ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachtrichten with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NOT Seeing Chicago Return to archive
1st August 2006 11:13 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch The Stones have finally priced themselves out of the market in Chicago. NO WAY am I paying the top ticket price of $700 for a seat I paid $350 for just last year. And NO WAY am I paying $500 to stand listening to distorted sound, only to watch their hinnies an entire performance. If I have to choose between a fat sack of heady ($480) and the Stones, I'm going with the former.

Love the music, hate the greed.
1st August 2006 11:29 AM
not bound to please I didn't even bother to check the prices. Only attend summits.
1st August 2006 11:31 AM
Joey

The Tour is a bust ( see : Papering )
1st August 2006 11:34 AM
Gazza tickets are $700???
1st August 2006 11:38 AM
telecaster Good point

Don't exhibit one ounce of energy and scalp a ticket outside Soldier Field for about $50 -$75 because you are too lazy and angry

Dear God.....why I am surrounded by idiots?
1st August 2006 11:41 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Lucy_Bandersnatch wrote:
The Stones have finally priced themselves out of the market in Chicago. NO WAY am I paying the top ticket price of $700 for a seat I paid $350 for just last year. And NO WAY am I paying $500 to stand listening to distorted sound, only to watch their hinnies an entire performance. If I have to choose between a fat sack of heady ($480) and the Stones, I'm going with the former.

Love the music, hate the greed.

I was pulling up EVERY price range last night on Ticketbastard.

Look again.

LJ.
1st August 2006 11:44 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I was pulling up EVERY price range last night on Ticketbastard.

Look again.

LJ.

Why did you buy so early..I told you to wait. The Chicago show is a bust(see also Gillette and Giants) and I can unequivocally say I won't attend this non-sell out.
[Edited by jb]
1st August 2006 11:44 AM
Gazza Oh I see now - "hot seats" are $700 and $365 (the latter is the cost of seats as far away as the 300's - which any sane individual would regard as nosebleeds, but which in Cohlspeak are renamed 'hotseats' to make them sound attractive)

and the extra $250 or so your ticket price covers the cost of an exclusive free tour gift and a laminate pass.... good value

I ask this in all seriousness - what dickheads are actually buying these? Not many, from what I can see - but surely there must be some complete and utter idiots who will think a laminate and some unspecified 'gift' is worth $250 on top of an already extortionate ticket

[Edited by Gazza]
1st August 2006 11:46 AM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

1st August 2006 11:50 AM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

Why did you buy so early..I told you to wait. The Chicago show is a bust(see also Gillette and Giants) and I can unequivocally say I won't attend this non-sell out.
[Edited by jb]

I NEVER wait.
I CAN'T.
It is your DUTY to shell out the $$$ to help this Show.
DIFTK!!!!

LJ.
1st August 2006 11:51 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I NEVER wait.
I CAN'T.
It is your DUTY to shell out the $$$ to help this Show.
DIFTK!!!!

LJ.

You could have gotten a great seat for less than cost....this is not even 1/3 full(see also Gillette).
1st August 2006 11:53 AM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

You could have gotten a great seat for less than cost....this is not even 1/3 full(see also Gillette).

The good thing is, the business side of rock and roll is dead!
1st August 2006 01:32 PM
keefkid
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Oh I see now - "hot seats" are $700 and $365 (the latter is the cost of seats as far away as the 300's - which any sane individual would regard as nosebleeds, but which in Cohlspeak are renamed 'hotseats' to make them sound attractive)

and the extra $250 or so your ticket price covers the cost of an exclusive free tour gift and a laminate pass.... good value

I ask this in all seriousness - what dickheads are actually buying these? Not many, from what I can see - but surely there must be some complete and utter idiots who will think a laminate and some unspecified 'gift' is worth $250 on top of an already extortionate ticket

[Edited by Gazza]

Cohl subscribes to the ringling bros school of business...

THERE'S A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE
1st August 2006 01:34 PM
keefkid
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Good point

Don't exhibit one ounce of energy and scalp a ticket outside Soldier Field for about $50 -$75 because you are too lazy and angry

because that is a huge pain in the ass and you could get ripped off... i got sold counterfeits in NYC.. i end up doing that for every show anymore becasue of insane prices and im fucking tired of it...
1st August 2006 01:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
keefkid wrote:

Cohl subscribes to the ringling bros school of business...

THERE'S A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE

and he is correct as he has created a large fortune for him and his clients. Many Mock him, but few (aside from jb and myself) will reach his level of success. There are others, but i dont want to mention any names as to allow some to feel left out!
1st August 2006 01:38 PM
keefkid
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

and he is correct as he has created a large fortune for him and his clients. Many Mock him, but few (aside from jb and myself) will reach his level of success. There are others, but i dont want to mention any names as to allow some to feel left out!

well... good for you pug...
1st August 2006 02:11 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch I bought a "hot seat" last time around for Soldier Field and the $350 price tag I talked about included my Rollingstones.com fan club membership fee of $100. I sat in 10th row seats and they sent me a laptop carrying tote and leatherlike luggage tag both with the RollingStones tongue logo. It was a bit much, but not for the Stones and not when you consider the "secondary market." I might have even dished out $350 again for the same seat...but this is ridiculous.

I'm not "lazy or angry" just incredulous.

I'm sorry to say, but I think the Stones work a little too hard at sticking it to their fans with their constant merchandising and no end in sight ticket prices. It's like saying if you're stupid enough to pay it, then we'll just keep asking for more... NOT a nice way to think of your fans...just a bunch of fat wallets.

LOVE the Stones, HATE the greed.

2nd August 2006 12:44 AM
Bitch
quote:
keefkid wrote:

... i got sold counterfeits in NYC...

For those of you who don't know about this, a block outside Radio City & MSG there were scalpers selling phony look alikes. People paid $350 - $500 CASH ONLY TO FIND OUT THEY COULDN'T GET IN! Man I was never so happy that I didn't have enough cash on me because I was dying to see the RCHM show and my Shidoobee connection never showed up with my ticket. I was left standing outside in the cold with the unlucky people who were madly waving counterfeit tickets in the air. Moral to the story is don't buy from the scalpers in NY, it's a big RIP OFF!!!!!!! It just happens every day

2nd August 2006 07:50 AM
_Boomy_ Damn...
2nd August 2006 07:53 AM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Ya know, when Joshy does this, it's funny. When you do it, it's just so fucking lame. Get your own gig.
2nd August 2006 10:05 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ya know, when Joshy does this, it's funny. When you do it, it's just so fucking lame. Get your own gig.

As an independant marketing rep, this type of thing is right up my alley.

See you in Chicago....watch where you park.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)