ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Strip Down, Have A Laugh On New Album Return to archive
July 30th, 2005 12:40 PM
scratched Stones Strip Down, Have A Laugh On New Album

By Melinda Newman, L.A.

When Mick Jagger had qualms about recording a new Rolling Stones album at his house in France, Keith Richards had a simple retort. "I said to Mick, 'Listen, once upon a time, we cut a record in the South of France in my house, and it's called "Exile on Main Street," and now it's your turn'," he tells Billboard in his first interview about the project.

The interview appears in the Aug. 6, 2005, issue of the magazine, on newsstands tomorrow (July 30).

No one would dare try to hold up the Stones' forthcoming album, "A Bigger Bang", to what is considered one of the greatest rock'n'roll records of all time. Still, executives at Virgin and parent company EMI, which will release the album on Sept. 6, believe the group has created its strongest album in years.

"It feels so real and so authentic," Virgin Records U.S. chairman/CEO Matt Serletic tells Billboard. "With this one, they've really revitalized themselves."

Calling Billboard from tour rehearsals in Toronto, Jagger says the spirited play between he and Richards and switching up instruments helped bring a renewed energy to the album's creation.

"I was playing drums and all that sort of stuff I usually never do and that was fun," he says. "Happily for the fans, my drums never made it on the record apart from one or two little hits that were saved. Keith and I were just having a laugh with a lot of it."

Many of the tracks feature just Jagger, Richards and drummer Charlie Watts. Apart from guitarist Ron Wood, the only other musicians on the album are longtime Stones associates Darryl Jones (bass) and Chuck Leavell (keyboards).

"There's no hiding place if there's only three of you in the room," Jagger says. Or as Richards puts it, the album is "raw Stones."

In November, EMI will release a Stones rarities disc featuring B-sides and songs from albums that have gone in and out of print. The collection will be sold through traditional retail and Starbucks.

Also tentatively planned for the holidays will be a special edition of "A Bigger Bang." "The content will come from the band and it will hopefully include extra tracks, remixes, video content, Web links and ringtones," Virgin U.S. executive VP of marketing Randy Miller says. The special edition will be available as a CD and DVD or a DualDisc.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001000576
[Edited by scratched]
July 30th, 2005 01:40 PM
scratched Apologies, this has already been posted.
July 30th, 2005 10:06 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
scratched wrote:
In November, EMI will release a Stones rarities disc featuring B-sides and songs from albums that have gone in and out of print. The collection will be sold through traditional retail and Starbucks.

[Edited by scratched]

W-w-w-what!?!?!?

News to dance about.
July 30th, 2005 11:45 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 Is Lisa, Blondie or Bernard or Bobby or any of the horn section going to be on this tour?
[Edited by Stonesmillenium2001]
July 31st, 2005 12:51 AM
T&A yes, the aforementioned players/singers all aboard again this time -all are in Toronto for rehearsals.
July 31st, 2005 08:03 AM
egon this sounds sooooo good.

i hope not TOO good....
August 1st, 2005 02:54 AM
corgi37 I just hope the horn section is gone. I dont mind Bobby Keys at all.

Lisa & Bernard - why the hell not.

Blondie - ditch the bloke.

Chuck - cant ditch him. He's probably more important musically than any other band member.

P.S. I aint joking!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)