ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Olympiastadion - Munich June 11, 1982
Denis O'Regan
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: blood red wine Return to archive
07-28-02 06:45 PM
sly This in my opinion is one of the best Stones unreleased gems. Can anyone tell me what album this is an outtake from and if their was ever an explanation why it wasn't released. Thanks
07-28-02 07:28 PM
Gazza This in my opinion is one of the best Stones unreleased gems. Can anyone tell me what album this is an outtake from

"Beggars Banquet" - it was recorded at Olympic Studios in May 1968

> and if their was ever an explanation why it wasn't released.

I'd imagine simply because they figured there were many more songs recorded during those 1968 sessions that were superior....they cut a lot of great stuff that year,some of which were still turning up on future albums such as "let it bleed" and "Sticky fingers". I guess they didnt think too much of this particular cut. Its not a bad track, but considering the quality of the songs they WERE releasing at the time,IMO they made the right decision.
07-28-02 07:39 PM
tumblingdice What boot is this one on? I don't remember hearing it but sometimes you get some and never get the time to give it all a listen.
07-28-02 09:18 PM
complicated I think it is on "Trident Mixes".
07-28-02 10:18 PM
Nasty Habits I always figured it didn't come out because they didn't think they were done with it. It sounds so gorgeous to me - I love it and "Stuck Out On My Own" or "Give Me A Hamburger" or whatever it is - those no tempo Stones ballads (Zip Mouth Angel!) are really tops. Is it me or do parts of "Blood Red Wine" get recycled into "Winter" about four years later? All that business about wrapping my coat around must have really stuck as an image in Jagger's head.
07-28-02 11:59 PM
sly
quote:
tumblingdice wrote:
What boot is this one on? I don't remember hearing it but sometimes you get some and never get the time to give it all a listen.

The version I have is off of "acoustic motherfuckers"
07-29-02 12:37 AM
sirmoonie They never finished it either. Check out last verse, "Does it all have to rhyme....." Interesting view of Mick just working out a song.

Song kind of gets choppy after a few listens. Seems like they didn't know where they wanted it to go. Long operatic ballad like Moonlight Mile or something short, sweet and bouncy like You Got The Silver. Just IMO.

That "wrap my coat round you" reference ressurected itself on Winter. Again, just IMO.

Mongo.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road