ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachtrichten with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Request; Comments about "Listen Live Now!" The stones on your phone Return to archive
1st August 2006 03:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl We received this e-mail, so if any of you want to help with your comments please reply this message here at the board, as in my particular case I'm also interested:

Hello Rocks Off folks:

I'm doing a quick piece for a "very important international newspaper" about the new concert service the Stones are using on their European tour--Listen Live Now!, the thing that lets you listen to them for 7 minutes via your cell phone for $1.99. Anyway, I'd love to talk to you about what you think of about the service and if you know anyone who's used it (or where I could find someone who fits that bill). My deadline is the end of the day today (though it may bleed into tomorrow), so if we could talk today that would be great.

Unfortunately, the news, posted here before the official website and other boards, are now in the archives HERE
1st August 2006 03:33 PM
Saint Sway I would like to go on record. You may quote me. Here is my statement:

The band sounds like shit. Thru a phone or in a oversized stadium. So your better off just listening for $1.99 per 7 minutes, than forking over $500 to sit miles away from them and not be able to see them prance around in glittery clothes pretending to play. Plus you dont have to fork over for the $100 Fan Club membership scam.

Long Live The Who.

Blondie is a useless drunken stoner.

Michael Cohl is the Canadian Mel Gibson.

Fuck the horn section.

The set list sucks.

The tour is a bust.

Viva la Cape.

LJ shall be greeted at the Montana Summit.

Smoke em if ya got em.

sincerely,
Saint Sway
1st August 2006 03:40 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
We received this e-mail, so if any of you want to help with your comments please reply this message here at the board, as in my particular case I'm also interested:

Hello Rocks Off folks:

I'm doing a quick piece for a "very important international newspaper" about the new concert service the Stones are using on their European tour--Listen Live Now!, the thing that lets you listen to them for 7 minutes via your cell phone for $1.99. Anyway, I'd love to talk to you about what you think of about the service and if you know anyone who's used it (or where I could find someone who fits that bill). My deadline is the end of the day today (though it may bleed into tomorrow), so if we could talk today that would be great.

Unfortunately, the news, posted here before the official website and other boards, are now in the archives HERE

Is that from the famous RO Ian???
1st August 2006 03:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I would like to go on record. You may quote me. Here is my statement:

The band sounds like shit. Thru a phone or in a oversized stadium. So your better off just listening for $1.99 per 7 minutes, than forking over $500 to sit miles away from them and not be able to see them prance around in glittery clothes pretending to play. Plus you dont have to fork over for the $100 Fan Club membership scam.

Long Live The Who.

Fuck the horn section.

The set list sucks.

The tour is a bust.

Viva la Cape.

Smoke em if ya got em.

sincerely,
Saint Sway

While you hit on many of the "high profile" topics, your mention of the horn section and Mr. Chaplin (whom I adore), is quite original.
1st August 2006 03:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Is that from the famous RO Ian???

No!
1st August 2006 04:08 PM
pdog My comment is this: I won't even bother to call and listen. I can get a friend to call me from the show and listen for free!
1st August 2006 04:12 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Long Live The Who.

Fuck the horn section.

The set list sucks.

The tour is a bust.

Viva la Cape.

Smoke em if ya got em.

sincerely,
Saint Sway

LOL, excellent!
1st August 2006 06:19 PM
Tom It sucks
1st August 2006 06:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot Comments? You want comments about this phone thing...

Give me a friggin' break.

If you don't know already, and gotta ask.....sheesh.
1st August 2006 07:29 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle May be taking the concept of phoning it in just a bit too literally...

1st August 2006 07:46 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Long Live The Who.

Fuck the horn section.

The set list sucks.

The tour is a bust.

Viva la Cape.

Smoke em if ya got em.

sincerely,
Saint Sway

Saint Sway.

You have gone from the top of my list of "most annoying posters" to one of my favorites.

LMFAO....I look forward to greeting you.

As far as the request from Voodoo....I think it's a LAME idea!!!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)