The Blues - The Hammersmith Odeon
London 28th June 1992

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: permavine: "It;s Only Goat's Head Soup..." and "Acetates" Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-08-03 05:00 PM
mac_daddy I forgot all about this...

I sent these two audio discs to Lazy Bones some time ago. Rather than keep them, he copied them, and will now send the discs I burned to the next interested Rocks Off member who agrees to do the same (copy the seed discs and send them to the next RO member who signs up)...

I cannot put my finger on the info files and artwork, but when I do, I will post all that stuff in this thread...

Lazy Bones will send this two disc (audio) set to the next RO member that signs up and promises to reoffer...

1. Lazy Bones
07-08-03 05:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Count me as the second, I have them in tape but not in CD

BTW this is the art from Cindy's website "I Love Mick Jagger"

Back http://ilovemickjagger.com/artwork2/imagepages/image97.htm

Front
http://ilovemickjagger.com/artwork2/imagepages/image99.htm

CD label http://ilovemickjagger.com/artwork2/imagepages/image98.htm

07-08-03 06:43 PM
mac_daddy Sweet VCiW, I am glad I can hook YOU up with something, what with all your efforts that make this community tick...

The artwork for Goat's Head doesn't seem to circulate, I think Chris has a good scan of the front cover on his "Revelations" page (in the Collector's section). Here is the info (I have appended the lineage to accurately describe the seed discs) for...

It's Only Goat's Head Soup (but we like it) - Outtakes & Alternatives 1973/74

silver CD > Harmon Karden Standalone > CD-R > EAC secure > MKW > SHN seek appended
SHN > WAV (fix) > FLAC (see fixnotes for more info)> WAV > CD

1. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (rough mix)
2. Ain't Too Proud To Beg (alternate mix)
3. Winter (alt. mix)
4. Silver Train (alt. mix)
5. Drift Away (unreleased song)
6. Time Waits For No One (long version)
7. Criss-Cross Man (unreleased song)
8. Through The Lonely Nights (1974 b-side only)
9. Living In The Heart Of Love (unreleased song)
10. Too Many Cooks (unreleased Mick Jagger solo-single)
11. Angie (rough mix without reverb & 2nd keyboard overdub
12. Dance Little Sister (alt. mix)
13. Till The Next Goodbye (alt. mix)
14. If You Can't Rock Me (alt. mix)
15. Fingerprint File (alt.longer mix)

Tracks 1,2,5,6,12,13,14,15 are It's Only R&R outtakes recorded
at Musicland Studios,Munich,April 1974 Track 9 in January 1974

Tracks 3,4,7,8,11 are Goat's Head Soup outtakes recorded at Dynamic Sound Stidios,Kingston,Jamaica,Nov./Dec.1972,overdubs added in London May/June 1973

Track 10 recorded at Record Plant,LA,Dec.1973,produced by John Lennon

07-08-03 06:44 PM
mac_daddy 1. Lazy Bones
2. VoodooChileInWOnderl
07-08-03 07:12 PM
Lazy Bones I've sent you an email, Gerardo, with the artwork for It's Only Goats Head Soup..But We Like it. Could you please post it here? Thanks. I'll get them off to you on Thursday.

Thanks again, Macdaddy for these! They sound great.

Btw, have you received Cleveland yet?
07-09-03 08:04 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Lazy Bones, here's the art you sent

...at this speed I will be the last in the list and will return the CDs to mac_daddy
07-09-03 10:21 AM
mac_daddy wow VCiWL - thanks for posting the artwork...

actually, the idea behind a permavine is that that it never ends - someone will sign up for it, even if it takes a while, but that way we can have a few of these titles circulating amongst our group, that are always open for the taking to everybody. How does that sound to you..?

07-09-03 10:39 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
wow VCiWL - thanks for posting the artwork...

actually, the idea behind a permavine is that that it never ends - someone will sign up for it, even if it takes a while, but that way we can have a few of these titles circulating amongst our group, that are always open for the taking to everybody. How does that sound to you..?

Well, what actually might work better is that there is a cut off date then the geography of the recipients can be evaluated to reduce travel times..ie, in this case, the vine started in the US so it could travel to all the US folks first; then say Canada or Mexico and then east to Europe or west to Australia - depending and the demand. This would eleminate US > Canada > Mexico > Europe > US > Australia > US, etc. Also this cuts down the holder of the cd(s) in constant limbo not knowing when and who to send it to next. This way, you get your 10 people (whatever), a list is circulated and you simply make your copy and send it on to the next person..last person keeps the discs. Hopefully the seed has made and sent a copy anyway so return of the discs aren't necessary.
There doesn't seem to be much demand for this one, now. But it could get heavy depending on what's being vined.

07-09-03 11:29 AM
mac_daddy well, however you all want to handle it...

The only thing I care about is that the seed discs are the ones that circulate (everybody keeps their own copies)...

I simply wanted to make some of these things available to the group. A permavine, while not fast, is certainly user-friendly; since demand seems to be low, time does not seem to be of the essence...

Thanks again, you two, for tracking down the artwork. I hope all the recipients enjoy the tunes
07-12-03 08:55 AM
mac_daddy nobody else wants these..?
07-15-03 07:52 PM
mac_daddy
1. Lazy Bones
2. VoodooChileInWOnderl
3. rocker
07-15-03 10:34 PM
JumpinJackFlash Sign me up for sure, the Canadian JumpinJackFlash. [email protected]
07-16-03 12:42 AM
acagnew
Sing me up too, please....

[email protected]
07-16-03 10:41 AM
Jumping Jack Please include me too. I will be happy tp spread the music.

[email protected]
07-16-03 11:01 AM
mac_daddy 1. Lazy Bones
2. VoodooChileInWOnderl
3. rocker
4. JumpinJackFlash
5. acagnew
6. Jumping Jack
07-16-03 02:35 PM
Lazy Bones Jesse, I'd be happy to make your copies along with Circus Krone as you're one of my leaves for that tree.

Please confirm, here, so we can can amend the vine. Thanks.
07-16-03 07:21 PM
JumpinJackFlash Conformationn on the vine brother, because we are Canadian Eh.
07-17-03 02:07 PM
doo doo doo Dude I'd like to jump on this vine too...

[email protected]
07-17-03 03:15 PM
mac_daddy to sign up, copy the list below, and include your RocksOff nickname at the bottom...

1. Lazy Bones
2. VoodooChileInWOnderl
3. rocker
4. JumpinJackFlash
5. acagnew
6. Jumping Jack
7. doo doo doo Dude
07-17-03 05:23 PM
Lazy Bones to sign up, copy the list below, and include your RocksOff nickname at the bottom...

1. Lazy Bones
2. VoodooChileInWOnderl
3. rocker
4. acagnew
5. Jumping Jack
6. doo doo doo Dude

I've amended this list as a result of arrangements with JumpinJackFlash. The last 3 have now been bumped up one slot.
07-22-03 12:55 PM
mac_daddy voodoo - did you get this yet?
07-22-03 05:35 PM
Kjell This i cool i'm in. That Criss Cross song is one of the older unrealesed i haven't heard.
1. Lazy Bones
2. VoodooChileInWOnderl
3. rocker
4. acagnew
5. Jumping Jack
6. doo doo doo Dude
7. Kjell
07-23-03 04:42 PM
rocker I see that my name is on her, but did you get my address? If you dont have it email at: [email protected]
07-25-03 04:32 AM
Zack Please count me in.

[email protected]

Zack
07-25-03 05:44 AM
partner in crime Hi guys,
me too plzzzz.

1. Lazy Bones
2. VoodooChileInWOnderl
3. rocker
4. acagnew
5. Jumping Jack
6. doo doo doo Dude
7. Kjell
8. partner in crime

[email protected]

ciao
marco
07-25-03 03:23 PM
mac_daddy Sorry PiC, but Zack posted an hour before you did, he just didn't copy the list...

1. Lazy Bones
2. VoodooChileInWOnderl
3. rocker
4. acagnew
5. Jumping Jack
6. doo doo doo Dude
7. Kjell
8. Zack
9. partner in crime
07-25-03 03:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some minutes ago I received from Lazybones the mac_daddy's "original copies" so they will be sent to rocker next Monday.
07-25-03 05:46 PM
Kjell 6. doo doo doo Dude

Kjells email:
[email protected]

talk to ya when the time comes; Zack

cheers
07-28-03 04:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Sent today via registered mail to rocker in the USA
07-28-03 09:09 PM
Gimme Is there a chance to join this vine or am I too late?
If I can join email me for my address please.

1. Lazy Bones
2. VoodooChileInWOnderl
3. rocker
4. acagnew
5. Jumping Jack
6. doo doo doo Dude
7. Kjell
8. Zack
9. partner in crime
10. Gimme

Page: 1 2