ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP Jacques Lafarge
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BVV Outdoor Exhibition Centre, Brno, Czech Republic 22nd July 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
23rd July 2007 03:02 AM
montana these are from CTK agency:

and TV report: http://www.nova.cz/Nova/videoarchive/playlist.wvx?111001

[Edited by montana]
23rd July 2007 05:29 AM
Stray Cat UK GOOD SET LIST. I don't like the warhorse b stage,but these are new crowds,so it's understandable.

Over 2 hours and 19 songs again !

Keith looks better with every show.
Thanks for the updates Gazza and all.

sc uk
23rd July 2007 05:39 AM
Moonisup Best show since 1972!!
23rd July 2007 07:00 AM
Jeep

23rd July 2007 07:11 AM
silkcut1978
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Best show since 1972!!

Brother ! ;-)
23rd July 2007 07:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
beleglin wrote:
Any news from that guy that sent his review of the Hungary concert by email. He said he was coming to Brno as well, was curious if this show did anything for him...

Chris e-mailed me last night and said he thought the show was excellent and much better than Budapest. Hopefully he'll post it here or else I'll copy and paste his review later when I get home and can access my e-mail.
23rd July 2007 07:42 AM
GotToRollMe Some gorgeous pics there. Jeep and Montana. I grabbed these from IORR last night - don't know who to credit them to, so I hope they don't mind.

23rd July 2007 08:09 AM
Jeep Photos MF DNES / David Neff

23rd July 2007 08:23 AM
KeithRichards It's funny getting bashed for a different view, but perhaps I can get more clear when I write down the whole story from my point of view.

The crowd was a sedated group of a middle-aged people with the occasional young face. A big difference to the crowds in Belgrade, Bucharest and Budapest. Yes, the weather was cool and so were the fans. I'm happy and relieved that not everyone was bothered by that. Perhaps some actually enjoy being in a surrounding that reminds me more of a group of people watching the Stones on TV? I guess you were not bothered by anyone jumping around or singing along the lyrics, I assume that this is some how some people prefer to watch a concert.

I started the concert of from the first row on the tribune to the right, but moved to the FOS area with my girfriend and brother after SMU. There was a couple of young children with their great-great parents sitting behind us and I didn't want them to have an unpleasant evening because some tall guys were standing and jumping in front of them. I was surprised by how early the Stones started - the reason was of course that they didn't stay in Brno, but arrived by plane before the show and left to Warsaw right after. By the time the Stones came on stage the people were just standing/sitting around, no one really started cheering or clapping, people were just waiting. When the lights went off and the intro started on the screen I saw some smiles around, people were clapping, but nothing compared to my previous experiences.

Pls don't serve random crowd shots of the first rows, no matter how lame the crowd, the sheer excitement of being so close to the Stones is so overwhelming that even a the Brno crowd could not resist cheering.

Security was incredibly careless - we weren't even asked for tickets when we entered the venue, no one bothered to even check a bag or anything. Also no one cared that we jumped the barriers to the FOS area after SMU It was not very crowded, plenty of space between people that were moving around, chatting (which was comparably easy as neither the crowd nor the Stones were very loud) and looking for better spots throughout the show. We found a spot not too far away from the front (FOS was perhaps half size from normal) and tried to enjoy the show from there. Looking around us, while we were dancing and singing, we only saw slightly bored looking people, typing sms on their phones or chatting a bit. Politely clapping at the end and looking amused at Mick's attempts to speak Czech. As much as I loved to see the joy in the eyes of the fans in my previous shows, it hurt me to see the bored expression on faces of the crowd in Brno.

I spoke to many people after the show, we had to wait for our train back to Vienna at 4:22 in the morning, and the ragged train station was occupied by 2 homeless and around 50+ Stones fans. Everyone was just shocked how the crowd could be so lame and for many first timers (including another brother's girlfriend) their impression of the Stones was not very good. And I'm so sorry about that, I was the one telling her how everyone is singing along and dancing, etc... People also mentioned things like "Funny how it seems that Keith is often not playing the guitar". Unfortunately, that is not only how it seems to be, it is the truth.

And having the comparison of how Mick interacted with the crowd on previous shows everyone will agree that he shifted down a gear or two in Brno.

To continue where I stopped before - the songs after Start Me Up were good, if perhaps a bit shaky, but nothing to worry about winking smiley ONNYA again, if not my favourite song live, was great to hear instead of Rough Justice (sorry, was so surprised, I texted Gazza they played RJ), Ronnie was turned up quite a lot, which was great for the song. Love Is Strong was THE surprise, with a fantastic performance on harp from Mick and great guitar work from Ronnie and partly Keith. I'm not going to post a song-by-song review now, as you can listen to the bootleg (many thanks silkcut - that was mighty fast!). In my opinion it was not a special gig, Keith does play less and less - mostly you see him moving his left hand up and down the fret, undecided what he should play and finally emerging out of his confused state with a lick. No, I'm not bashing Keith - but if this is what you call playing great, than I have to disagree. I believe we all have different levels of what we call great guitar playing, but Keith has crossed a line for me on this tour.

Last but not least: was great meeting up with Kent, Sohoe, Baboon Bro & kids before the show! I hope it was enjoyable for you!
[Edited by KeithRichards]
23rd July 2007 08:33 AM
Gazza Thanks for the review and pix, guys

(a train at 4.20 am? Yikes...)
23rd July 2007 08:39 AM
KeithRichards Yeah, 4:22 was late, lol. Arrived at my flat by 8am...

I am sorry that I can't write a more positive review of that show. I tried my best to enjoy it and you know I'm not someone who enjoys writing negative things about the Stones. Yeah, I really feel like defending myself, but I'm really just writing how I perceived it.
23rd July 2007 11:40 AM
Mr Jurkka Nice set-list.. wow keith and ron are on fire ! Just better 1 show to go till they arrive in Hell-sinki!
[Edited by Mr Jurkka]
23rd July 2007 12:47 PM
Bitch
Love IS Strong, the song of the evening!

Nice Review KR, it's OK to write an accurate portrayal of the RS gig even if it wasnt thier finest performance. I think they must be getting tired due to the excessive traveling and performing 3 times in a week. Its harder than it looks, lol!

Great pics, RONNIE's jacket is absolutely beautiful!
23rd July 2007 01:30 PM
Gazza Review by Chris Tresper, Vienna (by e-mail)

It seems like the Stones do in fact read reviews. After the overall bad response they got after the Budapest show tonight's show in Brno was probably one of the best I have ever seen. Musically AND setlist wise.

They really did mix it up today. First off we got Let's Spend The Night Together, then Oh No Not You Again, then All Down The Line and THEN the big surprise Love Is Strong. Every single song tonight was played in an awesome way and really rocked hard. Mick was ever so good, as well as Ronnie who kicked ass tonight AND Keith was back in shape. Charlie cool, calm and collected as always...

A killer version of Midnight Rambler which sounded like back in 69 was what really was the highlight of tonight. There were of course a few minor flaws during the show (I mean come on, it's the Rolling Stones...) but such a good show is definitely NOT ruined by a few mistakes.

Tonight in Brno I even sang along all the big hits like somebody who saw them for the first time, which showed myself that I was really enjoying the show a lot.

Thank you boys for once again proving why you are the Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band In The World.

23rd July 2007 02:49 PM
mrhipfl These pictures are excellent!!
23rd July 2007 03:18 PM
Thru and Thru Thanks for the GREAT pictures! I love Keith's jacket, so glad to see it back since he wore it quite a bit during the US leg of the tour.
23rd July 2007 06:21 PM
fireontheplatter jeep always posts the best pictures...i think
23rd July 2007 08:03 PM
LastChild those are some bitchin pics of the boys. i hope the show was as good as the photos taken =)
23rd July 2007 09:33 PM
tumbled I can tell this was a fine show just from the faces of the band...the magic is still there..
24th July 2007 02:18 PM
bootcover Few from Getty Images

24th July 2007 02:23 PM
bootcover
29th July 2007 08:44 AM
GotToRollMe Don't think this one's been posted yet:

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)