ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP Jacques Lafarge
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dr S's "Rocks Off Power Rankings" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
26th July 2007 06:46 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

dude...i am telling you...every time i sit down to write a lyric it comes out looking worse than one of joey's posts...

i get tunes/good chord progressions in my head all the time, but the words i put to them would make your grandmother cringe. every now and again i come up with a decent line.

still working on little sister...and i have about three more that could use words...or at the very least, a subject.

Hate to tell you Bucky..but Little Sister has been written and performed by at least three different performers that I can think of..

Come on....a little more originality, please

26th July 2007 08:03 PM
glencar
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

are you suggesting that this month's power rankings are anything other than on the level?

fair and balanced. just like fox news!

(watch what you say or you will wind up in the bottom 10!)

Fair & balanced, my ass! You're like Olbermann but somewhat funnier!
26th July 2007 08:58 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Fair & balanced, my ass! You're like Olbermann but somewhat funnier!

and much better looking.

meg....more originality? i am nothing but originial. here....take a gander at a new song i've been working on....
26th July 2007 09:35 PM
PartyDoll MEG I thought this was your version

and I found this of you and Feej....

26th July 2007 11:08 PM
Starbuck those bastards stole my song!
26th July 2007 11:11 PM
Fiji Joe Hmmmf...the version of Wagon Wheel that Starbuck and I performed, just minutes after my arrival, was one of legend...We deliberately chose not to record it...the world is simply not ready
26th July 2007 11:24 PM
Starbuck actually, i recorded it while you sang...
26th July 2007 11:27 PM
Starbuck meanwhile, meg found a guitar at AC with LJ....
26th July 2007 11:30 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
actually, i recorded it while you sang...

WTF?...I gotta get out the digi-cam and smoke these fools?
26th July 2007 11:32 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
meanwhile, meg found a guitar at AC with LJ....

Ghey...No...I mean really...ghey
26th July 2007 11:41 PM
Fiji Joe I can't see any of them posers pulling off anything like this...Half drank Bud Lights and an unfinished basement...it's magic...it's Dead Flowers...fallout from the Starbuck/Fiji music summit

http://www.box.net/shared/iilekbpibc

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
26th July 2007 11:58 PM
Riffhard Bravo!! Once again Feej your vocals amaze as per normal! Brilliant delivery,and Bucky that was some mighty fine pickin'! Is it just me or did that guitar part sound a bit reminisant of Van Morrison ala Astral Weeks period? It does to me anyway. Great stuff gents!

Riffy
27th July 2007 12:28 AM
Starbuck shit...feej, wasn't that to remain unreleased? no mando, no lead, no hand farts....like we talked about...
27th July 2007 12:31 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
shit...feej, wasn't that to remain unreleased? no mando, no lead, no hand farts....like we talked about...

You didn't get the memo?...We're done being a cover band...done...so out with the old...only thing left is your cover of Hall & Oates Maneater...then we can begin anew
27th July 2007 12:46 AM
MikeyC613
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
It's been a hell of a month here at RO! Dr S takes a closer look in July's "Rocks Off Power Rankings".....

BOTTOM 10:

96 (52) Mikey C613. REM fan comes out of the closet. Is there anything else you’d like to tell us?

Sway is one funny motherfucker, he should be in the top 5 for his Emotional Rescue missionary work alone.
27th July 2007 02:28 AM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

are you suggesting that this month's power rankings are anything other than on the level?

fair and balanced. just like fox news!

(watch what you say or you will wind up in the bottom 10!)

I saw Bill O' Reilly strangle a little girls kitten in front of her b/c she said her pussy has a right to chews. She meant to just say chew, but she had a lisp.
it was weird and cool...
27th July 2007 08:53 AM
Starbuck forumspile.com had a good response to that, but they've taken it away from me!

bastards!
27th July 2007 09:10 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:

Sway is one funny motherfucker, he should be in the top 5 for his Emotional Rescue missionary work alone.

with Some Guy and I the ER lovers are 3...
27th July 2007 09:49 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Babe ?!

The ' classics ' this evening ?!

Please ..... I's justs got's to's knows .

" The Whole World is WAITING Ronnie ! "

Baby Jo Jo Bean !

27th July 2007 09:51 AM
corgi37 Typical fucking Yanks. Leaving Aussies out of it.

Well, lemme tell ya. When China is the boss, this boy will proudly wear the green uniform.

Fucking Yanks.
27th July 2007 09:55 AM
voodoopug
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Typical fucking Yanks. Leaving Aussies out of it.

Well, lemme tell ya. When China is the boss, this boy will proudly wear the green uniform.

Fucking Yanks.

Please note that jb, joey, and myself, still refer to you as "The King"
27th July 2007 11:40 AM
Starbuck
quote:

Fucking Yanks.

jesus corgi...i couldn't include everyone! you, however, were toward the bottom unfortunately...

72 (56) Corgi. Naked guitar avatar leaves RO braintrust wondering if a dingo stole his trousers. Anybody Seen My Levi's?
27th July 2007 09:10 PM
glencar There goes another member of the Coalition of the Willing...
28th July 2007 01:56 AM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
forumspile.com had a good response to that, but they've taken it away from me!

bastards!

I did think twice, but I was so close to gold, I realized it was copper, but said fuck IT!
28th July 2007 04:26 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Fucking Yanks.

When?....wake up and smell the green tea....its all over now...Maybe The Great Wall of Mexico may save us from a southern Chinese invasion though...
28th July 2007 04:52 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I love ER

I am off to see the Police in an hour at Fenway Park.
[Edited by lotsajizz]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)