ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachtrichten with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Foxboro - Poor Sales Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
31st July 2006 11:44 AM
winter
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we are running the risk of humiliation in Chicago. The whole point of this mini tour is to add to the Gross Dollars to beat U2.....step up people...$450 is not a lot of money!!!!

Sadly, Chicago is also no longer a Stones town. Opening a tour once in Chicago was enough for them. At least you have not been completely ignored on this mini tour (See Florida (See tour dates on RS.com (see earlier post above on this topic)))
31st July 2006 11:46 AM
jb
quote:
winter wrote:

Sadly, Chicago is also no longer a Stones town. Opening a tour once in Chicago was enough for them. At least you have not been completely ignored on this mini tour (See Florida (See tour dates on RS.com (see earlier post above on this topic)))

The Florida shows were over a million dollars more profitable than Fleet shows...Boston has proven unworthy of an opener and they must distravty focus on Florida............Most Bostonian Stones's fans are in deep denial/humiliation over this.....same for Chicago fans, or lack thereof.
31st July 2006 11:46 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Keep trying Boomy.

I got good seats for 160.00 a piece.

LJ.

Oh, I gots my ticket already. I was just reporting on some of the seats I was getting as best available.
31st July 2006 11:47 AM
jb
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
But it's not even a GOOD ticket, Pug. B3 Row 23 for $450?

Funk that.

Buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31st July 2006 11:50 AM
_Boomy_ Gimme all yo' monaaaaaaaaaay

Gimme all yo' gooooooold

-----------------------------------

Hey JB. My mother is in Seaside, Florida doing a modeling stint for a company. Is that a pretty nice part of Florida?
31st July 2006 11:51 AM
winter
quote:
jb wrote:

The Florida shows were over a million dollars more profitable than Fleet shows...Boston has proven unworthy of an opener and they must distravty focus on Florida............Most Bostonian Stones's fans are in deep denial/humiliation over this.....same for Chicago fans, or lack thereof.

Boston added more to the bottom line this tour than any other city. 3 stadium shows and 2 arena shows. See City of Boston, home of champions and the place where the Stones open their tours.

Wintah,

31st July 2006 11:51 AM
jb
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Gimme all yo' monaaaaaaaaaay

Gimme all yo' gooooooold

-----------------------------------

Hey JB. My mother is in Seaside, Florida doing a modeling stint for a company. Is that a pretty nice part of Florida?

Sadly, I have never heard of Seaside , Fla? Is it on the west coast(lots of goys).
31st July 2006 11:53 AM
_Boomy_ I think it's near Tallahassee.

[Edited by _Boomy_]
[Edited by _Boomy_]
31st July 2006 11:53 AM
Joey

Cohl's decision to book the band in Stadiums this fall was misguided ( see : LBJ's decision to go into the Vietnam , circa 1965 ) .

31st July 2006 11:54 AM
jb
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
I think it's near Tallahassee. She's doing the shoot for a company called Vera Bradley.

Northern Florida is not my territory-like being in another state.-it looks much closr to Destin/Panama beach...beautiful beaches , we refer to it as the redneck riviera..........
[Edited by jb]
[Edited by jb]
31st July 2006 11:55 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
jb wrote:
Boston has proven unworthy of opening....very humiliaTING.

Hold on a second. Give us a break. We've already had 4 shows in a year and now they expect to sell Gillette as well? C'mon man, our wallets are exhausted! LOL
31st July 2006 11:56 AM
_Boomy_ JB..you coming to Chicago for our birthdays?
31st July 2006 11:57 AM
winter
quote:
jb wrote:

Northern Florida is not my territory-like being in another state.

More like being in another world - see Dukes of Hazard . . . .

wintah
31st July 2006 11:57 AM
jb
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
JB..you coming to Chicago for our birthdays?

Not if sales continue like today...I don't do non-sell outs.
31st July 2006 11:59 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Not if sales continue like today...I don't do non-sell outs.

If ticket sales continue to slump...we will need to help the total dollars increase...I encourage all to purchase Hot Seats!!!
31st July 2006 12:00 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

If ticket sales continue to slump...we will need to help the total dollars increase...I encourage all to purchase Hot Seats!!!

Many $99 left for Chicago...wide "f"ing open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31st July 2006 12:02 PM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:

Many $99 left for Chicago...wide "f"ing open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, unlike U2, no announcements showing stadiums sell outs in minutes, hrs, days.....................
[Edited by jb]
31st July 2006 12:05 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Sadly, unlike U2, no announcements showing stadiums sell outs in minutes, hrs, days.....................
[Edited by jb]

It is over .

|
|
|
V

www.U2Tours.com

31st July 2006 12:05 PM
keefkid
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we are running the risk of humiliation in Chicago. The whole point of this mini tour is to add to the Gross Dollars to beat U2.....step up people...$450 is not a lot of money!!!!

yea maybe to you ...

$450 for 30 something rows back in a stadium is FUCKING RIDICULOUS

sorry

i love it, i will buy my cheap ass $60 tixs for Giants and just move the hell down to the good seats...
31st July 2006 12:06 PM
_Boomy_ The Opening Act Is:

The All American Rejects!

31st July 2006 12:08 PM
keefkid
quote:
Joey wrote:

Cohl's decision to book the band in Stadiums this fall was misguided ( see : LBJ's decision to go into the Vietnam , circa 1965 ) .

EXACTLY!!!!!

i hope they lose their fucking shirts...
31st July 2006 12:10 PM
keefkid
quote:
winter wrote:
Over an hour after the regular on sale, I can pull many, many tickets in the first 25 Rows -

wintah

$450 or $99 tixs???

Giants is all $450, found some $99 but up in the nosebleeds...
31st July 2006 12:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
keefkid wrote:

yea maybe to you ...

$450 for 30 something rows back in a stadium is FUCKING RIDICULOUS

sorry

i love it, i will buy my cheap ass $60 tixs for Giants and just move the hell down to the good seats...

The Stones owe us nothing, we are only cheating Mr. Cohl and their retirement by not purchasing top dollar tickets if that is the section we wish to be in. I encourage you to rethink and possibly re work your budget. $500 with service charges is a very fair price for a floor seat to see the largest band in the world.

We must beat U2!!
31st July 2006 12:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
keefkid wrote:

EXACTLY!!!!!

i hope they lose their fucking shirts...

The Stones have guarantees in place, they get paid regardless. The promoters and stadiums will be the ones taking a huge loss (see: Comerica 2005)
31st July 2006 12:14 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The Stones owe us nothing, we are only cheating Mr. Cohl and their retirement by not purchasing top dollar tickets if that is the section we wish to be in. I encourage you to rethink and possibly re work your budget. $500 with service charges is a very fair price for a floor seat to see the largest band in the world.

We must beat U2!!

Agreed....
31st July 2006 12:19 PM
taz22 Regina looks like it has sold out.....of course....how many tickets are held in reserve is yet to be known. However, if this show goes like the on in Ottawa last year ( 1500 released on the day of the show ) I am confident that Regina will sell out....other than watching your dog run away from home for 4 days....their ain't much else out in Saskatchewan to do!
31st July 2006 12:21 PM
keefkid
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We must beat U2!!

its a fair price in an arena ... MAYBE ... but not in a stadium...

in a stadium its BULLSHIT
31st July 2006 12:48 PM
Jumping Jack My heart bleeds for Mr. Cohl, NOT!
31st July 2006 06:26 PM
Shawn20
quote:
winter wrote:

More like being in another world - see Dukes of Hazard . . . .

wintah

Times have changed my friend. Destin has golf courses that rival some of the finest in the southern portion of Florida.
31st July 2006 06:40 PM
Some Guy It appears that the stones have worn out their welcome.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)