ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP Jacques Lafarge
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Video - Love In Vain, Ed Sullivan, 1969 Return to archive
28th July 2007 01:15 PM
Bruno Well, itīs Mick over playback, but he sounds great anyway.

28th July 2007 01:58 PM
fireontheplatter i like the stage set up.
so back in the day when they were young.

great one...thank you for posting that
28th July 2007 02:34 PM
Mel Belli Odd! It seems to me they should have outgrown the need for that kind of promotion at that point. To see them in their Ya-Yas getup in that setting is jarring.
28th July 2007 02:50 PM
glencar What an incredible voice he has!
28th July 2007 02:56 PM
gimmekeef Thats sound directly from the album....that whole show was lip synched and the band was not playing....Nice video though....I mean do you really think Keith played that early slide bit?.....
28th July 2007 03:05 PM
glencar I think someone above said that only Mick's singing was live. It was done over a pre-recorded track.
28th July 2007 10:04 PM
robpop True classic song.

Anybody have a boot or hear the Isle of Wight version from this year. If so, how was it?
28th July 2007 11:46 PM
Bruno
quote:
robpop wrote:
True classic song.

Anybody have a boot or hear the Isle of Wight version from this year. If so, how was it?

Here you all go. Stones with Amy Winehouse and Love In Vain that Hanson guy. I must say Amy seems a bit uncomfortable and lost in the lyrics... she and Mick donīt fit. And itīs me or the Hanson guy doesnīt know the lyrics to LIV either?

The Stones bit starts in the middle of the video:

28th July 2007 11:49 PM
Bruno Fuck, if youīre going to sing onstage with any band, at least learn the fuckinh lyrics!
29th July 2007 08:04 AM
Mel Belli Worst. Duets. Ever.

Stounes sounded good, though.
29th July 2007 08:51 AM
glencar
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Worst. Duets. Ever.

Stounes sounded good, though.

Wow. Stunning how bad Paolo Neutrino was but even more amazing was how totally empty Amy Winehouse was. Chewing gum is cool in detention but try to keep up with the band, honey!
[Edited by glencar]
29th July 2007 12:28 PM
CraigP Mick WAS singing live, just over pre-recoded music from portions of the origional studio cut like someone may have mentioned prior to myself.
29th July 2007 07:45 PM
playguitar
I doubt if that was Mick Taylor playing slide. He is a slide master, and that recording was very basic. If you know what I mean.
And, WOW !! Amy Winehouse really sucks.. That "Rehab" song is a direct ripoff of an old blues lady's style. A girl called Tami Lynn.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)