ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Omaha Rumors Persist .............. Return to archive
July 27th, 2005 04:12 PM
Joey
Hello My Stonesian Kin ..............................

A local radio station here in town INSISTS the Rolling Stones WILL perform sometime soon in Omaha , NE 's Brand Spanking New , Twenty Thousand Seat , State - of - the - Art QWEST CENTER ARENA

http://www.z92.com/index.asp?Action=0&SubLink=42

Developing ............................

Joey ! ™

July 27th, 2005 04:27 PM
nankerphelge It's that Cooper guy -- lyin' again!
July 27th, 2005 04:30 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
It's that Cooper guy -- lyin' again!

Nanky .....................................

This Fall !!!!!

Come to Joey .........

JB & Fiji are going to the Omaha gig ..... and you ?!?!
July 27th, 2005 05:07 PM
nankerphelge Can't -- I got a hot date:

Japanese scientists have unveiled the most human-looking robot yet devised - a "female" android called Repliee Q1.

She has flexible silicone for skin rather than hard plastic, and a number of sensors and motors to allow her to turn and react in a human-like manner.

She can flutter her eyelids and move her hands like a human. She even appears to breathe.
July 27th, 2005 05:11 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Can't -- I got a hot date:

You make Joey weep and shit liquid !!!!

July 27th, 2005 05:19 PM
Lil Brian
quote:
Joey wrote:
A local radio station here in town INSISTS the Rolling Stones WILL perform sometime soon in Omaha , NE 's Brand Spanking New , Twenty Thousand Seat , State - of - the - Art QWEST CENTER

I did not know that!

Btw, Johnny Carson's estate just donated another $5,000,000 to the University of Nebraska's theatre department...
July 27th, 2005 05:30 PM
Joey
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:

I did not know that!

Btw, Johnny Carson's estate just donated another $5,000,000 to the University of Nebraska's theatre department...

Damn Straight Lil' Bri ....................

|
|
|
|
V

July 27th, 2005 06:12 PM
Child of the Moon Joey, if - and WHEN - they come to Omaha, I will be there with you. And I will nuzzle you ever so lightly.

YYYYES!!!
July 28th, 2005 09:17 AM
Joey
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Joey, if - and WHEN - they come to Omaha, I will be there with you. And I will nuzzle you ever so lightly.

Bless You Child Of The Moon !

You are much loved by THIS Joeykins !

Joeykins ! ™
July 28th, 2005 09:31 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Japanese scientists have unveiled the most human-looking robot yet devised - a "female" android called Repliee Q1.

She has flexible silicone for skin rather than hard plastic, and a number of sensors and motors to allow her to turn and react in a human-like manner.

She can flutter her eyelids and move her hands like a human. She even appears to breathe.

Yeah I saw that on Drudge. It reminded me of Anton LaVey's comments that one day we would all be able to indulge all of our sadomasochist fantasys with androids.
July 28th, 2005 10:17 AM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Yeah I saw that on Drudge. It reminded me of Anton LaVey's comments that one day we would all be able to indulge all of our sadomasochist fantasys with androids.

July 28th, 2005 11:49 AM
scratched
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Does she put out?
July 28th, 2005 01:02 PM
Jumping Jack They put out, but get headaches on Saturday after which their batteries run low.
July 28th, 2005 02:04 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
They put out, but get headaches on Saturday after which their batteries run low.

You make Joey giggle .
July 28th, 2005 09:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
scratched wrote:
Does she put out?

Well, what do you think they're making them for?
July 29th, 2005 09:18 AM
Joey
quote:

Well, what do you think they're making them for?

Pure Genius .
July 29th, 2005 09:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels "Valerie" High End Pleasure Android (TL8)

A GURPS TL8 Pleasure Android, designed with GURPS Robots
Version 1.0
Some of the very rich trust only a machine when it comes to intimate matters, others own a pleasure android simply because they can afford one. Whatever the reason is to own one, these are expensive and exclusive toys, the best technology can provide for that matter.

The Valerie pleasure android is available in any combination of six different body frames, sixty-five head frames, five skin tones, three skin textures, thirty hair colors, ten hair textures, eight eye colors, and four breast types. Individual custom orders, like modeling the android to duplicate a living person (only legal with documented consent of that person or a specific license), are possible but take several weeks for delivery.

Adventure Seeds
There are several possible roles for these robots in an adventure:
A Valerie can be stolen like any valuable property. And the price makes it reasonable to hire some investigators to track the android down and recover her. For a added bigger scale a whole organization of robot kidnappers might be behind this. Maybe its the producer itself, because demand is higher than can be satisfied. And "recycling" the androids is even more profitable than building new ones.

Since the programming of the neural net develops the Valerie has a distinctive "personality" after a while. Someone might get psychologically addicted to a Valerie, making him dependent on her charms and services. Altering and/or stealing this "personality" (and the backups) might be used for extorting money or services from or for subtle manipulation of the addict. The victim, in turn, might react as if his loved one is a living being and start a crusade of revenge.

If the android is the only "person" that comes near a particular victim, it might be used for some fiendish murder scheme, maybe even creating some kind of accident with dangerous but voluntary entertainment practices. In a simpler variant the Valerie might simply be used as spy "drone" that can move inconspicuously within the vicinity of the observed person.

Some not-so-well informed kidnappers might abduct a Valerie without realizing that she is not human. That might lead to quite funny episodes when the android is calling for help with her radio communicator and the owner or the authorities decide to continue the farce, using the android to spy on the criminals.

Imagine one of your player characters encounters a Valerie in a social situation, say a party on the grounds of a billionaire, and innocently falls in love with her. She is the perfect woman but "her father" (the owner) keeps her like in a golden prison. The Valerie might even encourage the character to "rescue" her, because games involving this are part of her usual flirting routine.

Who would look into a pleasure android for treasures or valuable data? Storing it there might have some advantages in the eyes of it owner, tough. One day a player character might find out that he (or she) inherited a Valerie. Any other wealth was seized by the bank and they would have take the Valerie, too, weren't it for the fact that a "used pleasure toy" is under the dignity of this decent men. After some amazement about the behavior of this android and the possible conclusions about the vices of the old man that owned her before it might reveal its secret payload.

While it is possible for a TL 8 robot to impersonate a human being if the expectations are not too high, it would be really tricky to simulate a robot. If a character with high acting skill and sufficient good looks masquerades as a Valerie she might be able to enter secure areas that are near to impossible to reach without raising attention. The special VIP service in an expensive hotel might provide Valerie models for selected customers. And only these robots frequently cross the security guards without close examination...

Brain: Standard Brain with the compact, genius, high-capacity, neural net and reflex booster +3 options (20 lbs., 0,4 cf, $1,890,000, LR 5, 70 points). Complexity 4.
Sensors: Basic Sensors (2 lbs., 0.04 cf, $10,000)
Communicator: Basic Communicator with superior voice (1 lb., 0.02 cf, $3,000, 25 points).
Arm Motors: Two ST 10 Arm Motors, (4 lbs., each 0.04 cf, $8,000, 0,1 KW).
Drivetrain: Two Legs, motive Power 0.3 KW (18 lbs., each 0.18 cf, $3,600, LR 6).
Weapons: ST 2 crushing jaw (0.2 lb., 0.004 cf, $800, 0.02 KW, LR 6, 5 points).
Power System: Power requirement 0.42 KW. Energy Bank using rE cell (20 lbs., 0.2 cf, $2,000, KWS 180,000, 20 points). Endurance 119h, 5 points.
Subassemblies: One head, two arms, two legs.
Arm Design: Two identical arms: Each housing arm motor (0.04 cf). Total volume 0.04 cf each.
Head Design: Sensors (0.04 cf), communicator, crushing jaw and empty space (0.056 cf), total volume 0.12 cf.
Body Design: Brain (0.4 cf), Energy Bank (0.2 cf), empty space (0.4 cf), waste space for head rotation (0.02 cf), volume 1.02 cf.
Leg Design: Two identical legs: Leg drivetrain (0.18 cf) and empty space (0.13 cf), total volume 0.31 cf. each.
Surface Area: Head 1.5, each arm 1, each leg 3, body 6, total surface area 15.5.
Structure: TL 8 light expensive flexible frame (34.875 lbs., $7,750).
Hit Points: Body 5, each arm 2, each leg 2, head 1.
Armor and Threat Protection: DR 3 nonrigid armor (1.86 lbs., $4,650, 10 points). Waterproof ($15.5, LR 6).
Biomorphics: Realistic Flesh (7.75 lbs., $6,200). Very Beautiful Appearance ($3,875, LR 6, 25 points). Sex Implant ($8,000).
Statistics: 109.7 lbs., (0.0648425 tons), 1.84 cf, 168 cm, $1,947,890, body ST 10, arm ST 10, DX 12 [20], IQ 8 [-15], HT 12/5 [-15], Ground Speed 8.6 [10]. Cannot float [-5]. Legality Rating 6. Model Point Cost 155.

Players are advised to make themselves familiar with GURPS Robots before playing one. At least they should make sure they know why some of their components are worth some character points.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
July 29th, 2005 10:00 AM
Joey [quote]Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"Valerie" High End Pleasure Android (TL8)

I prefer the ' natural ' look ! :

July 29th, 2005 10:05 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
[I prefer the ' natural ' look ! :

Well, they're customized. What ever you want.
July 29th, 2005 10:06 AM
Joey
quote:

July 29th, 2005 10:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
July 29th, 2005 10:23 AM
Joey
Somewhere in New York City ......................

............. a clown is very HAPPY !

|
|
|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]
July 29th, 2005 10:28 AM
FPM C10
quote:

Ooooh! Can I get one of THESE??

HUBBA!

July 29th, 2005 02:58 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Ooooh! Can I get one of THESE??

HUBBA!

BAD MONKEY !!!!!!

BAD !!!!

J. Flacky !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)