ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Olympiastadion - Munich June 11, 1982
Denis O'Regan
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Scrapping Gadgets Return to archive
07-24-02 06:39 PM
winter I was just on the Stonesdoug Board, and I read the Stones have scrapped the use of cherry pickers and other gadgets to bring the band closer to the fans, because they are too expensive(??????). While I don't think the cherry pickers and such are necessary, I hope the Stadium stage is their best to date (personally, I liked Voodoo Lounge better than B2B, other than the b-stage).

Since they're concerned about going over budget, any chance Mick will run around the audience in lieu of the cherry picker (a la let me go '81). I doubt it at this juncture, but it would be a hoot.

40 days and counting,

Winter
07-25-02 09:49 AM
nankerphelge That's too bad -- the idea of a new stage design would have separated this tour from B2B and NS in that regard -- going back to the B stage, while still good, does not dispel that "same old show" stigma.

07-25-02 09:58 AM
Joey I don't know about all of that , but one thing is for certain -- Mick Taylor had better join the boys on stage or else I will be keeping my distance from this tour .

Other than that , I have have but this to offer each and every single one of you for your entertainment pleasure :

Ready ?????? STEADY ?????? GO .............

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joey !!!
|
|
|
|
|
V

Snaggle Joe

07-25-02 03:41 PM
jb I don't think anything beats the Cherry picker in 81..if you were on the field , it came over you like a giant bird with Mick sticking his foot out ...very cool.
07-25-02 03:49 PM
Maxlugar Uh, Josh, there was a little gadget called The Lotus Stage.

THAT my friend was the best gadget!

I don't mean to sound confrontational about it actually...

I'm sorry.

That's just my opinion. Not fact at all.

"When love pulls into the station, Hate catches the next train out of town" - Maxlugar 7/25/02.

Bye Josh.
07-25-02 03:54 PM
jb No doubt, the lotus was great....but that was for indoor shows....I was referring to outdoor shows...I guess the Bridge was pretty good also...but the Cherry Picker kind of epitomized the 81 tour for me...
07-25-02 11:33 PM
Fiji Joe They should borrow a page from Letterman's book...Nothing brings you closer to the audience than "Monkey Cam"...Hey, if Mick Taylor needs work, there you go...Strap an 8mm beta cam to Taylor's head, wind him up, and let em go!..."Monkey Man Cam"...has a nice ring to it, does it not?
07-26-02 09:20 PM
Ed Grimley You joke, but I think there might be something to this monkey man cam.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road