ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Has Keith lost his integrity? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 27th, 2005 02:17 PM
morocco I love the Stones more than anybody and I think Keith Richards is the heart and soul of the Rolling Stones. But do you think he's still in it for the music?

My fear is that he's somewhere with his friends in secret, saying, "It's all about the money boys."
July 27th, 2005 02:20 PM
jb Keith is no different than Mick...both have alwasy been money hungry, cut-throat , business men. Don't think for a second Keith is in it only for the music.
July 27th, 2005 02:31 PM
Jair Mick said once: WE are on this (music) because the money, what else???

July 27th, 2005 02:33 PM
hotlicks WELL IF HE WAS IN IT FOR THE MUSIC I WOULD EXPECT A LITTLE MORE MUSIC THAN ONE ALBUM IN EIGHT YEARS !!!
July 27th, 2005 02:35 PM
jb Keith is a sad parody of a once great guitarist...he still talks the talk, but can't walk the walk....he plays like a sissy, sings boring ballads, and pisses on anyone who ever did anything great for the band, including his lead singer. He is a washed up old lady.
July 27th, 2005 02:37 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Keith is no different than Mick...both have alwasy been money hungry, cut-throat , business men. Don't think for a second Keith is in it only for the music.

\

And jb chases ambulances because he loves it

Keith loves the music. When you are worth $300 million plus with checks coming in the mail daily from something you did 30 years ago you still do it for the music

July 27th, 2005 02:38 PM
gimmekeef But he seems so much happier than you jb!
July 27th, 2005 02:48 PM
Jair
quote:
jb wrote:
Keith is a sad parody of a once great guitarist...he still talks the talk, but can't walk the walk....he plays like a sissy, sings boring ballads, and pisses on anyone who ever did anything great for the band, including his lead singer. He is a washed up old lady.

Wow! I'm impressed. Very brave statement!!!

July 27th, 2005 02:49 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
But he seems so much happier than you jb!

That's the big misconception here..I am very happy!!! I just like to focus on the ticket sales/album sales, legacy stuff...that stuff, imo, is interesting. Plus I miss Mick Taylor still after 30 yrs!!!
July 27th, 2005 02:50 PM
jb
quote:
Jair wrote:

Wow! I'm impressed. Very brave statement!!!

Thank you my Brzilain friend.....Keith has too long gotten a free ride..we all know who has carried this band since 89 forward...MJ!!!
July 27th, 2005 02:54 PM
z I think he lost his nails...

July 27th, 2005 02:55 PM
morocco I'm looking for one great intro riff on this new album to vindicate Keith as a great rock writer. One great riff. Is that too much to ask from a Stones album?
July 27th, 2005 02:55 PM
gimmekeef Ok well...I guess I've reconciled their legacy a long time ago.Its all subjective anyway and open to discussion from all sides.They've thrilled me for years and I'm happy there still here tryin even if I know the results cant be what they were.Yes I miss those 72 days too..waitin three days on the conctere to buy tix for $6 ea!....But I enjoy what we have now too....I'm givin Keith a big pass cause I love his entire work so much and he owes me nothin!...just hopin Infamy is his last big kick at the can...but it wont kill me if it isnt...
July 27th, 2005 02:56 PM
jb
quote:
z wrote:
I think he lost his nails...

One of the new songs on the album is a Keith Ballad(surprise!!!) "This place is empty"...it will fit very well inti the ticket sales/his set.
July 27th, 2005 03:03 PM
ListenToTheLion Agreed but it isn't polite either to go to the loo when Keith sings his songs...
July 27th, 2005 03:23 PM
gimmekeef Well this tour we'll have a choice..I'm gettin a beer etc during Streets of Love!
July 27th, 2005 03:25 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Keith is a sad parody of a once great guitarist...he still talks the talk, but can't walk the walk....he plays like a sissy, sings boring ballads, and pisses on anyone who ever did anything great for the band, including his lead singer. He is a washed up old lady.

Post of the month!
July 27th, 2005 06:10 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
z wrote:

Maybe he's lost his nails from the hardcore guitar strumming on the new album?
Maybe Keith's going to be on it this tour?
Ronnie was on it when I saw them in Manchester for the Licks Tour.
Had nothing bad to say about them that night, they were out of this world!
July 27th, 2005 06:14 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
z wrote:

Oh, geezus... don't ever post that pic again. That one particularly bloated knuckle makes me want to lose the lunch I haven't had yet.
July 27th, 2005 06:16 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

My insider sources tell me Keith is going to kick your ass!
I hope your security can beat Keiths security. We all know Keith can kick your ass!
July 27th, 2005 06:19 PM
oldkr get me a band aid! my hands are all cut up from the playing! but i dont wanna damp these strings!

keith hasnt lost his integrity, he never had any he's a guitar player not Mozart for fucks sake!

jb is the washed up old lady around here and he knows it!

July 27th, 2005 06:29 PM
JaggerLips That swollen finger of Keith's might have some pretty good uses
Nudge nudge wink wink, say no more say no more!
(Eric Idle, Nudge Nudge Wink Wink Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus)
July 27th, 2005 06:41 PM
pdog
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
That swollen finger of Keith's might have some pretty good uses
Nudge nudge wink wink, say no more say no more!
(Eric Idle, Nudge Nudge Wink Wink Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus)

That's dirty.
I like it!
July 28th, 2005 12:49 AM
Bitch Is that a current pic of KEITH's fingers? It's making me worry about his hands, can they heal up while they continue to rehearse? (it looks painful)

...on another note...

Why do people bash the STONES for being financially successful? They deserve it. They've worked hard and are entitled to make as much money as they can. They did not make good financial decisions early in their careers and are now making up for it! Just because they're making great money, it doesn't mean they don't love the music. It's not either the money or the music.
July 28th, 2005 12:54 AM
T&A
quote:
jb wrote:

Tell how you really feel, Josh.

Actually - it pains me to say there is "some" truth to this. Interesting that nobody really gets on Josh when he makes an inflamatory post like this - but I tell you I don't like RJ and I'm the second coming of Bin Laden....double standard.
July 28th, 2005 01:12 AM
z
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Is that a current pic of KEITH's fingers?

yes. it's a close up from this one:

[Edited by z]
July 28th, 2005 01:21 AM
T&A but it's the index finger first knuckle on his left (fretting) finger that really is worrisome. look at that sucker!
July 28th, 2005 01:22 AM
T&A
quote:
T&A wrote:
but it's the index finger first knuckle on his left (fretting) hand that really is worrisome. look at that sucker!

July 28th, 2005 01:27 AM
beer
quote:
T&A wrote:

Tell how you really feel, Josh.

Actually - it pains me to say there is "some" truth to this. Interesting that nobody really gets on Josh when he makes an inflamatory post like this - but I tell you I don't like RJ and I'm the second coming of Bin Laden....double standard.

This shit is expected from jb. most take it with a grain of salt. He would hate anything the Stones do nowadays. But it is strange that he is going to see a band that he thinks sucks.

And, why would hating RJ makes you feel like Bin Laden? I appreciate your opinion. But i would love to hear what you think is better than RJ in the Stones recent (last 20 years!) catalog, and why...

-
July 28th, 2005 02:05 AM
Brainbell Jangler It appears that joshie has changed his schtick. A few years ago, it was always "Real Stones fans hate the Beatles." Now it's "Real Stones fans hate the Stones."
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)