ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP Jacques Lafarge
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'neighbours' versus 'lies' Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th July 2007 10:36 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

omg. I have been humiliated. lol. obviously I don't listen to that record too much.

still prefer neighbors.
[Edited by mrhipfl]

LOL no offense mate
track 3 on Rescue
20th July 2007 12:57 PM
gustavobala Lies!
20th July 2007 01:42 PM
akula Updated Tally:

Neighbours - 14
Lies - 6
21st July 2007 02:38 AM
gotdablouse Neigbors ! The drums at in the intro are dashit ! Best drumming by Charlie with Rough Justice.
21st July 2007 05:37 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I do prefer the reggae version of Neighbors called "send it to me".
Lies is the only song I skip on Some Girls.

hmm, that's interesting about Send It To Me, never heard the connection, i'll re-listen, ER is cool record, very summery. as for the vote, i'll cast mine for Neighbors, a racuous good time rocker, Lies always seemed too forced.
22nd July 2007 06:06 AM
Potted Shrimp Lies is hardcore
22nd July 2007 12:27 PM
Throwaway
quote:
aladdinstory wrote:

hmm, that's interesting about Send It To Me, never heard the connection, i'll re-listen, ER is cool record, very summery. as for the vote, i'll cast mine for Neighbors, a racuous good time rocker, Lies always seemed too forced.

Same E B A chord prog, and listen to the melody: neighbors, have i got neighbors/have i got neighbors, all day and all night = Sending a letter, to my mother/i need some loving.
send it to me
22nd July 2007 06:43 PM
72Tele Bundy or Gacy?
23rd July 2007 02:31 PM
akula

warning: it's a bit gory at the end
23rd July 2007 02:37 PM
Joey
quote:
akula wrote:
Which song do you prefer the most out of these two?

Neighbours from Tattoo You, or Lies from Some Girls?

Lies is a friggin classic .

Please read what others have said :

“A masterpiece of recording . It’s an elegantly written and enthralling work of art.”
—Theodore H. White

“The most absorbing, detailed, instructive, provocative tune ever recorded about the making and raping of modern New York City . A monumental work of the first magnitude.”
—Eliot Fremont-Smith, New York

“One of the most exciting, un-put-downable tracks I have ever listened to ..... This is definitive recording , urban history, and investigative writing . This is a study of the corruption which power exerts on those who wield it to set beside Tacitus and his emperors, Shakespeare and his kings.”
—Daniel Berger, Baltimore Evening Sun

J. " Snuggles " Fly !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
23rd July 2007 02:44 PM
robpop
quote:
Potted Shrimp wrote:
Lies is hardcore

Shrimp your signature sequence rules.
28th July 2007 11:07 PM
duck send it to me is better than both
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)