ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The New Thread Showing Off Your Exquisite Listening Tastes Pt. IX Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
June 22nd, 2005 05:04 AM
beer Built To Spill

Crimpshrine

Steel Pole Bath Tub

Bob Dylan

White Stripes - After much listens, i believe GBMS is certainly better than Elephant.

June 22nd, 2005 05:41 AM
scratched Prince - Sign 'O' The Times
Prince - Emancipation
June 22nd, 2005 06:49 AM
Madafaka RAY CHARLES - Genius Loves Company
June 22nd, 2005 07:17 PM
Soldatti Voodoo Lounge
June 22nd, 2005 08:50 PM
Gazza went on a bit of a spending spree in Glasgow yesterday

Peter Tosh - Bush Doctor (with Mick and Keith)
Leonard Cohen - Various Positions
" " - New Skin for The old Ceremony
" " - Death of A Ladies Man
White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan

Plus a few DVDs

Elvis - '68 Comeback Special Deluxe Edition
The Rutles
Rock n Roll circus
June 22nd, 2005 11:14 PM
Madafaka These discs were compiled by me yesterday.
I play them in my car stereo system (Pioneer color stereo + 2 Pioneer subwoofer 12" + 2 Pioneer speakers 6x9 250w + 2 Clarion tweeters + 2 Clarion crossovers + 1 Boss 1000w 4 channels amplifier + 1 Boss 800w 4 channels amplifier) Yes, people turn his head and look at my car when I'm in the streets. It plays really loud and with high definition!

June 23rd, 2005 01:04 PM
Bloozehound few good finds at the used bins last week:

James Brown ~ Live at the Apollo (remastered)
Junior Brown ~ 12 Shades of Brown
Lonnie Mack ~ Strike Like Lightning
Los Lobos ~ The Ride

anyone got any good tips for some hepcat rockabilly ?

Like some classic forgotten Sun era, ducktailed, swithcblade fighten, greasy gutbucket, backwoods finger poppin' white lightenin endrenched sicness
June 23rd, 2005 09:39 PM
Soldatti Place Pigalle 3
June 26th, 2005 01:17 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
few good finds at the used bins last week:

James Brown ~ Live at the Apollo (remastered)
Junior Brown ~ 12 Shades of Brown
Lonnie Mack ~ Strike Like Lightning
Los Lobos ~ The Ride

anyone got any good tips for some hepcat rockabilly ?

Like some classic forgotten Sun era, ducktailed, swithcblade fighten, greasy gutbucket, backwoods finger poppin' white lightenin endrenched sicness

Sonny Burgess - We Wanna Boogie
Warren Smith - whatever the hell the one is on AVI
Johnny Burnette and the Rock and Roll Trio
Dale Hawkins - Suzie Q - the Best of Dale Hawkins
Hasil Adkins - Out to Hunch !!!

This last one is the one you really need, bh. One man rockabilly band insanity from the early 60s that's so demented it makes Roky Erickson look like Paul Anka.

Currently I am on this huge Charlie Rich kick. His double CD - Feel Like Goin' Home, will not leave my CD player. The white Ray Charles and that ain't no lie.

June 26th, 2005 03:09 PM
Madafaka EUROPE - Best of
WHITESNAKE - Best of
June 26th, 2005 03:29 PM
scratched Funkadelic - One Nation Under A Groove
June 26th, 2005 09:51 PM
Soldatti Led Zeppelin I & 2
June 28th, 2005 12:16 AM
Madafaka FOO FIGHTERS - In Your Honor
June 28th, 2005 03:27 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Sonny Burgess - We Wanna Boogie
Warren Smith - whatever the hell the one is on AVI
Johnny Burnette and the Rock and Roll Trio
Dale Hawkins - Suzie Q - the Best of Dale Hawkins
Hasil Adkins - Out to Hunch !!!

This last one is the one you really need, bh. One man rockabilly band insanity from the early 60s that's so demented it makes Roky Erickson look like Paul Anka.

Currently I am on this huge Charlie Rich kick. His double CD - Feel Like Goin' Home, will not leave my CD player. The white Ray Charles and that ain't no lie.

hey nastingo, been looking into adkins sicen he died a while back, mainly just reading up on him, heard OF him, but never actually heard him before, but it sounds like I need to scope'm out, I'll try to zero in on this "Out to Hunch" album, didn't he kinda inspire the Cramps ?

dude, the silver fox is the shit! "the white ray charles" I'm down with that, Rich knew how to do it right, love all the early stuff "lonely weekends", "rebound" "mohair sam" ect.. and all the later day schmoozy country shit like "beautiful girl" and my fav "rolling with the flow" ~ roll ~ on

Nellie, missed shooters set sun, was under the impression he was opening for the main act, but apparantly he opened for the opening act lol, by the time we got there he and his band had just finished and were hangin out at one of the bars, and being the diplomatic dude that I am, walked by, shook hands and mentioned something about "your album sounds great" LOL.....man he's a teeny, tiny little fella

currently in the cd changer:

Doug Sahm ~ Groovers Paradise
Link Wray ~ Best of
Sonny Burgess ~ We Wanna Boogie

June 28th, 2005 07:40 AM
Nasty Habits See, now I knew you HAD to have Sonny Burgess, but he tops my list anyway, because he is the greatest of the "obscure" Sun artists - I just LOVE the way he uses that single trumpet w/the standard rockabilly line-up to unslick his sound even further. Also some of the best raw rhythm guitar until Keith. Link is of course the greatest guitarist of all time.

Hasil did indeed inspire the Cramps - they covered his "She Said" on the B-side to Goo Goo Muck and on Bad Music for Bad People - in order to try to get something of the West Virginia hillbilly in his vocal, Lux sang the song with a paper cup in his mouth so he could be properly inarticulate. He STILL isn't inarticulate enough.

OUT TO HUNCH is his 50s and early 60s recordings and while they're essential the sound quality can get pretty rough, since he was mainly recording them in his house. But they are so worth the effort. The best of the "modern" Hasil recordings is The Wild Man, recently expanded on CD by Norton. It's much less gunk-covered sonically than any of his early recordings and much more focused than most of his 90s recks. And it covers the whole scope of his repetoire, from Jimmy Rodgers to the Carter Family to Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs plus loads of loony originals. Not as brilliantly primal as Out to Hunch but one of the other two or three I actually bother to own.

That some assjack high on crystal meth should run the great man down on his own property whilst driving a four wheeler when the Haze was only feeding his dogs, thus ending the life of this one-of-a-kind on such a tragically appropriate random note of modern southern gothic idiocy is some kind of cosmic intervention its probably best not to contemplate too much in a public forum. We'll have to do it over liquor sometime.

I can't believe that I didn't tell you to track down a copy of SIN ALLEY VOL. 1 on CD - compiled by the same guy who redefined "garage" back in the 80s, the SIN ALLEY series is the most crazy, wild, stoopid rockabilly material available anywhere that's actually worth hearing - great songs about frogs, booze, aliens, sex, and womanstink. Yougottahearitdude.

Yesterday I was thriftin' and run into a copy of Charlie Rich's rare ass RCA Groove album AND his first SMASH album, the one with Mohair Sam and the epic Moonshine Minnie, both mint 'n' mono! I still lives on the side of the angels!

Currently: DESMOND DEKKER - reggae week on the couch, me breddas!

June 28th, 2005 10:18 AM
GimmeExile Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels on a Gravel Road

...twice last weekend driving to the beach.

June 28th, 2005 10:28 AM
scratched Prince - Chaos and Disorder

A contract filler in 1996 and rumour has it that he knocked this out over a long weekend. Due to this time constraint, Prince fell back on what he does best - playing guitar. In fact, it is probably Prince's most guitar heavy album. Not his best album songwise but still better than most of the stuff that was around at the time. Some of the tracks sound like a sort of 'Jimi and The Family Hendrix'.
June 28th, 2005 09:57 PM
Soldatti Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same
June 28th, 2005 11:59 PM
Madafaka MEGADETH - Rude Awakening

June 29th, 2005 02:49 AM
Child of the Moon Dark Star - Grateful Dead @ the Fillmore West, 8/22/68
June 29th, 2005 05:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels on a Gravel Road

...twice last weekend driving to the beach.

Lucinda's current live show contains FIVE brand new songs (apparently shes written 23 for her partly recorded next studio album)

The show from Stern Grove Festival in San Francisco a couple of weeks back is now on dimeadozen. New songs sound pretty good!
June 29th, 2005 08:25 AM
Nellcote OUT ON BAIL-Again!
Lynyrd Skynyrd-Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd

Next time Blooze.......
July 3rd, 2005 12:13 AM
Madafaka PINK FLOYD - Live @ Live 8
July 4th, 2005 09:25 AM
Jair Bossa n' Stones - various
Oasis, the new one
Stripped - Stones

July 4th, 2005 07:25 PM
Soldatti Pearl Jam - Ten
Stones - More Collectibles
July 5th, 2005 09:14 AM
lotsajizz Oasis, the newest and 'Known To Millions' (live)
The Who, Tweeter Center shows 7/02 and 9/02
July 5th, 2005 09:25 AM
Nellcote Offspring-Greatest Hits
July 5th, 2005 08:04 PM
Soldatti The Who - Then and Now.
July 6th, 2005 04:14 PM
Madafaka LED ZEPPELIN - Remasters

July 6th, 2005 07:36 PM
Soldatti Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)