ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachtrichten with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question for RollingstonesUSA... Return to archive
31st July 2006 06:28 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I just scored some 5th row Alice Cooper tickets. I know that you are a huge Alice fan so I was wondering if you could tell me what to expect in terms of setlists and theatrics for this tour.

Thanks!
31st July 2006 07:10 PM
Jumping Jack Setlist: (Phantom Of the Opera intro Tape) / Wicked Young Man / No More Mr Nice Guy / Dirty Diamonds / Billion Dollar Babies / Be My Lover / Lost In America / Guilty / I Never Cry / Woman Of Mass Distraction / I'm 18 / You Drive Me Nervous / Is It My Body / Go To Hell / Black Widow Jam / Feed My Frankenstein / Welcome To My Nightmare / "The Piece" (Includes The Awakening / Steven / Only Women Bleed / Steven / Ballad Of Dwight Fry / Killer) / I Love The Dead (Band vocal only) / School's Out / Poison / I Wish I Were Born In Beverly Hills / Under My Wheels

Pretty stripped down theatrics. Basically the same show as on the Montreux 2005 DVD, except Ryan Roxie has been replace by Kerri Kelli.

Very high energy show. Enjoy!

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/setlists/dd.php
31st July 2006 07:34 PM
RollingstonesUSA Jumpin' Jack nailed it, it will be fuckin' awesome! I will be there too! It will be high energy, if people are walkin around tell em to sit the fuck down!
31st July 2006 07:49 PM
Jumping Jack I spoke with Chuck Garric & Calico for quite a while outside the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville a couple weeks back. Super nice folks. Got pics and autographs and a really great show. If it is indoors be prepared, it is really loud. The entire theater was on its feet start to finish. He is the most under rated rock star in the business and better now than in the 70s. Enjoy!!!
31st July 2006 07:53 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I spoke with Chuck Garric & Calico for quite a while outside the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville a couple weeks back. Super nice folks. Got pics and autographs and a really great show. If it is indoors be prepared, it is really loud. The entire theater was on its feet start to finish. He is the most under rated rock star in the business and better now than in the 70s. Enjoy!!!

Agree 100% Why he isnt in the Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Fame is beyond me....
31st July 2006 07:55 PM
RollingstonesUSA In a 1978 interview with Rolling Stone, Bob Dylan reportedly stated, "I think Alice Cooper is an overlooked songwriter." [citation needed] Marilyn Manson, too, has cited Cooper's influence--which Cooper himself often suggested was derivative, having quipped: "He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original." Cooper also joked on another occasion about Marilyn Manson, saying, "A male singer, a woman's name, lots of theatrics. Boy, I wish I'd thought of that." Alice even went as far as to reference a line from The Empire Strikes Back during a televised interview with Craig Kilborn, stating "Marilyn, I am your father".

In the foreword to Alice Cooper's CD retrospective box set The Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper, John Lydon of The Sex Pistols—a fan of Alice—pronounced Killer as the greatest rock album of all time.

Non-musician fans included artist Salvador Dalí, who on attending a show in 1973 described it as surreal, and made a hologram called "First Cylindric Chromo-Hologram Portrait of Alice Cooper's Brain," a replica of which can be seen at the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, Florida. Cooper and band members Dennis Dunaway and Glen Buxton studied Dali as art students at Cortez High School in Phoenix, Arizona.

From Wikipedia.com
31st July 2006 07:55 PM
Jumping Jack Did you get the DVD yet?

$9.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000FG65SA/ref=olp_pg_new/002-4881586-2087253?ie=UTF8&startIndex=0&condition=new
31st July 2006 07:59 PM
RollingstonesUSA Not yet, but I will as soon as I get home, which is in like 7hours I leave....how is it, is it the mtv gerenation shot where it shows the crowd every 5sec,lol
[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]
31st July 2006 08:01 PM
RollingstonesUSA But today I picked up the Wire & Glass EP from the exchange, fuckin' wow, you need to get it!
31st July 2006 08:02 PM
RollingstonesUSA I can send it to you, via yousendit, if you want....
31st July 2006 08:03 PM
LadyJane Have a safe trip home.

I am sooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!

xx00
LJ.
31st July 2006 08:32 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Have a safe trip home.

I am sooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!

xx00
LJ.

Thanks a million! Means alot!
31st July 2006 09:36 PM
Lazy Bones in 2004, i was front row in Kitchener, ON. i saw him a couple months ago - same venue - and i thought his setlist in 04 was better. highlighted by a terrific "dwight fry" and "halo of flies" - two of my favourite Coop songs.

this time around, "be my lover" was my personal highlight.

brought the guillotine back for this tour, too.

my dog, btw, is named Cooper - my father-in-law...get this...calls him Alice. no shit!!
1st August 2006 05:24 AM
RollingstonesUSA Bump
1st August 2006 05:32 AM
Jumping Jack The DVD is MUST HAVE and almost identical to the show we saw at Chastain, complete with a lame crowd. The only song that is missing is Sunset Babies. I prefer the 2005 setlists to 2006, but they are not that different.

I'd love W&G if you can send it to me.

sfenner1 at bellsouth.net

Thanks. Enjoy the shows. Wish I could catch the Halifax show!
1st August 2006 05:33 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The DVD is MUST HAVE and almost identical to the show we saw at Chastain, complete with a lame crowd. The only song that is missing is Sunset Babies. I prefer the 2005 setlists to 2006, but they are not that different.

I'd love W&G if you can send it to me.

sfenner1 at bellsouth.net

Thanks. Enjoy the shows. Wish I could catch the Halifax show!

I was at the Chastain show with Cheap Trick, crowd sucked, The Who is comin' your way....
1st August 2006 06:48 AM
Jumping Jack Thanks so much. The Montreux crowd is lame as well, but the DVD is great.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)