ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP Jacques Lafarge
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: who has seen the most shows? Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th July 2007 05:47 PM
Starbuck in perusing gazza's anniversary posts, i was impressed at his credentials....44 shows...until roostah upped him at 58. anyone seen more, or is littleredrooster the king of the chicken coop?

also, for those on the way to triple digits, when was your first show? that way we can know who has seen the most shows in the least amount of time.

(keep in mind egon...we're talking stones shows, not burlesque shows...)

also, who holds the record for dylan shows? that would be an interesting stat as well.

fess up you bastards!
25th July 2007 05:49 PM
Joey

I last saw the band at the QWEST CENTER :

01/29/06

www.QWESTCENTER.com

25th July 2007 05:56 PM
fireontheplatter i recon i have seen inbetween 15-25 shows during my 45 years.
25th July 2007 05:56 PM
mojoman keith
25th July 2007 06:04 PM
Dan Probably the Onos or someone else who doesn't even post here. I have seen them 30 times but know people who do about that many shows a tour.
25th July 2007 06:08 PM
Gazza I'm happy enough with that total (it'll be 47 by the end of this summer) considering only 4 will have been in Ireland and I've always had to catch a plane (sometimes two) and/or boat to see them.

The Slane show in 1982 was the only Stones show I've seen where I was able to go home afterwards and sleep in my own bed. The show at the same venue next month will be the second one.

Re: Dylan..I've seen him 32 times since 1984. I think Martha may have equalled or passed that tally last week, in a pretty short space of time.

However, Paddy, who occasionally posts here and who lives in London has seen Bob around 120 times.
[Edited by Gazza]
25th July 2007 06:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The Slane show in 1982 was the only Stones show I've seen where I was able to go home afterwards and sleep in my own bed. The show at the same venue next month will be the second one.

You stud! So you're saying you slept with 45 chicks

not bad! those are Wyman-esque numbers around here
25th July 2007 06:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

You stud! So you're saying you slept with 45 chicks

not bad! those are Wyman-esque numbers around here

LOL..not 'quite' what I meant.

I know quite a few people who have seen in excess of 100 shows. Some of them post here. It helps if you live somewhere like the east coast in the US, south of England, Holland/Germany etc.
25th July 2007 07:25 PM
lotsajizz 21 times first was Hartford in 11-81 and the last was Soldier Field 10/06, the Stones are probably the act I've seen the third most -- I saw exactly 100 Dead shows between 4-15-82 and 6-19-95 and I've seen Dylan some 30-35 times between 1987 and last month.
25th July 2007 08:02 PM
Thru and Thru
As of now I've been to either 51 or 52 shows, I lost track a little bit. :o It's been killing me to miss all the European shows so far, London can't come soon enough!
26th July 2007 12:20 AM
glencar I've seen about a thousand or so...
26th July 2007 04:31 PM
Blanca You guys amaze me! I wish I was born earlier so I could have gone to more shows! I've only seen them live once, and it was in Madrid last month. I also had tickets for Valladolid but you know what happened...
Anyway, it's more than I ever hoped for
26th July 2007 04:36 PM
Joey " I've seen about a thousand or so... "

26th July 2007 04:42 PM
glencar Well, I had to avoid Nebraska but Lord! it can be done!
26th July 2007 04:46 PM
Joey " Well, I had to avoid Nebraska but Lord!
it can be done! "

Somewhere in Nebraska .... a clown cries :

|
|
V

26th July 2007 04:47 PM
glencar Wipe yer tears, Krusty!
26th July 2007 04:49 PM
Joey " Wipe yer ..... Krusty! "

Christ, that's posting on loan from God right there.
That's miracle on ice postin'!

26th July 2007 05:54 PM
Quiquestone I know it's not too much....but it's something: I saw the Rolling Stones the 10 times they have played in Buenos Aires at River Plate Stadium (5 in 1995, 5 in 1998 and 2 in 2006).
And unlike Gazza I slept home those nights. LOL.
26th July 2007 06:41 PM
_Boomy_ That avatar of Keith from "Wicked As It Seems" is the coolest thing I have ever seen.
26th July 2007 10:32 PM
TomL 42 sleeping home only four nights, but hopefully more to come. But I have seen 156 pee pee's.

How are you Thru and Thru?
[Edited by TomL]
26th July 2007 11:51 PM
oldkr i've seen them 40 something times since the beginning of licks (my childhood shows dont count- i cant remember them!)

Stonesdoug is in the 140 range - there are a couple of ffolks around who have followed the whole tours working as merchandisers - they are in the 300 range.

OLDKR
27th July 2007 10:27 AM
Joey " ..But I have seen 156 pee pee's. "

27th July 2007 10:41 AM
Jumacfly 6 shows for me..But I was born in 77 so...
27th July 2007 10:44 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
6 shows for me..But I was born in 77 so...

Weeding ............. ?!

27th July 2007 10:45 AM
voodoopug I was born in 77 and have about 40-45 shows so far, but I do have the benefit of living near Chicago where each tour gets a tremendous amount of shows when compared to places such as Omaha

www.questcenter.com

27th July 2007 10:47 AM
gimmekeef Close to 40 since 72 tour.....Funny thing is I saw the Dead more...and lived to tell....
27th July 2007 03:13 PM
Martha
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
in perusing gazza's anniversary posts, i was impressed at his credentials....44 shows...until roostah upped him at 58. anyone seen more, or is littleredrooster the king of the chicken coop?

also, for those on the way to triple digits, when was your first show? that way we can know who has seen the most shows in the least amount of time.

(keep in mind egon...we're talking stones shows, not burlesque shows...)

also, who holds the record for dylan shows? that would be an interesting stat as well.

fess up you bastards!

Roostah is the MAN!!!

I am up to 34 Dylan shows at the present moment. I plan to see more this year as it's the way I wish to celebrate my 50th year on this planet.

I wish I could say I've seen the Stones that much, but alas I have not. I've got to count them up and get back to you.

Nice thread!

xxoo,
Martha
27th July 2007 03:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I was born in 77 and have about 40-45 shows so far, but I do have the benefit of living near Chicago where each tour gets a tremendous amount of shows when compared to places such as Omaha

www.questcenter.com

I just counted them out, it is actually 37 stones shows will all but one of them being from 1989-Present. The next closest band for me is Pearl Jam which I have seen 9 times. (and it will be ten next week as I have a ticket to a private concert of theirs at Chicago's Vic Theater)
27th July 2007 04:27 PM
robpop
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I was born in 77 and have about 40-45 shows so far, but I do have the benefit of living near Chicago where each tour gets a tremendous amount of shows when compared to places such as Omaha

www.questcenter.com

I have not seen that many shows, but I live in Pittsburgh, and I been to four Super Bowls appearences for my team.

Seriously Pug, Its coming up on NFL fantasy draft time, any sleepers in Chicago, I shoould know about?

No need to mention Rex Grossman. Ok.
27th July 2007 04:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I just counted them out, it is actually 37 stones shows will all but one of them being from 1989-Present. The next closest band for me is Pearl Jam which I have seen 9 times. (and it will be ten next week as I have a ticket to a private concert of theirs at Chicago's Vic Theater)

apart from Chicago area shows, where else have you seen the Stones?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)