ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones want help with the setlist.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 26th, 2005 12:46 PM
mac_daddy from rs.com email:

the tour kicks off in just over a month's time and the band is already well into rehearsals so now it's time for you to get in on the act.

The Rolling Stones are currently batting around ideas for potential lists for the new tour and they want input from the fans.

*set list from the Licks Tour

Been dying to hear 'Jigsaw Puzzle'? Waiting patiently for 'I Am Waiting'? Want to ensure that 'Wild Horses' stays put? The Stones want to know!

send us your dream set list (in the order you want the songs played) and who knows - maybe you'll hear your set list in concert this tour!

Cheers,

Rollingstones.com

[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 26th, 2005 12:56 PM
nankerphelge 'Bout time!!

July 26th, 2005 12:58 PM
mac_daddy boy - when did they play that setlist..?
July 26th, 2005 01:04 PM
Lazy Bones They didn't. It's a rehearsal setlist. Palais show was 16 August, 2002...
July 26th, 2005 01:31 PM
Jumping Jack I got an error message submitting mine. Must have too many rockers, LOL! Anyone else have trouble?
July 26th, 2005 01:32 PM
Dutch Michael D. what's the RollingStones.com email adress ??? i'll have to send them my GREAT setlist!!!

1. Bitch
2. 100 Years ago
3. Hot Stuff
4. Live with me
5. Fool to vry
6. Let's spend the night together
7. Flip the switch
(---Band introductions---)
8. Keith - T&A
9. Keith - New Song
10. Keith - Before they make me run
11. B-Stage: New Song
12. B-Stage: Love in vain
13. B-Stage: Memory Motel
14. Start me up
15. New Song
16. Shattered
17. Loving Cup
18. hey Negrita
19. Under my thumb
20. Brown sugar
21. Heart breaker
22. Can't you hear me knocking
23. Midnight Rambler (encore)

Great isn't it??? help me with this !!!
[Edited by Dutch Michael D.]
July 26th, 2005 01:32 PM
gimmekeef Yes,,if you change lines even it errors out or sends incomplete list....bty thanks for Clapton cds..Sending Circus asap..been out of town Jumpin Jack..
July 26th, 2005 01:36 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Dutch Michael D. wrote:
what's the RollingStones.com email adress ??? i'll have to send them my GREAT setlist!!!

It's a form you can use after logging in on their website (have to be a member), not a stand-alone email address as such...
July 26th, 2005 01:37 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Dutch Michael D. wrote:
5. Fool to vry

I hope they play THAT one. Make it Fry, even better!
July 26th, 2005 01:53 PM
Dutch Michael D.
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

I hope they play THAT one. Make it Fry, even better!

hahaha i'm sorry angie, but i'm so excited!!! forgive me
July 26th, 2005 01:55 PM
jb We all remember how valid that internet vote was..LMAO...can we chose the Club show lists? ahahahahahahhahahahha
[Edited by jb]
July 26th, 2005 01:59 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
We all remember how valid that internet vote was..LMAO...can we chose the Club show lists? ahahahahahahhahahahha
[Edited by jb]

good call! That was a farce too
let's vote for the difficult songs
July 26th, 2005 02:01 PM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

good call! That was a farce too
let's vote for the difficult songs

Yeh Rik....what a crock of shit!!!! "Waiting on a friend" with Dave mathews in St. Louis!!!! LOL....
July 26th, 2005 02:03 PM
Quarter Tone I would much rather submit a list of things I DON'T want to hear:

Angie
LARS
YGMR
YCAGWYW
Miss You
July 26th, 2005 02:08 PM
jb Get rid of keith's lame set altogether..a major buzz kill that has ruined many concerts. he is not equipped to play 2 songs by himslef anymore. In fact, he hardly plays at all...
July 26th, 2005 02:11 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
Yeh Rik....what a crock of shit!!!! "Waiting on a friend" with Dave mathews in St. Louis!!!! LOL....

Lol, yeah, that was pretty much useless that voting back then . An hour before the show people checked the top 3 and Under My Thumb had been n0 1 for a few days. 2 hours later during the show, Mick acted like 'Oh, I'm sooo curious... Hey, it's Paint It Black!!'

I'm guessing this is just as useless, they only play what they want themselves. Besides, I'm not even sure if I want to hear certain gems (Let It Loose, 100 Years Ago etc) getting raped on stage these days...
July 26th, 2005 02:15 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Besides, I'm not even sure if I want to hear certain gems (Let It Loose, 100 Years Ago etc) getting raped on stage these days...

As I said in an earlier post, we need songs with 3 chords and no bridge, that would be OK. Although some songs like Respectable are getting raped too.
July 26th, 2005 02:15 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Lol, yeah, that was pretty much useless that voting back then . An hour before the show people checked the top 3 and Under My Thumb had been n0 1 for a few days. 2 hours later during the show, Mick acted like 'Oh, I'm sooo curious... Hey, it's Paint It Black!!'

I'm guessing this is just as useless, they only play what they want themselves. Besides, I'm not even sure if I want to hear certain gems (Let It Loose, 100 Years Ago etc) getting raped on stage these days...

Hello AngieGirl
(Rocks-Off Member).
July 26th, 2005 02:17 PM
Dutch Michael D.
quote:
jb wrote:
Get rid of keith's lame set altogether..a major buzz kill that has ruined many concerts. he is not equipped to play 2 songs by himslef anymore. In fact, he hardly plays at all...

yeah you're right,but i don't care if keith does a couple of songs, keith will sing his songs this tour again. and if he does, he better do the ones that are on my list
July 26th, 2005 02:19 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
Hello AngieGirl
(Rocks-Off Member).

Hi there Josh. What upcoming Stones shows are YOU going to see then??
July 26th, 2005 02:23 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Hi there Josh. What upcoming Stones shows are YOU going to see then??

Miami, Tampa, Charlotte, NY06, and maybe Boston, but looks doubtful..................................................
July 26th, 2005 02:59 PM
kath well, look for them to play "sway", "fancy man blues" and "parachute woman", as those were on MY setlist request.....
July 26th, 2005 03:20 PM
56DeSoto I can't get the thing to submit, either. Anyone have luck?
July 26th, 2005 03:24 PM
Gimme Shelter I got the error at first. You have to type in each song in the space provided and have each song only take one line. Also no abbreviations. In other words, you have to type for example; Juming Jack Flash instead of Jumpin' Jack Flash. Hope this helps. It did for me.
July 26th, 2005 03:32 PM
56DeSoto Woot, that worked. Thanks! I had copied and pasted and I guess it didn't like it.
July 26th, 2005 03:33 PM
Gimme Shelter Same problem that I had.
July 26th, 2005 03:40 PM
ListenToTheLion No satisfaction, brown sugar, iorr, jumpin' jack flash and start me up this tour please
July 26th, 2005 04:10 PM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
No satisfaction, brown sugar, iorr, jumpin' jack flash and start me up this tour please

The worst is IORR..........
July 26th, 2005 04:42 PM
Poplar
quote:
jb wrote:
Charlotte

OMG - you're going to my hometown.

I'll be there (for 24 hours) ... don't know if i should ambush you, or buy you a beer.

July 26th, 2005 04:45 PM
wisertime Cocksucker Blues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)