ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "A Bigger Bang" - cover and track listing Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
July 28th, 2005 11:54 PM
kath that man back there is the one i said looks like criswell. i also see what looks like the glimmer twins next to mick???

besides the pee wee image, of course....
July 29th, 2005 05:09 AM
thejuf update from Virgin Records, via Forty Licks Fanclub:

there will be no SACD release.
July 29th, 2005 06:08 AM
Yyteri Beach According to www.fortylicksfanclub.com there will be a 2LP version. YIPPEE!!!
Hope that's correct...
July 29th, 2005 06:28 AM
thejuf Virgin Records told me so yesterday. This source can't be any more reliable, can it?
July 29th, 2005 06:36 AM
Yyteri Beach thejuf, You're right. If Virgin records told that, then it must be reliable source.... Great.
First to buy that 7" and then the LP. Can't wait that long...
July 29th, 2005 07:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
Here's what I think these songs will sound like.

1 Rough Justice - we've already heard it so we know.
2 Let Me Down Slow - A mid tempo rocker/blues track.
3 It Won’t Take Long - Fast tempo rocker.
4 Rain Fall Down - Mid to fast tempo bluesy rocker.
5 Streets Of Love - we've already heard it so we know.
6 Back Of My Hand - Snappy little rocker, Charlie to rock on this one.
7 She Saw Me Coming - Mick song, mid to fast tempo rocker
8 Biggest Mistake - Fast tempo rocker, has Mick all over it.
9 This Place Is Empty - Keith ballad.
10 Oh No, Not You Again -We've already heard it so we all know.
11 Dangerous Beauty - Fast tempo rocker.
12 Laugh, I Nearly Died - Mid tempo blues.
13 Sweet Neo Con - Snappy rocker, Highwiresque.
14 Look What The Cat Dragged In - Various tempo rocker/ blues
15 Driving Too Fast - Fast rocker.
16 Infamy, Keith ROCKER PLEASE!

Ahem...

quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
This is getting ridiculous, we are clutching at straws as to what each songs is going to be like, purely based on the song title.

here y'go...have one on me

[Edited by Gazza]
July 29th, 2005 07:28 AM
Gazza for what its worth, its been confirmed that "back of my hand" is a blues song
July 29th, 2005 07:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

CRISWELL!!!

"We are all interested in the future, because that is where we will spend the rest of our lives!"

His GREATEST role is Orgy of the Dead.

"Torture! Torture! It pleasures me!"
"A pussy cat was born to be whupped!"

And so much more!

[Edited by FPM C10]

didnt Criswell 'predict' that the US would be invaded by aliens by around 1980?

oh wait....
July 29th, 2005 08:47 AM
gslinger
Good morning I thought neo con was not going to be put
on the album because of it's polictal slant on ms. rice
or is that just in the states. if so is this another
Ciaudine?
July 29th, 2005 08:57 AM
BILL PERKS [quote]FPM C10 wrote:

Hi Steamy!

You're right. (Well, you WERE right until you deleted your post!) In fact, I think I read somewhere that Woody didn't become a partner in the "business", on a par financially with Bill & Charlie, until the '81 tour.

WOODY ONLY GOT MADE A PARTNER PRIOR TO JAPAN 1990!
July 29th, 2005 09:44 AM
Madafaka Update on A Bigger Bang (28/07/2005)

The album: Virgin/EMI confirm that there will be only one version with one cover of the album. There have been talks about an extra version with an additional short DVD, but that so far it has been no-go. There will be 2LP vinyl version though.

As to the single Streets Of Love / Rough Justice : there will be a 7" red vinyl limited edition and a 2 track cd-single in a carton box. In Great Britain a 2 track cd-single will be released in a jewel case .

Although the release is due on 5 September, Amazon.com has already put it up for sale. It will be shipped after 6 September.

Thanks to FortyLicksFanClub
July 29th, 2005 10:25 AM
Gazza
quote:
gslinger wrote:

Good morning I thought neo con was not going to be put
on the album because of it's polictal slant on ms. rice
or is that just in the states. if so is this another
Ciaudine?

it was just speculation, it would seem - as is the content of the song until we see the lyrics

same track listing in all markets
July 29th, 2005 12:19 PM
gslinger

Hey Gazza thanks for the info I would hate to think mick
and keith were afraid of our pinhead prez.
Again thanks for the feedback
July 29th, 2005 01:33 PM
wgwalsh
quote:
trevcourt wrote:
D. Jones is not on the cover.

He's been in the band for 10 years but is consistently left out of all press. Did Bill have some legal right to be the only bass player ever in the Rolling Stones? I've asked this question before, but WTF is going on?

Though it would be cool, I doubt that they will do a band photo cover. Not unless they are all sprawled out in bright neon suits.
[Edited by trevcourt]

D. Jones blows Wyman away.

Wyman has become a very bitter person.

D. Jones remains humble.

Wyman should check his ego, because without the Stones, no body probably would know him from the refuse collector.

Go ahead Wyman, get a gun, scare the shit out of everyone. Remember that album, I mean rubbish.
July 29th, 2005 01:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot If Brian Jones heard Streets Of Love, he would roll outta his grave and bitchslap Mick. He'd bitchslap him hard. 'Til his arm fell off.

I am diggin' the alleged "cover". It is so absurd...but in a good way.
July 29th, 2005 01:45 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
If Brian Jones heard Streets Of Love, he would roll outta his grave and bitchslap Mick. He'd bitchslap him hard. 'Til his arm fell off.

I am diggin' the alleged "cover". It is so absurd...but in a good way.

well Brian made the same poppy shit, and wasn't a great songwriter
[Edited by Moonisup]
July 29th, 2005 01:46 PM
Monkey Woman Brian's both arms already fell off when he saw what they made of his bust.
July 29th, 2005 03:57 PM
FPM C10
quote:
gslinger wrote:

I would hate to think mick
and keith were afraid of our pinhead prez.

They have no need to be...they're not American citizens!
July 29th, 2005 04:23 PM
gimmekeef That wouldnt stop Rumsfeld from having them stashed at Guantanamo Bay for years.....
July 30th, 2005 12:51 AM
time is on my side
quote:
Gazza wrote:

1 Rough Justice
2 Let Me Down Slow
3 It Won’t Take Long
4 Rain Fall Down
5 Streets Of Love
6 Back Of My Hand
7 She Saw Me Coming
8 Biggest Mistake
9 This Place Is Empty
10 Oh No, Not You Again
11 Dangerous Beauty
12 Laugh, I Nearly Died
13 Sweet Neo Con
14 Look What The Cat Dragged In
15 Driving Too Fast
16 Infamy

Released: 05/09/2005
Cat #: CDV3012
Barcode: 0094633006720

www.101cd.com

Just noticed this (I've been out of town on a business trip). Unbelieveable information and quite exciting that a release date has been announced. Also noticed there are a total of 16 songs. To me that's not necessarily a good thing in that I was hoping for a 45 minute album and not one of those hour plus type CD's where the filler weighs down the impact of the album. I guess it all depends on the quality of the songs. It could be that they have an hours worth of quality material. In which case, there's no problem. We will all find out soon enough.

From what I've heard so far, I'm getting cautiously optimistic this could be a very good album (not great in that so far I haven't heard any great songs just a couple of very good ones so I figure that's where the album could be headed- the Jagger ballad is strictly filler and is what worries me about there being 16 songs).

July 30th, 2005 10:17 AM
Jumacfly To be honest I m surprised by Charlie on the new tracks..how powerfull he sounds, man that' s a fucking , sorry,that's the fucking greatest drummer of the world!!!
July 30th, 2005 10:33 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

6 Back Of My Hand - Snappy little rocker, Charlie to rock on this one.

LOL Just shows you how wrong you can be sometimes!
Back of My Hand- Blues number sung by Mick, with slow guitars.
July 30th, 2005 02:57 PM
kath
quote:
didnt Criswell 'predict' that the US would be invaded by aliens by around 1980?

oh wait....

hilarious post!!!!! yeah, maybe ol' criswell wasn't as wacked as previously thunk.....thunken?....thucked??

July 30th, 2005 03:02 PM
blackandblue quote:
If Brian Jones heard Streets Of Love, he would roll outta his grave and bitchslap Mick. He'd bitchslap him hard. 'Til his arm fell off.

Wrong. If Brian Jones had heard Dirty Work he would have killed Mick Jagger and the rest.
August 1st, 2005 09:20 AM
Jair And what is the frontcover after all? That one in the Stripped style or the other?

Also: We'll have a new CD september 6 and then, a few days after, the same CD + a DVD? When exactly?

Many thanks anyone!

August 1st, 2005 09:23 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Update on A Bigger Bang (28/07/2005)

The album: Virgin/EMI confirm that there will be only one version with one cover of the album. There have been talks about an extra version with an additional short DVD, but that so far it has been no-go. There will be 2LP vinyl version though.

As to the single Streets Of Love / Rough Justice : there will be a 7" red vinyl limited edition and a 2 track cd-single in a carton box. In Great Britain a 2 track cd-single will be released in a jewel case .

Although the release is due on 5 September, Amazon.com has already put it up for sale. It will be shipped after 6 September.

Thanks to FortyLicksFanClub

Read this Jair!
August 1st, 2005 09:26 AM
Jair Muchas gracias, amigo!
August 1st, 2005 04:18 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Ahem...

here y'go...have one on me

[Edited by Gazza]

LOL Now come on you know I was taking the Mick out of myself! LOL
August 1st, 2005 06:44 PM
trevcourt
quote:
wgwalsh wrote:

D. Jones blows Wyman away.

Wyman has become a very bitter person.

D. Jones remains humble.

Wyman should check his ego, because without the Stones, no body probably would know him from the refuse collector.

Go ahead Wyman, get a gun, scare the shit out of everyone. Remember that album, I mean rubbish.

What did Bill ever do to you? (Except quit the Stones)
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)