ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "A Bigger Bang" - cover and track listing Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
July 27th, 2005 01:05 PM
luxury1 Mick is looking like David Johansen in the first shot, at least from afar...
Cool photos, both of them.
I love the internet.
July 27th, 2005 01:06 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Close but no cigar... It's definitively a masculine noun about feminine parts! Weird!

But yeah, it may still be about a "gorge" (profonde, naturally) and the kind of "bush" that some ladies like to munch, reportedly...

Thanks for the masculine clarification.

And you managed to fit in a cigar reference in the midst of this bush (con) & George Bush (President) talk.

July 27th, 2005 01:31 PM
souldoggie This cover is great. I like how it's two shots of those guys, and not a reflection. Looks like they're having a little fun this time around.
July 27th, 2005 01:43 PM
nankerphelge With the exception of Black & Blue, I have never been a fan of straight pics of the band on covers. I prefer something like Some Girls and Exile.

As long as the innards are good tho...
July 27th, 2005 01:53 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. post deleted
[Edited by Steamboat Bill, Jr.]
July 27th, 2005 01:58 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:
post deleted
[Edited by Steamboat Bill, Jr.]

Hi Steamy!

You're right. (Well, you WERE right until you deleted your post!) In fact, I think I read somewhere that Woody didn't become a partner in the "business", on a par financially with Bill & Charlie, until the '81 tour.

No way is ANYONE else getting on the gravy train at this late date! Darryl gets, what, 20 grand a night? I'd do it for half that!
[Edited by FPM C10]
July 27th, 2005 02:08 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. Hi FPM!

I deleted the post because, without thinking, I replied to the guy's post back on the first page not realizing this is the third page and the Bill/Daryl discussion had been finished.

I just bought the W. C. Fields Comedy Collection!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002MHDY2/qid=1122487523/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-5867925-5390569?v=glance&s=dvd
Not the best selection of Fields movies (You Can't Cheat an Honest Man has too much Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy, and Fields shares the spotlight in some of the others) but at least It's a Gift is finally on DVD!

Cumquats!
July 27th, 2005 02:24 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:
I just bought the W. C. Fields Comedy Collection!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002MHDY2/qid=1122487523/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-5867925-5390569?v=glance&s=dvd
Not the best selection of Fields movies (You Can't Cheat an Honest Man has too much Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy, and Fields shares the spotlight in some of the others) but at least It's a Gift is finally on DVD!

Cumquats!

That looks GREAT!

Agree about Charlie McCarthy. Worthless! At least Fields' great work isn't as cluttered with detritus as the Marx Brothers, who always had to put up with icky musical numbers AND tacked-on romantic sideplots that no one cared about. I would prefer Never Give A Sucker An Even Break.

I LOVE It's a Gift!! Also sort of psyched to see International House included because it contains Cab Calloway and his Callomaniacs doing "Reefer Man", and I also love Bela Lugosi.

I have to get this!
July 27th, 2005 03:08 PM
moy Rolling Stones' "A Bigger Bang" hits stores Sept. 6 !
ROLLING STONES TITLE NEW CD AND WORLD TOUR A BIGGER BANG

FIRST ALL-NEW STUDIO ALBUM IN 8 YEARS TO BE RELEASED SEPTEMBER 6th on VIRGIN RECORDS

TOUR KICKOFF AUGUST 21st AT FENWAY PARK IN BOSTON

NEW YORK, N.Y. -- The Rolling Stones new CD, A Bigger Bang, will be released September 6, 2005 on Virgin Records. Continuing their historic songwriting partnership, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards began the creative process last autumn and were later joined in the recording studio by Charlie Watts and Ron Wood. A Bigger Bang features all new songs, and is the first studio album by The Rolling Stones since the 1997 platinum-certified Bridges to Babylon. While in the studio recording the album last year, the band came up with the title "A Bigger Bang" reflecting their fascination with the scientific theory about the origin of the universe.

A Bigger Bang is an ambitious, wide-ranging collection of hard-hitting, high-powered rock and blues songs. Running a full sixteen tracks, it is the band's longest new album since 1972's Exile on Main Street. Key cuts include "Streets Of Love," the first international single; "Rough Justice," which will be targeted to U.S. rock radio formats; and "Back Of My Hand," a raw, rough-edged new song in the classic Rolling Stones blues style. Other titles include "It Won't Take Long," "Laugh, I Nearly Died" and "Rain Fall Down" as well as two tracks featuring Keith Richards' lead vocal, "This Place Is Empty," and "Infamy."

A Bigger Bang was produced by Don Was and The Glimmer Twins. Was previously co-produced the Rolling Stones studio albums Voodoo Lounge (1994) and Bridges to Babylon (1997) as well as the new songs included in the greatest-hits collection Forty Licks (2002). Was also co-produced the live album Stripped (1995), and last year's critically-hailed double-CD Live Licks.

The release of A Bigger Bang follows the August 21st tour kickoff at Fenway Park, in Boston. The Rolling Stones will once again bring fans electrifying performances and state-of-the art stage production. Ticket sales have reached record highs, with fans already purchasing 97% of all tickets currently available for sale.

A new song from A Bigger Bang, "Oh No, Not You Again," was previewed in the band's surprise live set on the balcony of New York's Juilliard School in May, at the announcement of the tour. Following the completion of 35 scheduled dates in U.S and Canada, the band will then tour Mexico, South America, the Far East, New Zealand, Australia, and finally Europe, in the summer of 2006.

The Rolling Stones hold the record for the top 2 most-attended North American tours of all time. The U.S. leg of the Rolling Stones "A Bigger Bang" tour is presented by Ameriquest Mortgage Company. The Rolling Stones' "A Bigger Bang" world tour is presented by Concert Productions International and produced by WPC Piecemeal Inc.
July 27th, 2005 03:18 PM
jb The release of A Bigger Bang follows the August 21st tour kickoff at Fenway Park, in Boston. The Rolling Stones will once again bring fans electrifying performances and state-of-the art stage production. Ticket sales have reached record highs, with fans already purchasing 97% of all tickets currently available for sale.
LMFAO!!!!
July 27th, 2005 03:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Darryl gets, what, 20 grand a night? I'd do it for half that!<

You'd do the job twice as well too!

July 27th, 2005 03:39 PM
Madafaka Artwork is simply EXCELLENT!
July 27th, 2005 03:52 PM
pdog This fucking rocks.......
July 27th, 2005 03:52 PM
ListenToTheLion I hope they choose this one:

The second one is too much Harry Potter like !
July 27th, 2005 03:54 PM
Madafaka I don't think so. That's just a pic.
ARTWORK TBC (to be confirmed).
July 27th, 2005 03:55 PM
69 Chevy There was a lot of press on who would replace Mick Taylor and when Woody signed on, but it was almost twenty years before he recieved a band's share of the profits. He did make covers from "Black and Blue" on.
July 27th, 2005 04:08 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT Listen to Leon, I hope your right... the other one will do i guess... but that one i like much better.
July 27th, 2005 04:23 PM
FPM C10
quote:
eXiLe oN 2nD sT wrote:
Listen to Leon, I hope your right... the other one will do i guess... but that one i like much better.

...perhaps the cool band shot (TBC) will be he back cover...

July 27th, 2005 06:03 PM
Child of the Moon W-w-w-what!? I LOVE this cover!

Although Xyzzy's comparison to Back to the Egg is a slightly disconcerting. But I'll take it in stride if the new album has anything as good as "ROCKESTRA THEME"!
July 27th, 2005 06:20 PM
JaggerLips Here's what I think these songs will sound like.

1 Rough Justice - we've already heard it so we know.
2 Let Me Down Slow - A mid tempo rocker/blues track.
3 It Won’t Take Long - Fast tempo rocker.
4 Rain Fall Down - Mid to fast tempo bluesy rocker.
5 Streets Of Love - we've already heard it so we know.
6 Back Of My Hand - Snappy little rocker, Charlie to rock on this one.
7 She Saw Me Coming - Mick song, mid to fast tempo rocker
8 Biggest Mistake - Fast tempo rocker, has Mick all over it.
9 This Place Is Empty - Keith ballad.
10 Oh No, Not You Again -We've already heard it so we all know.
11 Dangerous Beauty - Fast tempo rocker.
12 Laugh, I Nearly Died - Mid tempo blues.
13 Sweet Neo Con - Snappy rocker, Highwiresque.
14 Look What The Cat Dragged In - Various tempo rocker/ blues
15 Driving Too Fast - Fast rocker.
16 Infamy, Keith ROCKER PLEASE!
July 27th, 2005 07:43 PM
Soldatti
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Maybe this is the single cover, or some photo in the Cd.
July 27th, 2005 09:49 PM
kath it looks like that guy from "plan 9 from outer space"..the amazing somebodyorother....wavy blond hair, couldn't read simple text....you know the guy....

yeah...dat guy!!!!
July 27th, 2005 09:55 PM
FPM C10
quote:
kath wrote:
it looks like that guy from "plan 9 from outer space"..the amazing somebodyorother....wavy blond hair, couldn't read simple text....you know the guy....

yeah...dat guy!!!!

CRISWELL!!!

"We are all interested in the future, because that is where we will spend the rest of our lives!"

His GREATEST role is Orgy of the Dead.

"Torture! Torture! It pleasures me!"
"A pussy cat was born to be whupped!"

And so much more!

[Edited by FPM C10]
July 27th, 2005 10:14 PM
Zulu Fun Mix If "Sweet Neo-Con" is really about Condoleeza Rice, maybe there's an additional entendre and we're supposed to contrast it with "Sweet Black Angel."
July 27th, 2005 10:27 PM
corgi37 Shit, i love the publicity blurb.

"The critically acclaimed Live Licks".

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, i am so excited, i am typing this with exact silicon replicas of Joeys nipples.
July 27th, 2005 11:51 PM
kath yeah...criswell...it looks like his shadowy image back there.....
July 28th, 2005 09:30 AM
Madafaka The man behind Keith;

Thank you very much Cleik from Banquete de Pordioseros (http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2215&start=15)
July 28th, 2005 07:21 PM
Yyteri Beach Great to see Stones finally getting a studio album together. Hope it's fantastic..

And I wish they release it also as an LP. Have you heard any news about that?

LP rules...
July 28th, 2005 07:27 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Yyteri Beach wrote:
Great to see Stones finally getting a studio album together. Hope it's fantastic..

And I wish they release it also as an LP. Have you heard any news about that?

LP rules...

There will be a vinyl version of the album and of the 1st single! News posted in this thread by thejuf from Forty Licks Fanclub:

http://novogate.com/board/968/213693-2.html

quote:
here is the update on information I received from Virgin/EMI and I have just added to the Forty Licks Fanclub website:

The album: Virgin/EMI confirm that there will be only one version with one cover of the album. There have been talks about releasing an extra version with an additional short DVD, but that has been cancelled. There will be 2LP vinyl version though.
As to the single Streets Of Love / Rough Justice : there will be a 7" red vinyl limited edition and a 2 track cd-single in a carton box. A 2 track cd-single will be released in a jewel case in Great Britain.
July 28th, 2005 09:41 PM
Soldatti Thanks Madafaka, the cover is so strange.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)