ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP Jacques Lafarge
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Biggest Bang DVD Return to archive
27th July 2007 03:23 PM
twicks1 I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about this. Sure the performances are rough in spots, but there are so many highlights.

Anyone who questions why the Stones want to keep on playing shows needs to watch the footage from Buenos Aires. Total mob scene everywhere the Stones go. Must be such an incredible rush (if difficult to sleep when crowds are doing soccer chants outside your hotel at 3 a.m.).
27th July 2007 03:32 PM
gimmekeef You know its good..cause the pissers and moaners here have nothin to say....Wait till the Scorcese show!
27th July 2007 03:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
twicks1 wrote:

Anyone who questions why the Stones want to keep on playing shows needs to watch the footage from Buenos Aires.

True, but tell that to the Stones. They spent only a few days in South America this tour, playing 3 shows (Rio plus the two in Buenos Aires, where the demand for tickets was enough to have sold out multiple nights), and didnt play there at all on the Licks tour. South America gets a bit of a disproportionate representation on the DVD when you realise that the Stones barely spent any time there and couldnt wait to get back to more financially lucrative markets.

For all the talk about how much they love the audiences down there, its obviously only a big deal when it comes to the visual attraction of filming large and wild crowds.

It IS bizarre to watch all that passion from fans for a band in their 60's, though isnt it.... its like 1965 all over again at times.
[Edited by Gazza]
27th July 2007 03:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
You know its good..cause the pissers and moaners here have nothin to say....Wait till the Scorcese show!

Think thats more to do with the fact that one part of the world got the DVD several weeks ago (and commented on it at the time) and it hasnt been released anywhere else yet.
27th July 2007 03:41 PM
mrhipfl Yeah, it was discussed quite a bit last month. The best performance is on the Rio DVD imo. Keith rips apart the solos for IORR and YGMR. Too bad sympathy wasn't included.
[Edited by mrhipfl]
27th July 2007 03:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

True, but tell that to the Stones. They spent only a few days in South America this tour, playing 3 shows (Rio plus the two in Buenos Aires, where the demand for tickets was enough to have sold out multiple nights), and didnt play there at all on the Licks tour. South America gets a bit of a disproportionate representation on the DVD when you realise that the Stones barely spent any time there and couldnt wait to get back to more financially lucrative markets.

For all the talk about how much they love the audiences down there, its obviously only a big deal when it comes to the visual attraction of filming large and wild crowds.

It IS bizarre to watch all that passion from fans for a band in their 60's, though isnt it.... its like 1965 all over again at times.
[Edited by Gazza]

I tend to agree here, but in the end, the cost of schleping the stage down there and the volitale economy cuts into their bottom line.
[Edited by voodoopug]
27th July 2007 03:56 PM
Bruno
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
The best performance is on the Rio DVD imo. Keith rips apart the solos for IORR and YGMR. Too bad sympathy wasn't included.
[Edited by mrhipfl]

Itīs not? Let me tell you: thatīs good! His solo - the whole performance - on that particular one was kinda weak... but Keith was really playing like the devil in the beginning of the show.

Iīd like to get some discussion about Gimme Shelter in the DVD. I remember somebody here saying it was "a mess" and "bland".
27th July 2007 04:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Bruno wrote:

Itīs not? Let me tell you: thatīs good! His solo - the whole performance - on that particular one was kinda weak... but Keith was really playing like the devil in the beginning of the show.

Iīd like to get some discussion about Gimme Shelter in the DVD. I remember somebody here saying it was "a mess" and "bland".

heavily overdubbed and far too much weaving in a track that plays best with a rhythm track.
27th July 2007 04:28 PM
Bruno
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

heavily overdubbed and far too much weaving in a track that plays best with a rhythm track.

Oh no... I can imagine Blondieīs acoustic driving the song... fuck!
27th July 2007 05:21 PM
Some Guy I'm still trying to catch my breath. Best DVD ever.
27th July 2007 06:11 PM
fireontheplatter i said this once before and i say it again. my only beef [pretty much] is that there are no interviews with the horn players or the back up singers.

i listen mostly to the 2 full length concert dvds.
27th July 2007 06:14 PM
Jumacfly Not available here in Cheese and Wine Land.
that sucks, Austin seems a good show and I want to have my own opinion about the supposed overdubs.
If people are angry about overdubs, I think they should throw their copy of "Yaya's" by the window or shut the fuck up

ps: I m also very excited by the duet with Ci Juan which seems to be the most incredible Stones experience since Matt Clifford
27th July 2007 07:01 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Bruno wrote:

That was me after the first listen. It's actually not that bad. It's just that neither Woody nor Keith play much rhythm. They both play lead all the way through, so the licks often clash with each other and sometimes there are no guitars at all.
27th July 2007 07:14 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

ps: I m also very excited by the duet with Ci Juan which seems to be the most incredible Stones experience since Mat Clifford

ahhhh rolling stone numa 1
28th July 2007 06:51 AM
corgi37 I'm totally pissed off and flabergasted it aint released here yet. Fucking dogs!
28th July 2007 07:18 AM
axl79 I'm still waiting for it here. It should be release today in fact.
You can already download the whole set at certain torrent trackers.
28th July 2007 07:57 AM
Gaby
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Not available here in Cheese and Wine Land.

It's released on Monday, isn't it? I thought so. I HOPE so. I can't wait to see it.
29th July 2007 07:10 AM
corgi37 found it get released here in Oz on July 30.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)