ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachtrichten with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Foxboro - Poor Sales Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
31st July 2006 06:45 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
It appears that the stones have worn out their welcome.

yup

this is how it ends. Half empty stadiums.
31st July 2006 06:46 PM
Some Guy the bandwagon is stalling
31st July 2006 06:57 PM
Black and Blue Everyone has to look on the bright side, if the stadiums/arenas aren't selling out, then maybe (just maybe) they'll play Smaller venues and maybe some songs tht aren't warhorses....
31st July 2006 07:07 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Black and Blue wrote:
Everyone has to look on the bright side, if the stadiums/arenas aren't selling out, then maybe (just maybe) they'll play Smaller venues and maybe some songs tht aren't warhorses....

If that does happen, the lead story on the news that day will be pigs taking flight.
31st July 2006 07:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Black and Blue wrote:
Everyone has to look on the bright side, if the stadiums/arenas aren't selling out, then maybe (just maybe) they'll play Smaller venues and maybe some songs tht aren't warhorses....

if they cant fill football stadiums at top dollar then they're just not gonna play

if the stadiums dont sell out. They will create an excuse (rehab for Ronnie, surgery for Charlie etc) and cancel the shows.

they wont reschedule or add smaller venues

they wont reduce ticket prices either

its too late in the game. They'll simply fold up camp rather than play smaller venues for less income. Its all about the $,$$$,$$$,$$$.

this run is about stadiums with every ticket priced at $450 (see Giants). Its about greed on top of greed. Going back and hitting up the places that they think they can still sell overpriced tickets at. Its about squeezing as much loot out of us as they can. They will bleed us dry and then they'll call it a day.

as long as were still buying, they'll keep coming.

but dont ever think that poor sales would make them play smaller capacity venues for less money.

if they cant fill football stadiums at top dollar then they're just not gonna play
31st July 2006 07:13 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
winter wrote:

Boston added more to the bottom line this tour than any other city. 3 stadium shows and 2 arena shows. See City of Boston, home of champions and the place where the Stones open their tours.

Wintah,

words of wisdom, winter

words of wisdom

31st July 2006 07:15 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

if the stadiums dont sell out. They will create an excuse (rehab for Ronnie, surgery for Charlie etc) and cancel the shows.

its too late in the game. They'll simply fold up camp rather than play smaller venues for less income. Its all about the $,$$$,$$$,$$$.

this run is about stadiums with every ticket priced at $450 (see Giants). Its about greed on top of greed. Going back and hitting up the places that they think they can still sell overpriced tickets at. Its about squeezing as much loot out of us as they can. They will bleed us dry and then they'll call it a day.

but dont ever think that poor sales would make them play smaller capacity venues for less money.

I know that this is true...but one can hope
31st July 2006 07:23 PM
chevysales
quote:
winter wrote:

Boston is the land of champions, and clearly the Stones favorite city in the world. But sadly, we have let them down. . . .

Boston may no longer be worthy of opening, but Miami is not even worthy of a show . . . . .

yes but while marino had stone crabs with the prez the nikatator passed as he must ready the troops to humiliate the patsies!!!
31st July 2006 07:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Black and Blue wrote:

I know that this is true...but one can hope

all I hope is that everyone here is able to get in to at least one of the Beacon shows.
31st July 2006 08:12 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Keep trying Boomy.

I got good seats for 160.00 a piece.

LJ.

Still kinda a rip off, no!
I love them, but I know when someone is treating me like crap!
31st July 2006 08:14 PM
pdog What do you think the avg. ticket price is when you take total seating and the different price levels?
31st July 2006 08:17 PM
texile as much as i love seeing them no matter what,
they've become like kiss - ubiquitous...
the urgency is gone and it doesn't help that the bastards have not changed thier song-list the entire time.

31st July 2006 08:21 PM
mojoman
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
But it's not even a GOOD ticket, Pug. B3 Row 23 for $450?

Funk that.

those should be 160 tops!!!
31st July 2006 08:30 PM
CraigP After "goveling for tix", my wonderful g/f got us 2 of the $62. seats top row, mifield. Not bad for the Stones nor the seats. I fell in love with girl all over again, dig?

We scored these tix hours after they went onsale as I was busy when the public tix went onsale. Good thing I checked.

Much love,
--Craig--
31st July 2006 08:33 PM
lotsajizz I got good seats, front row, upper deck, Keith's side, one section back from parallel with the stage, for $60....hell, in a stadium, those are as good as any but the top 4% or so...so for the $, I call 'em good seats
31st July 2006 08:37 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Your comments are so true, Saint Sway. I still do have a hope, though, that the Stones will play in Greensboro or Winston-Salem, NC at an affordable price. It won't ever happen, but I can still hold on to hope, right?
[Edited by Trey Krimsin]
31st July 2006 08:44 PM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:

Still kinda a rip off, no!
I love them, but I know when someone is treating me like crap!

Nope not at all.

Nearly the same seats I scored last Fall.

Excellent. Ask the Rat.

Throw in a kick ass Summit and I'm beaming.

LJ.
31st July 2006 08:50 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Nope not at all.

Nearly the same seats I scored last Fall.

Excellent. Ask the Rat.

Throw in a kick ass Summit and I'm beaming.

LJ.

Don't listen to me today. I had a tough weekend! I just wish I could do Chicago!
31st July 2006 08:55 PM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:

Don't listen to me today. I had a tough weekend! I just wish I could do Chicago!

OH HOWE we'd love to have ya.

Parmeda is enough to make ya go.

We've scored a kick ass deal at a swanky hotel (yes I worked my magic), planning on a LIMO to Soldier and then cruise the Blues bars.

You've got two months...if anything changes....you are IN!!!

LJ.
31st July 2006 09:12 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

OH HOWE we'd love to have ya.

Parmeda is enough to make ya go.

We've scored a kick ass deal at a swanky hotel (yes I worked my magic), planning on a LIMO to Soldier and then cruise the Blues bars.

You've got two months...if anything changes....you are IN!!!

LJ.

Ahhh fuck, I keep forgetting. Major Gollum in the Gears. I'm in LA that same week!!!

31st July 2006 10:13 PM
Soldatti The US market was saturated with the Stones in the last years: 6 CD/DVD releases in less than four years, almost 120 shows (2002-2003-2005-2006), astronomical tickets prices, no top 40 hit single in 17 years, no #1 album in 25 years, 80% of the setlists full of warhorses, loads of stadiums shows, MICHAEL COHL...
31st July 2006 11:25 PM
Poison Dart What % of tix have they sold in Foxboro?

Isn't a little early (2 months away) to say these shows won't eventually sell out or come close?
1st August 2006 12:18 AM
time is on my side It seems the STONES bit off a bit more than they can chew this TIME around. They have simply oversaturated the markets & have played cities like Boston, New York, and Chicago way too much with too many stadium dates. All these shows are wide open.

Which begs a question, what's up with all these stadium dates at $350 or $450 a pop???? I could somewhat understand it if it was markets that they haven't been to in awhile (a few of the shows do make some sense) but cities like Boston, New Youk, and Chicago have taken all the stadium shows they can handle. Especially at these kind of prices. When I first looked at the dates, the cities, the venues, and the prices, I thought they were nuts. What's happening now merely confirms the obvious.

They've overplayed their hand. What the hell were they thinking??? Well, that part is quite simple. It's really about old fashioned greed. It's all about milking the cash cow for all the $$$$$$$ it's worth in the here and now because I get the feeling they don't plan on coming back anytime soon. Perhaps Charlie's let them know in private that this is his last tour??? I know they've got expenses but this fall tour is pure insanity.

Having said that, does anyone know if the stadium show in Atlanta at Turner field has been confirmed?????????????
1st August 2006 05:24 AM
Jumping Jack Atlanta cannot be confirmed until the Brave's finish their choke job. Rest assured, southerns will support the Stones more rabidly than the yankee boys up north. NO HUMILIATION IN THE RED STATES!
1st August 2006 05:41 AM
lotsajizz not even close
1st August 2006 07:21 AM
chevysales geeze... my tix just came in the mail monday a3 row 12.
1st August 2006 07:38 AM
marko I hope they cancel the tour.
1st August 2006 09:59 AM
jb
quote:
marko wrote:
I hope they cancel the tour.

It's possible that some dates could be cancelled!
1st August 2006 10:30 AM
marko With these prices as allready said,no way they can even
sell out,or even any sold outs for that matter.
Pathetic ending,from a band who ones was so big and legendary live performer,it makes me sick,to think of what
they´ve become,from what they ones were,long ago.
Its no longer cool to be a stones fan.Well,how the saying
goes,"you´ll get,what you´ve requested".
1st August 2006 10:43 AM
Black and Blue
quote:
jb wrote:

It's possible that some dates could be cancelled!

Come to Edmonton instead of the second beacon show on Halloween....There's a 15 minute sell-out for them waiting....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)