ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gottlieb-Daimler Stadion, Stuttgart, 3rd August 2006
© Stuttgarter Nachtrichten with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ANGRY JOHN LENNON Return to archive
30th July 2006 10:24 PM
winter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8JdPRbhetY&search=rolling%20stones
30th July 2006 11:24 PM
Kilroy Angry? He was always at his best when Angry, if that is what he was?
30th July 2006 11:40 PM
Lethargy John Lennon was a complete asshole, self-absorbed, delusionally narcisistic, off-the-charts-stupidly leftist, and depraved in his personal life. Why he's the object of seemingly universal worship I'll never understand.
30th July 2006 11:50 PM
Taptrick John's comments must also be taken while considering the date. Poor John didn't know what still lay: ahead for The Stones: Sticky Fingers, Exile, Goat's Head Soup, It's Only Rock N Roll, Black N' Blue, Love You Live, Some Girls, Emotional Rescue, Dirty Work, Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon, A Bigger Bang, multiple single hits, and the most succesful music act tours of all times (only to be beaten by....themselves) - Christ, the tongue logo hadn't even caught on yet at the point of this interview. So if the idea of the Stones in the same league bothered John at this point, Sticky Fingers and Exile must have really made him take notice.

[Edited by Taptrick]
31st July 2006 12:31 AM
GimmeExile
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
John Lennon was a complete asshole, self-absorbed, delusionally narcisistic, off-the-charts-stupidly leftist, and depraved in his personal life. Why he's the object of seemingly universal worship I'll never understand.

But what do you really think of him?
31st July 2006 02:24 AM
Theodore Herzel
quote:
John Lennon was a complete asshole, self-absorbed, delusionally narcisistic, off-the-charts-stupidly leftist, and depraved in his personal life. Why he's the object of seemingly universal worship I'll never understand.

you are definitely not one of god's chosen people.
31st July 2006 07:58 AM
corgi37 Hang on, are people saying Lennon IS STILL angry? hahahahaha. Shit, i would be too! hahahaha.

Lennons last words?
"Hey, Yoko, dont let me forget. No more fucking autographs!"
31st July 2006 09:46 AM
Joey
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Why he's the object of seemingly universal worship I'll never understand.

His music saved the world
31st July 2006 10:03 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

You are one of the few with the guts to speak the truth
31st July 2006 10:14 AM
jb
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

100% correct..............
31st July 2006 01:23 PM
Black and Blue Wasn't Let it Bleed released before let it be? I'm not too sure though
31st July 2006 01:38 PM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:

100% correct..............

Agrre!!! A real no talent ass!!!
31st July 2006 02:29 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

That's actually true. And given the fact that he was a musical genius, it doesn't matter.
31st July 2006 08:22 PM
GimmeExile
31st July 2006 08:32 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
Black and Blue wrote:
Wasn't Let it Bleed released before let it be? I'm not too sure though

You are correct, but the songs that were on Let It Be were originally recorded in '68. Get Back was a number one song in that same year, about two years before it was featured on Let It Be.
31st July 2006 08:54 PM
pdog
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Why he's the object of seemingly universal worship I'll never understand.

He wrote a few cool tunes!
31st July 2006 09:45 PM
quackenbush I remember reading in "Stone Alone" that the Beatles and the Stones had an agreement to not release their albums on the same day so as not to interfere with each other jumping to number one. Bill must have gotten this part wrong. His bad.
31st July 2006 10:16 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
quackenbush wrote:
I remember reading in "Stone Alone" that the Beatles and the Stones had an agreement to not release their albums on the same day so as not to interfere with each other jumping to number one. Bill must have gotten this part wrong. His bad.

I read somewhere where half the Beatles catalog was given to them by Bill Wyman
31st July 2006 10:41 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Joey wrote:

I kind of like the Beatles, but I think their (and his) music is vastly overrated. He wrote lots and lots of garbage, both with the beatles and solo (ugh, especially solo). Sgt. Pepper, in particular, is crap.

Just one man's opinion, and I realize I'm in the vast minority.
1st August 2006 07:25 AM
Gazza
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:

You are correct, but the songs that were on Let It Be were originally recorded in '68. Get Back was a number one song in that same year, about two years before it was featured on Let It Be.

The "Get Back" album (which later became 'Let it Be') was recorded in January 1969, but not released until April 1970. In the period in between, they recorded and released Abbey Road(recorded summer '69 - released September '69)

The 'Get Back' single was released in April 1969
1st August 2006 12:29 PM
Egbert
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
I kind of like the Beatles, but I think their (and his) music is vastly overrated. He wrote lots and lots of garbage, both with the beatles and solo (ugh, especially solo). Sgt. Pepper, in particular, is crap.

Spot on, as usual.
1st August 2006 12:32 PM
jb Lennon was a disgrace both as a musician and as a father..he and the rest of the overrated band mean nothing to some of us...
2nd August 2006 01:07 AM
Bitch JOHN thinks MICK's a joke??????????? The STONES are trying to imitate the Beatles? The Stones are jealous of the Beatles?

John, he's a pompous ass. I resent his comments, he assumes to be the center of the universe. Roll over John.
2nd August 2006 01:22 AM
Taptrick

What was that Chuck Berry song Lennon having to pay out for copying for Come Together. It even had the line Here Come Ole Flat Top.

2nd August 2006 01:46 AM
stonedinaustralia You Can't Catch Me

which the stones themselves covered
2nd August 2006 01:59 AM
Kilroy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thank you Joey, I wouldn't disgrace myself and the Legacy of John Lennon to reply to such a vile comment. Thank you for doing it in Mr Lennon, & his fans behalf. Thank you again.
2nd August 2006 11:48 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Bitch wrote:
JOHN thinks MICK's a joke??????????? The STONES are trying to imitate the Beatles? The Stones are jealous of the Beatles?

John, he's a pompous ass. I resent his comments, he assumes to be the center of the universe. Roll over John.

John is:
- a lame guitar player
- a mediocre songwriter (w/many individual gems of course, I can't deny it)
- a terrible person/father (very well documented)
- a pompous self righteous ass (his cringe-inducing "bed-in" with Yoko was maybe the most pathetic moment of 60s pop culture)
- a non-entity as a live performer, having "retired" from touring in his twenties (!). How lame can you get.
2nd August 2006 11:50 AM
pdog
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

John is:
- a lame guitar player
- a mediocre songwriter (w/many individual gems of course, I can't deny it)
- a terrible person/father (very well documented)
- a pompous self righteous ass (his cringe-inducing "bed-in" with Yoko was maybe the most pathetic moment of 60s pop culture)
- a non-entity as a live performer, having "retired" from touring in his twenties (!). How lame can you get.

You forgot to mention he's dead!

2nd August 2006 12:07 PM
jb Lennon has no business on a Stones board..he is not even in Ronnie's league. I never quite understood the appeal of Lenno or the Beatles...sadly, I am in the minority as the pop loving, peacenik hippies of thje 60's, worshipped these very marginal musicians. They have never been in the same class as the Stones, Who or even LZ. They are lightweight as it gets and U2 has a remarkable resemblanve to them in terms of appeal. Thank god they broke up and spared us their psych-babble.....it's rock and roll, and nothing more.
2nd August 2006 12:11 PM
pdog
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)