ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The New Thread Showing Off Your Exquisite Listening Tastes Pt. IX Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
July 7th, 2005 02:46 AM
Child of the Moon Garcia - Jerry Garcia

One of my favorite Dead-related albums. The first side is full of great, early-'70's-style Dead stuff, i.e. Deal, Sugaree, Loser. But I really love the second side. Three tracks of absolute weirdness, then one of Garcia/Hunter's most beautiful songs ever (To Lay Me Down), then a nice little piano interlude in the form of An Odd Little Place, then the last, glorious notes of The Wheel.

As we speak, I'm in the middle of Spidergawd, one of the aforementioned bits of weirdness.

Anyone else dig this album?
July 7th, 2005 04:12 AM
Cant Catch Me "The Best of Ann Peebles -- The Hi Record Years" (Unfortunately I don't think a single-disc "best of" her is enough for me)

Rockpile -- "Seconds of Pleasure," remastered with bonus tracks (Everly Brothers covers, cool!)
July 7th, 2005 08:27 AM
Jair Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams
Stones - Stripped
Various - Bossa n' Stones

July 7th, 2005 09:38 AM
Madafaka DIVIDIDOS - Vivo Aca
DIVIDIDOS - Viveza Criolla
July 7th, 2005 09:29 PM
Soldatti Live At Orpheum, 2002.
July 7th, 2005 09:43 PM
Nasty Habits Jacques Dutronc
July 7th, 2005 09:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The Fabulous Thunderbirds "Hot Number" picked out of the junk bin at the second hand store today. It's OK but nothing to write home about.
July 8th, 2005 06:39 PM
Lil Brian Lucinda Williams 5/27/03 & 11/20,21,22/03.
I'd write more about her but I'm not sure anybody cares.
Quite worth checking out if she's in your area.

7/12 Boston
7/14 NYC
8/4 Philadelphia
8/5 New Brunswick, NJ
8/7 Washington
8/10 Raleigh
8/11 Atlanta...

"A singer's love affair with loss" - Bill Buford (The New Yorker, 2000)
July 8th, 2005 07:28 PM
Soldatti Eric Clapton - Sessions For Mr. J.
July 8th, 2005 09:22 PM
scratched Stones songs during the 'ordeal' of the last couple of days (i.e. rape of my home town):

Worried About You

Gimme Shelter

Let It Loose

Street Fighting Man
[Edited by scratched]
July 10th, 2005 10:38 PM
Madafaka THE WHO - Then and Now!
July 10th, 2005 11:43 PM
Soldatti Some Girls
July 11th, 2005 07:52 AM
mac_daddy gov't mule @ high sierra (where i was last week). gotta love steve kimock (one of my absolute favorites) playing lap steel on the "wild horses" encore...

download link
July 11th, 2005 08:09 AM
Jumacfly Little Barrie
Interpol
Amadou et Mariam
australia 73
JFK stadium 81
July 11th, 2005 10:51 AM
Jair Bebel Gilberto
Marisa Monte
Fernanda Abreu

All great Brazilian singers...
July 11th, 2005 01:04 PM
Navin For the past 7 days.....

DIRTY DIAMONDS (2005)
Alice Cooper

July 11th, 2005 04:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot The Reigning Sound--Time Bomb High School
The Monks--Black Monk Time
Cobra Verde--Copycat Killers
Sons & Daughters--The Repulsion Box
Bassholes--Bassholes
Sleater-Kinney--The Woods
The Supersuckers--La Mano Cornuda

DVD

Drive By Truckers--Dirty South
Dig!
The End Of The Century: The Ramones

Bootlegs

Kinks Fillmore '69
New York Dolls Paris '73
Sleater-Kinney 3/29/98
Neil Young Bottom Line '74
Von Bondies Peel Sessions
July 11th, 2005 04:44 PM
Joey
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
THE WHO - Then and Now!

***** Sniff !!! *******

I smell Ass .....

.............and you's ?!?!?!

Sassy Ass !
July 11th, 2005 05:34 PM
lotsajizz Since Saturday
Joy Division--Closer, the new White Stripes, Who By Numbers, Traffic's Greatest Hits, Beggars Banquet, and (now) SHHHHHH and Stonedhenge by Ten Years After
July 11th, 2005 05:48 PM
72Tele White Stripes-GBMS
Lou Reed-Live Take No Prisoners (i'm actually old enough to have seen this tour at Buffalo State College 4/78)
The Raveonettes-Pretty In Black
Eric Ambel and the Roscoes Gang-Loud and Lonesome
Louise and the Deependers-Live In MY Backyard
July 11th, 2005 07:46 PM
Soldatti The Clash - London Calling
July 11th, 2005 07:55 PM
charlotte Transformer
Berlin
Rock 'n' Roll Animal---Lou

Diamond Dogs-Bowie

Guts-John Cale
July 12th, 2005 01:16 AM
time is on my side
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Garcia - Jerry Garcia

One of my favorite Dead-related albums. The first side is full of great, early-'70's-style Dead stuff, i.e. Deal, Sugaree, Loser. But I really love the second side. Three tracks of absolute weirdness, then one of Garcia/Hunter's most beautiful songs ever (To Lay Me Down), then a nice little piano interlude in the form of An Odd Little Place, then the last, glorious notes of The Wheel.

As we speak, I'm in the middle of Spidergawd, one of the aforementioned bits of weirdness.

Anyone else dig this album?

Yes, I've always been quite fond of that album and consider it Garcia's best album. I've listened to it quite a few times over the years as it was made during the Dead's creative peak. So many wonderful albums were made by them during this period (late 60's through the early to mid 70's). I've also acquired many of the Dick's picks (I have about 25 of them)as well as many, many older cassettes before CD's came into being. Inevitably, it's the songs and performances from this "golden age" by the DEAD that are my personal favorites and are the ones that I listen to over and over again.

[Edited by time is on my side]
July 12th, 2005 01:36 AM
Dan Hanoi Rocks "The Albums 1981-1984" box set

Iron Maiden Rock Am Ring 6/4/05 FUCKING KILLER SHOW, lots of rarely played songs, amazing "Remember Tomorrow"
Anthrax L'mour in Brooklyn 12/16/89
Audioslave Philadelphia 4/29/05
Ted Nugent Philadelphia 3/1/05
Neil Young & Crazy Horse Burgettstown,PA 9/3/96 + San Franscisco,CA 5/8/97
Neil Young/Booker T & The MGs Torhout, Belgium 7/3/93

July 12th, 2005 05:31 PM
GimmeExile Lucinda Williams - 6/22/05 (an epic 3-hour show at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland, Oregon).

Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan
Black Crowes - Hampton Beach, NH 5/13/05

[Edited by GimmeExile]
July 12th, 2005 07:24 PM
Soldatti BB King & Eric Clapton - Riding With The King
Fucking great album.
July 13th, 2005 04:33 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
72Tele wrote:
Lou Reed-Live Take No Prisoners (i'm actually old enough to have seen this tour at Buffalo State College 4/78)

I wouldn't have missed that one (had I been old enough), just for the kick of seeing him breaking into his assholish persona. Did he rant when you attended?
July 13th, 2005 10:17 PM
Dan Rammstein London 2005 DVD too bad this didnt tour the US - looks like its possibly the best thing on the road today, what a killer show!

Iron Maiden Camden,NJ 2003 pro shot
Black Sabbath Castle Donington,UK 2005
^^^^ nothing "new" (ie not played since the reunion tour) other than a verse of "Sleeping Village" before "Children Of The Grave." Even other band members are openly complaining about lack of setlist changes

Rolling Stones Skydome 2002 nicely shot but they should just play 90 mins rather than have Bernard sing co-lead on all the songs toward the end.

July 13th, 2005 10:33 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Dan wrote:
Rammstein London 2005 DVD too bad this didnt tour the US - looks like its possibly the best thing on the road today, what a killer show!

Iron Maiden Camden,NJ 2003 pro shot
Black Sabbath Castle Donington,UK 2005
^^^^ nothing "new" (ie not played since the reunion tour) other than a verse of "Sleeping Village" before "Children Of The Grave." Even other band members are openly complaining about lack of setlist changes

Rolling Stones Skydome 2002 nicely shot but they should just play 90 mins rather than have Bernard sing co-lead on all the songs toward the end.

Is this the DVD where Little Red Rooster is edited? Would love to get a copy with the complete song.

Right now i'm listening to:

Gorgeous Girls Redux
July 13th, 2005 11:53 PM
Soldatti Dylan's Unplugged.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)