ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SOL/RJ/BOMH Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 30th, 2005 02:35 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Mick Jagger wrote:
All of you that downloaded the MP3's owe me money! Do you want my children to starve?

sup Mick?
July 30th, 2005 02:38 PM
Chuck Leavell I can't wait to put my official Stones sound on these new songs when we play them live! I'm thinking I might do an extended solo on Back Of My Hand, to put some soul into it.
July 30th, 2005 02:41 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Chuck Leavell wrote:
I can't wait to put my official Stones sound on these new songs when we play them live! I'm thinking I might do an extended solo on Back Of My Hand, to put some soul into it.

Chuck maybe you haven't been told yet but on the forthcoming tour all the sidemen and women are requested to stay at home. So enjoy your bathtub.
July 30th, 2005 02:52 PM
Some Guy Italian reviews of "A Bigger Bang"

- Il gazzettino (very popular newapaper in east - northen Italy):
"A Bigger Bang is a beautiful record, that would be considered a miracle if composed by an emerging band and not by a group of lively sixty - years old people, with darryl Jones on bass"
"It's a record that, we can say, put positions on chart back in order, after the recent bellyfuls of U2 and Coldplay (...). But starting from the first powerful notes of "Oh No Not You Again" you can understand that rock'n roll's just a different thing, and the Glimmer Twins have been its prophets for forty years"
"The new songs find back that, either blues/cajun or purely rock'n roll, spirit that made Jagger & co great, especially into the seventies, after the great songs spontaneously talented of the previous decade, that we all know by memory".

-Rockol.it:
"The overall impression is that the quality of the songs is improved, the pace has slowed down, and it's been way too fast in tha last two decades, and more space's given to Darryl Jones; also, the sound is more rock'n roll and less hard rock".

-Panorama:
"Enjoyable, aggressive, record, that flows fastly without giving to the listener too much time to get bored"

regarding the songs we haven't listened to yet:

- Let Me Down Slow: slow beat in 2/4, very mannered, that Steven tyler would like a lot( Il Gazzettino); Well tested blues (Rockstar);

- It Won't Take Long: fast song, the guitar in the end reminds of "Gimme Shelter" (Il gazzettino); hard beat that highlights the rythmic section (Panorama); Great progression in it (Rockstar);

- This Place Is Empty: it reminds of Angie, and starts with a piano intro(Il Gazzettino); doesn' sound stonish (Panorama); soft song, reminds of "Losing My Touch" (Rockstar);

- Infamy: hypnotic song, features Keith on vocals and Mick on harmonica(Il Gazzettino); doesn't sound stonish (Panorama); acid and fast rock - blues (Rockstar);

- Laugh? I Nearly Died: Jagger's in great shape; there's a strange final choir leant on a "stick" bass chorus(Il Gazzettino); It's a crescendo that starts like "Fingerprint File", and ends with a sixties, radio - friendly, choir (Panorama);

- Biggest Mistake Of My Life: a country - sounding filler(Il Gazzettino); doesn't sound stonish (Panorama); a seventies flavoured ballad, in which Gram Parsons would fit well(Rockol);

- Rain Fell Down: electric funk, with a great Don Was (Il Gazzettino); funky reggae built on a minimalist riff (Panorama); syncopated funk, great example of Don Was' minimalism (Rockol);

She Saw Me Coming: Very New Orleans, Very Keith! (Il Gazzettino); reminds of AC/DC (Panorama); Coolest track of the record, also due to its reggae pulse (Rockol).

[Edited by Big Bang Guy]
[Edited by Some Guy]
July 30th, 2005 03:34 PM
pdog
quote:
Mick Jagger wrote:
All of you that downloaded the MP3's owe me money! Do you want my children to starve?

July 30th, 2005 03:37 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Mick Jagger wrote:

Here's the deal Jagger, get your abomination known as S O L off the new Stones album

it doesn't belong

comprende ?
July 30th, 2005 03:41 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

She Saw Me Coming: Very New Orleans, Very Keith! (Il Gazzettino); reminds of AC/DC (Panorama); Coolest track of the record, also due to its reggae pulse (Rockol).

this one sounds pretty wild

from New Orleans to Ac/Dc to reggae

can't wait to hear it
July 30th, 2005 04:00 PM
pdog
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but any reason this is sampled/downconverted at 22khz, probably accounts for the sound saturation, maybe 160kbps mp3s would be better depending on the original quality of the iTunes versions.

I only have to 10 mb FTP's, so I needed this size for the 3 songs to fit. SOL is about 6 mb's and the other tow total about 4 mb's a piece. I did the best I could, sound quality was top priority, but size and just getting these up for people to hear was also a big consideration.

Everyone is very welcome. This is what you do for friends and family.
July 30th, 2005 07:31 PM
LadyJane I just keep listening over and over and over again.

Thank you very kindly, Pdog.

LJ.
July 30th, 2005 09:18 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Mick Jagger wrote:

whoever you are that's some funny shit right there

BOMH - excellent!! has some great sounds - esp. some of that wild harp

inetersting reviews some guy

Infamy: hypnotic song, features Keith on vocals and Mick on harmonica(Il Gazzettino); doesn't sound stonish (Panorama); acid and fast rock - blues (Rockstar);

Keith goes back to acid rock - i can't wait!!
July 30th, 2005 11:15 PM
Child of the Moon I love the "doesn't sound stonish" description that's used, like, four times.
July 30th, 2005 11:36 PM
J.J.Flash About two months ago Jay warned you that pdog was becoming Jay's favorite poster.... I tould you....

Thanks my friend!
July 31st, 2005 12:07 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
I love the "doesn't sound stonish" description that's used, like, four times.

yeah i got a laugh from that too
July 31st, 2005 04:12 AM
Poplar The guys sound great. No reason not to be excited.

It's hot.

[Edited by Poplar]
July 31st, 2005 06:34 AM
JaggerLips As each day passess it means one more day closer to the release of Bigger Bang.

I have high hopes for the new album, it's going to be a classic! Lot's of different musical styles, to please all spectrums of Stones fans.
July 31st, 2005 06:56 AM
blackandblue We will wait and see!
July 31st, 2005 07:25 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Poplar wrote:
The guys sound great. No reason not to be excited.

It's hot.

[Edited by Poplar]

Hi Poplar! Congratulations dude! Keep up the good posting. Jay enjoys reading your stuff....
July 31st, 2005 09:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mick Jagger wrote:

Just double the ticket prices and we'll say no more!!!!
That should do it!
July 31st, 2005 10:00 AM
charlotte On the 8th day...

from RS.com
Title: After The Bang - An Illustration
Submitted By: 3dteafoe
Date: 2005.07.27

[Edited by charlotte]
July 31st, 2005 04:15 PM
Poplar
quote:
charlotte wrote:
On the 8th day...

awesome!
July 31st, 2005 11:18 PM
corgi37 Cool.
August 1st, 2005 01:30 AM
Poplar
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Congratulations dude!

thanks ... love this place. love y'all.

August 1st, 2005 11:49 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
pdog wrote:

I only have to 10 mb FTP's, so I needed this size for the 3 songs to fit. SOL is about 6 mb's and the other tow total about 4 mb's a piece. I did the best I could, sound quality was top priority, but size and just getting these up for people to hear was also a big consideration.

Everyone is very welcome. This is what you do for friends and family.

pdog....you're the best man!!!.Thanks for making my week end..I'm pumped...You shall be greeted...lol
August 1st, 2005 07:20 PM
Soldatti
quote:
charlotte wrote:

Great pic!
This photo must be on the back cover of the CD.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)