ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Olympiastadion - Munich June 11, 1982
Denis O'Regan
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ideas for a 40th Anniversary "Rocks Off Video Tree" Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-27-02 02:55 PM
padre Does anyone have quality copys of programs called
-Good Night America (All Down The Line and Honky Tonk Women from Baton Rouge -75) and
-Stones On The Road (Street Fighting Man, HTW, Starfucker, Midnight Rambler, Brown Sugar, IORR, JJF from Glasgow and Leicester -76)?
They seem to have great stuff and some jamming backstage. Just saw a few glimpses from those in a German documentary Die Ersten 20 Jahre (from -82). Looked fabulous. Never seen the whole TV shows. Couple of tracks from those would be a treat on that VCD...
07-27-02 08:03 PM
Gazza >I'll make a few contributions to tree if you like...I have a pretty good copy of the Checkerboard show...have to see if its the 88 minute version or not...I also have an exccellent copy of the Ed Sullivan shows...a lot of their video's...I'm one of the people who set up the deal with the member of their crew for the Double Door proshot and Chicago '97 rehearsals tapes...my copy is off of his master...have super quality video's from Toronto '89 that has Play With Fire and One Hit(To The Body) and Dead Flowers on it...and Bremen '98 which featues Memory Motel as the webchoice and a super version of YCAGWYW...let me know if I can send any of this stuff for the tree...

Thank you. My version of both Bremen'98 and the MTV Awards in '89 are masters,taped directly from the broadcasts. Interesting you mentioned 3 other songs from this MTV show (Toronto 3rd sept 1989 - broadcast date 6th sept). On the night of the broadcast the only song broadcast in full was "Mixed emotions"..there was a TINY clip of "One Hit" played as a preview of the Stones performance as the show went to a commercial break and a couple of minutes of "Dead flowers" was shown on "Week in rock" a few days later. There is however a 90 minute pro-shot video of the Toronto gig that was presumably the raw footage used for the MTV broadcast. Ive never seen a copy of it better than about "VG+"..mine is decent enough but certainly not great.
My copy of the double Door is prety good but an upgrade wouldnt go amiss as its quite a tape! I could certainly use upgrades of any US TV shows from the 60's,including Ed Sullivan. Excellent. It kinda helps to have people on YOUR side of the pond with low generation footage like this, as obviously in Europe/UK we have maybe better access to footage which originated on OUR TV shows (eg I have a 1 hour copy of Knebworth '76 direct from the master in amazing quality. The film was taped by the BBC for TV news footage but obviously they only showed a tiny clip. My source for this tape worked for the BBC and "borrowed" it for a short time..)..

Lets pool our resources as much as we can and hopefully put together a great package.

>Does anyone have quality copys of programs called
-Good Night America (All Down The Line and Honky Tonk Women from Baton Rouge -75) and
-Stones On The Road (Street Fighting Man, HTW, Starfucker, Midnight Rambler, Brown Sugar, IORR, JJF from Glasgow and Leicester -76)?
They seem to have great stuff and some jamming backstage. Just saw a few glimpses from those in a German documentary Die Ersten 20 Jahre (from -82). Looked fabulous. Never seen the whole TV shows. Couple of tracks from those would be a treat on that VCD...

Good idea & thanks for your suggestions,but the problem with the "Stones on the road" film (which I have,although taped from Swiss TV and not the ITV (UK) original) and "Goodnight America" footage is that all of the songs on BOTH shows are incomplete - which is the case in so mnay documentaries to the exasperation of collectors. I'm trying to concentrate on complete songs for this compilation,so unfortunately the footage from these source isnt usable for this project. There ARE some great footage from 75-76, most notably LA 1975,Paris & Knebworth '76 which are most definitely usable for this compilation however.

07-27-02 10:27 PM
MRD8 Just wanted to thank whoever it was who brought up the Checkerboard video...I'd forgotten I got an upgrade of it about a year ago...I get as many as ten video's a week sometimes and occasionally they get put aside in the shuffle...anyway the quality of this copy is blowing me away! It looks to be around 3rd generation with GREAT sound quality...I fast forwared it to the end and it IS the 88 minute version! Just started Hootchie Coochie Man...what a great show this was! Do I sound pumped up? LOL Thanks again for suggesting this gem...
07-29-02 12:02 AM
littleredrooster Does anyone have a copy of the PPV or cable TV concert that was broadcast in Europe in 1998? I know that it was on French TV.

Roostah
07-29-02 05:15 AM
MRD8 Rooster,
Was that the Bremen PPV from September 2, 1998? I have an excellent copy of it...its missing three songs, Out Of Control, Theif In The Night and You Got Me Rocking on the small stage...
07-29-02 06:13 AM
padre I've got the Bremen gig taped straight from the TV. 120 minutes long and does have Out of control, Thief and Rocking. It's in PAL format.
07-29-02 07:28 PM
Gazza My copy is complete...we'll be including something from it on the video
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road