ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP Jacques Lafarge
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brown Sugar intro Brno 2007 Return to archive
26th July 2007 05:27 AM
nasalwizard This is classic Keef....I am actually now enjoying Keith's mistakes but holy shit this is bad . The worst brown sugar intro was at the Amsterdam arena in 2003 probably the worst start to a stones concert ever and Keith never really recovered and made several other major screws ups that night !!
27th July 2007 05:16 AM
mrhipfl Yeah, BUT I made a recent discovery. Y'all remember how many people were giving Keith shit for the messed up "happy" intro? Well if you listen closely, it's actually Charlie that messes up. He comes in with the beat 1 bar too early. Observe:

Listen to the drums on a good intro:

and now Nijmegen:
27th July 2007 12:31 PM
Bruno Itīs true, Charlie did it!

Anyway, Happy should not be played anymore. The performances now are very tired, IMO.
27th July 2007 01:23 PM
Mel Belli I don't know. Sounds to me like Charlie got lost because Keith got lost first. Either way, it shouldn't have taken that long for Keith to recover. It was as though, as someone inside the Stones' camp told me, only half-jokingly, Keith was on a tranquilizer.
27th July 2007 02:05 PM
oldkr yeah charlie came in too soon! its OK they held it together!

OLDKR
29th July 2007 04:07 PM
padre
quote:
nasalwizard wrote:
This is classic Keef....I am actually now enjoying Keith's mistakes but holy shit this is bad .

Where can one hear this intro?
29th July 2007 04:19 PM
Erik_Snow It's Keith and not Charlie who's to blame.
Keith kept one of the chords going for too long - so when Charlie came in - at what-would-have-been-the-right-time, Keith hadn't finished the intro
edit: no they're both to blame - just listen to the first "correct" chords - turn down the volume, and tap the beat with your foot....turn it up again - and nothing makes sense
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
29th July 2007 04:25 PM
Dan
quote:
nasalwizard wrote:
This is classic Keef....I am actually now enjoying Keith's mistakes but holy shit this is bad . The worst brown sugar intro was at the Amsterdam arena in 2003 probably the worst start to a stones concert ever and Keith never really recovered and made several other major screws ups that night !!

And to think Brno is supposed to be one of the better shows this tour.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)