ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "A Bigger Bang" - cover and track listing Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
July 27th, 2005 10:32 AM
Gazza

1 Rough Justice
2 Let Me Down Slow
3 It Won’t Take Long
4 Rain Fall Down
5 Streets Of Love
6 Back Of My Hand
7 She Saw Me Coming
8 Biggest Mistake
9 This Place Is Empty
10 Oh No, Not You Again
11 Dangerous Beauty
12 Laugh, I Nearly Died
13 Sweet Neo Con
14 Look What The Cat Dragged In
15 Driving Too Fast
16 Infamy

Released: 05/09/2005
Cat #: CDV3012
Barcode: 0094633006720

www.101cd.com
July 27th, 2005 10:35 AM
Gazza For trivia buffs, technically, this will be the SIXTH album in a row featuring new studio material that ends with Keith on vocals (including 40 Licks). could it be another ballad??

(I know Mean Disposition ended VL, but it was actually a bonus track)

needless to say, that artwork is "TBC" = to be confirmed. However, its good to see the band on the cover again instead of these pretentious silly covers of late.

"Under The Radar" seems to have been nixed, unless its there under a new title. And, as you can see, "Neo-con" is in.

[Edited by Gazza]
July 27th, 2005 10:41 AM
souldoggie Gazza, that's great. I don't know how you do it, but you get this info fast.

That album cover art is fantastic...I hope it sticks.
July 27th, 2005 10:42 AM
Gazza I just got an e-mail from 101cd.com as I'm on their mailing list
July 27th, 2005 10:42 AM
Monkey Woman "Sweet Neo Con" is a pretty good title, IMO, for a song that is (reportedly) about political hypocrisy. I may be reading too much, but isn't there a double entendre about "con" (as in "con artist")? Multiple meanings: Mick's trademark...
July 27th, 2005 10:44 AM
Jumacfly thanks so much Gazza!!!
you rule !!
July 27th, 2005 10:45 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
That album cover art is fantastic...I hope it sticks.

Oh yes! And on an historic note, that would be the first studio album cover featuring all band members since Dirty Work.
July 27th, 2005 10:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
"Sweet Neo Con" is a pretty good title, IMO, for a song that is (reportedly) about political hypocrisy. I may be reading too much, but isn't there a double entendre about "con" (as in "con artist")? Multiple meanings: Mick's trademark...

I presume you mean the French word "con" which means somethin' else entirely!

would that be a "triple entendre"?
July 27th, 2005 10:46 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I just got an e-mail from 101cd.com as I'm on their mailing list

Congrats are in order! And after a little letting my fingers do the websearch for me, here's a link to their preorder page...

http://www.101cd.com/Music/info.asp?id=814984
July 27th, 2005 10:47 AM
Madafaka Thank you Gazza!
Do you know now why I call you the Stones Bible?
gimmekeef Thanks Gazza...great work as always!...I guess the skeleton is there due to their enormous interest in the evolutionary theory!...lol...I am glad NeoCon is in so we can judge for ourselves what its about and how good it may or may not be.Jeez I hope Infamy isnt a slow see ya later song....wanted it to be real uptempo...!
Mel Belli Since there's no hyphen between "Neo" and "Con," I'm guessing it could be about CONdoleeza Rice, as was rumoured. If so, Steve Earle already beat them to that.
Gazza
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Oh yes! And on an historic note, that would be the first studio album cover featuring all band members since Dirty Work.

yep...

it seems now we get one a decade

76 - Black and blue
86 - Dirty Work
95 - Stripped
05 - A Bigger Bang
July 27th, 2005 10:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Thank you Gazza!
Do you know now why I call you the Stones Bible?

...and on the first day, God created the Rolling Stones

The Rolling Stones - Today, Tomorrow and Forever...

July 27th, 2005 10:50 AM
trevcourt D. Jones is not on the cover.

He's been in the band for 10 years but is consistently left out of all press. Did Bill have some legal right to be the only bass player ever in the Rolling Stones? I've asked this question before, but WTF is going on?

Though it would be cool, I doubt that they will do a band photo cover. Not unless they are all sprawled out in bright neon suits.
[Edited by trevcourt]
July 27th, 2005 10:52 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Great info Gazza

Im not to keen on the front cover first impressions. Its a bit plain.
I was never too keen on the album title either. A Bigger Bang isnt very Stonesy I dont think anyway.

Lets hope the music makes up for all that though
July 27th, 2005 10:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
trevcourt wrote:
D. Jones is not on the cover.

He's been in the band for 10 years but is consistently left out of all press.

probably because he's not a band member and wasnt hired as such.

The Stones are a 4-piece band since Bill left
July 27th, 2005 10:53 AM
souldoggie Mr. Jones is not a Rolling Stone. There's only four in the group now.
July 27th, 2005 10:55 AM
Doxa Jeez, is Jagger adopting the sort of unnatural and ridicule pose as in the cover of Goddess?

- Doxa
July 27th, 2005 10:58 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I presume you mean the French word "con" which means somethin' else entirely!

would that be a "triple entendre"?

LOL! I was thinking about the American slang word "con" (crook) as a double entendre for the "con" as short for "conservative"... But I wouldn't put it past Mick to have mixed in a little bilingual pun too! (1)

And as Mel Belli pointed, there's the Condi Rice reference... Wha't a shitload of entendres...

(1) For those who didn't follow that learned conversation: "con" means in French exactly the same as cunt in English, in the litteral and derived sense... It even caused a little media uproar a few months ago when a visiting English politician used "Neocon" in a discourse given (in French) to assorted French politicians. Most of them understood it in the French sense, not the meaning "Neo-conservative"...
July 27th, 2005 10:59 AM
scratched I doubt that photo will be used on the cover of the album. It looks like Gazza's source has used a publicity photo in lieu of the actual artwork.
July 27th, 2005 11:08 AM
Jumacfly I can see Brian in the background between Mick and Charlie.
July 27th, 2005 11:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

LOL! I was thinking about the American slang word "con" (crook) as a double entendre for the "con" as short for "conservative"... But I wouldn't put it past Mick to have mixed in a little bilingual pun too! (1)
"...

I told you when I saw you in Paris that my written French was still quite good....!
July 27th, 2005 11:10 AM
trevcourt
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Stones are a 4-piece band since Bill left

Not on the albums or at the shows I've seen.

I understand that Keys,Watts, McLagen, Hopkins, Leavell, Blondie, Fischer, Fowler and the assorted cast of support characters they have on stage are not to be considered "in the band". Not even Stu, as his role was established beore the band was band. But Bill was the bass player. He was in the band, so his replacement is in the band. Wood replaced Taylor and no one disputes that he is in the band. And it has nothing to do with their internal money deal - I don't care if he's only getting room and board.

It's debatable, but my opinion is that leaving him out leaves a hole in the picture.

By the way, when Bill quit in 94, my choice to replace him was Bootsy Collins. Now that's an album cover photo, jack!

[Edited by trevcourt]
[Edited by trevcourt]
July 27th, 2005 11:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
trevcourt wrote:

Not on the albums or at the shows I've seen.

well if you use that as your yardstick they were never a five piece either

Bill wasnt "replaced". they decided not to. Fact.
[Edited by Gazza]
July 27th, 2005 11:16 AM
Mel Belli Cover is very "Stripped"-esque.
July 27th, 2005 11:22 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I can see Brian in the background between Mick and Charlie.

He looks better than the statue they unveiled in Cheltenham!
July 27th, 2005 11:27 AM
trevcourt
quote:
Gazza wrote:

well if you use that as your yardstick they were never a five piece either

I detect you debate Bill's input and significance to the Rolling Stones. In that case, DJ may be a more active member than Bill ever was!

It's no big deal one way or the other, it's just strange to not acknowledge the bass player. A rock band has a bass player because a real band plays live. No human, even Keith, can play guitar and bass at the same time. Though I realize there was no press release to announce that Bill was replaced, and the Stones may state offically that he was not replaced, that doesn't change the fact that he was replaced. You don't need it in writing for it to be true.
July 27th, 2005 11:30 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

He looks better than the statue they unveiled in Cheltenham!

or may be it's Bill in the background
great tribute!!
July 27th, 2005 11:39 AM
egon so the 5th right? it's coming out on the 5th?
the 5th of september right? that's like... in 39 days right? right? tell me i'm right!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)