ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Back of My Hand is the Shiznit! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 29th, 2005 11:36 PM
winter I once again have faith!
July 29th, 2005 11:59 PM
exile has anyone got a mp3?

Im not too mean to pay 0.99cents for the song

I tried to join iTunes U.S.A site but can only join if living in America.

and there is no iTunes store in Australia.
July 30th, 2005 12:03 AM
winter exile -

I sincerely wish that I could help you out, but I am technologicaly challenged in these things. I don't even know if I have the software to do it.

This must be a traditional / old blues tune.

If I had to give it criticism, I would say Mick's lyrics are a little too clean / enunciated. But I still love it.

If there is an easy way to mp3 it and you can explain it, I will do it tonight.
July 30th, 2005 12:07 AM
exile Its cool

thanks though!

[Edited by exile]
July 30th, 2005 12:22 AM
T&A
quote:
winter wrote:
exile -

If I had to give it criticism, I would say Mick's lyrics are a little too clean / enunciated. But I still love it.

NOOOOOOO! Not a fucking blues song! Shit - what's with Mick?!!!!!!!!!!!! It's one thing to fuck up a bad song like SOL with shitty vocal....
July 30th, 2005 12:29 AM
winter Unfortunately, it's true - still a great tune, very back to the roots.

Funny b/c I was listening to everything's turning to gold and dance pt. 2 this morning, and I was thinking those were perfect mixes of Mick's voice (obviously there are countless other earlier examples).

My biggest problem with post '79 (yes including Tattoo You) is Mick's vocals are too clear.

This really picked up in his solo album She's the Boss, and it has never really let up since.

That being said, based upon what I have heard so far, I really think this will be a quality album, not one to be compared to the big 4, but pretty good for men in their 60's.

wintah
July 30th, 2005 12:36 AM
T&A ok - just listened. No - he does NOT over-enunciate (like in SOL). The vocal is very prominent in the mix and I have no problem with that in this case. Mick's vocal follows the guitar line (Keith), while ronnie (presumably) follows along with slide licks. Really nice blues - nothing fancy - hardly even a bass line in the song. Mick's bluesy drawling delivery is reminiscent of Shake Your Hips...he MJ steals the song, hands down.

My spirits are lifted tonite, folks! I finally have some hope for this album...
July 30th, 2005 12:41 AM
PartyDoll MEG T&A-couldn't agree more.! Great Mick harp and Keith guitar and a great Stonesian Blues!! Back to basics, no overproduction, just what we want! Happy I am !
July 30th, 2005 12:42 AM
beer
quote:
T&A wrote:

My spirits are lifted tonite, folks! I finally have some hope for this album...

right on! i have a good feeling about this album.

-
July 30th, 2005 12:47 AM
Bloozehound nice fuckin slow blues

kinda muddy waters can't be satisfied meets john lee hooker's crawlin kingsnake at the crossroads

thats what i'm talking about

thanks for the hook up

July 30th, 2005 07:25 AM
luxury1 I think the band really does read these boards. We fans have been screaming "get back to your roots" , etc. THis album seems to want to satisfy everyone. I cant wait to hear the entire thing
July 30th, 2005 08:12 AM
corgi37 pdog has a thread with 3 songs on it.

BOMH - Jeez, it coulda been done in 1930.
July 30th, 2005 10:16 AM
JaggerLips Reminds me of You Gotta Move in a way.

Great stuff Mick!!!

I really think this album is going to kick ass as it's going to have lots of different styles.

A cocktail of plenty!

I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW ALBUM!
LOOKS LIKE BE THE TIME IT'S RELEASED ALL THE SONGS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD.
July 30th, 2005 12:01 PM
Gazza Now THIS is the dog's bollocks!!!

A big thumbs-up from me!
July 30th, 2005 12:14 PM
Maxlugar Great tune and bodes well for the rest of the album.

I will also go out on a limb and bet my left bullock that is Keith on slide.

Too raw and gritty to be Ronnie.

Just a hunch.
July 30th, 2005 12:19 PM
Some Guy where did y'all hear it from?
July 30th, 2005 12:24 PM
Some Guy just heard it!!! Shizzizzle my nizzle!!
July 30th, 2005 12:25 PM
JaggerLips Now if I could only save the diamond onto my computer!!!!
July 30th, 2005 12:32 PM
The Wick I just got it from Itunes and all I can say is: at bloody last. Thank God for this one. This is what we've all been waiting for. Showing these wannabe's how to play the blues. Solid lyrics to go with the song as well. Hopefully the album will be more like this as opposed to Streets of Shite. I loved the Whoa Yeah. It brings back images from the Checkerboard Lounge and Jagger singing with Muddy Waters.
July 30th, 2005 12:39 PM
Gazza reminds of me their '68 version of "Still a Fool" actually..
July 30th, 2005 01:21 PM
KeepRigid Now if they'd just release the studio version of ONNYA, we'd have a nice little EP to tide us over.
July 30th, 2005 02:55 PM
gimmekeef If you dont like this one..well how can u say you like the Stones!..Stunning....the vocal toward the end sound so much Like Muddy...Keith's guitar(s) are incredible....modern blues!!!...Honkin on Bobo you say?...right!!!!!move over Tyler the boys are back and howlin!!!!!!!!
July 30th, 2005 03:29 PM
Maxlugar Yeah the vocal gets better as the song goes on. Authentic Mick Jagger. He stretches it out a few times and he's still got it. He is the only one of his era that still sounds exactly the same as his first album. Astounding man with unreal talent.
July 30th, 2005 03:32 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Yeah the vocal gets better as the song goes on. Authentic Mick Jagger. He stretches it out a few times and he's still got it. He is the only one of his era that still sounds exactly the same as his first album. Astounding man with unreal talent.

what a post
July 30th, 2005 03:32 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Honkin on Bobo you say?...right!!!!!move over Tyler the boys are back and howlin!!!!!!!!

wtf

aerosmith couldn't hold a candle to the Stones farts

this sounds a bit treasonous
July 30th, 2005 03:33 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Yeah the vocal gets better as the song goes on. Authentic Mick Jagger. He stretches it out a few times and he's still got it. He is the only one of his era that still sounds exactly the same as his first album. Astounding man with unreal talent.

That's true
July 30th, 2005 04:08 PM
T&A
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

wtf

aerosmith couldn't hold a candle to the Stones farts

this sounds a bit treasonous

I think you misunderstood - he was praising our boys....
July 30th, 2005 04:17 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
T&A wrote:

I think you misunderstood - he was praising our boys....

I understood him and I don't think the Stones were/are in any danger over Tyler and co

aerosmith sucks
July 30th, 2005 04:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Yeah the vocal gets better as the song goes on. Authentic Mick Jagger. He stretches it out a few times and he's still got it. He is the only one of his era that still sounds exactly the same as his first album.

"She's The Boss"?? I hope not!
July 30th, 2005 05:09 PM
IzzyStradlin
quote:

aerosmith sucks

AMEN!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)