ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 3rd rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The New Thread Showing Off Your Exquisite Listening Tastes Pt. IX Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
June 9th, 2005 01:00 AM
Madafaka PEARL JAM - Ten

June 9th, 2005 07:39 AM
Zack Just picked up the new Van Morrison. I recommend it.
Also Kings of Leon is the most appealing new music I've heard in a long time. Probably because it doesn't sound new. The Oasis is better than the last one by a long shot, but there's still no magic like on the first two and the B-sides comp.
June 9th, 2005 10:00 AM
mac_daddy the dallas 72 rehearsals - thanks again, pauli!
June 9th, 2005 10:32 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Great album out at the moment by the Tears.
They are the two guys from suede. Bernard Butler and Brett Anderson.
Good sound
June 9th, 2005 11:39 AM
Phog The new White Stripes disc and lots of Warren Zevon boots.
June 9th, 2005 02:44 PM
Monkey Woman Led Zeppelin on the radio, prelude to a special Robert Plant concert at the France Inter (national radio) Studio 104 in Paris.

Between songs, the speaker is saying that LZ was the first "world music" group. WTF? If I had to pin this title on any group on earth, it would be on the Rolling Stones! Think about Brian's contribution with sitar, marimba, koto, and other exotic instruments in the '60s! Think about Paint It Black, or the samba rythm on Sympathy... Those must have influenced LZ among other groups, surely!

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
June 9th, 2005 04:37 PM
duck The Band-The Last Waltz and Izzy Stradlin-River
June 9th, 2005 05:04 PM
Bloozehound this is what's been in my cd changer the past week...been listenin to a lil Izzy myself...

Izzy Stradlin ~ 117
Sleepy La Beef ~ Flying Saucer Rock n roll
Lucinda Williams ~ Live @ the Fillmore
ZZ Top ~ Mescalero & Antenna
Waylon Jennings ~ Music Man/Black on Black
Los Lobos ~ The Ride
Dwight Yoakam ~ Population Me
June 9th, 2005 05:17 PM
lotsajizz I saw Kings Of Leon a couple of Saturdays ago...they were a snooze fest. To put it mildly, I fail to see to see the appeal....
and they play like shit

'Out Of Our Heads' three times in a row today
June 9th, 2005 05:29 PM
Monkey Woman Robert Plant's new album, "Mighty Rearranger" is good. But is it me, or does the title Shine It All Around sound a lot like Goddess In The Doorway (the song)? The melody in the verse, the mood/groove, the Indian flavoured instrumentation are very similar to Mick's song, in my ear at least.
June 9th, 2005 06:24 PM
Vinyl kills Stones "They're really rocking in Boston"
Sabbath "Heaven and Hell"
Celtic Frost "To mega therion"
Aerosmith boots from '78
June 9th, 2005 10:15 PM
Soldatti Brian Wilson - Smile
June 9th, 2005 10:47 PM
Dan right now

HANOI ROCKS KORSO FINLAND 2004 DVD for like the 10th time. Excellent wide screen pro shot. Might actually end up getting evicted over this, every time Tragedy or Lightning Bar Blues comes on, I have to double the volume!

CHEAP TRICK HOUSTON 77/78
IGGY POP LORELEI 96
JESUS JONES COLOGNE 1990
^^^^^ I LOVE this band! I hated that Right Here Right Now song when it first came out but they suffer from that unusual curse where the one hit song sounds nothing like the other stuff.

June 11th, 2005 02:48 PM
Madafaka FRANK SINATRA - Live @ Buenos Aires
June 11th, 2005 03:15 PM
Martini Hank Mobley's "Roll Call." Art Blakey is a motherf**ker on this album.

June 11th, 2005 03:50 PM
CraigP I just received 6 cd's I ordered online: (In order from most favorite to least)

-Ronnie Wood (I've got my own album to do)
-The London Suede (S/T)
-Spizz (Where's Captain Kirk?)
-Subhumans (Worlds Apart)
-Subhumans (29:29 Split Vision)
-The Stone Roses (S/T)
June 12th, 2005 10:17 PM
Soldatti Oasis, Coldplay and White Stripes new albums.
June 12th, 2005 10:28 PM
M.O.W.A.T. The Stones - The Lost Millard Masters
June 13th, 2005 09:51 AM
Madafaka DVDS:
RS - St. Louis 12/12/97
RS - Palais Royale 2002
June 13th, 2005 10:32 AM
Jair Oasis new album
June 14th, 2005 09:21 AM
Madafaka RS - 2005 Press Conference
RS - 2002 Palais Royale
June 14th, 2005 09:23 AM
Nellcote Rory Gallagher-Irish Tour '74
June 14th, 2005 09:52 AM
Monkeytonk-man Im listening to the new Motely Crue compilation 'Red, White & Crue' which incidentally has a cover of 'Street Fighting Man'on it - getting ready to go and rock out at the brirmingham NEC on Friday

Got a feeling it is going to be an amazing show, dumb as fuck, but huge entertainment. exploding drum kits, ricking midgets and strippers - what a blast, think it would give the next stones show a run for it's money.

Anyone else going? what about Styx in Brimingham on Thursday?
June 14th, 2005 07:19 PM
Soldatti Bob Marley - Legend
June 14th, 2005 07:22 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Stones - Ride Like The Wind '81
June 15th, 2005 02:56 AM
beer

--

-
June 15th, 2005 09:12 AM
Nasty Habits Get Behind Me Satan
New Steve Malkmus record
The Band - Stage Fright

Does anybody have a copy of the DCC Gold CD of the Band's Staqefright that uses the alternate mixes?

mac? gazza? Anyone?

June 15th, 2005 02:38 PM
Child of the Moon John Barleycorn Must Die - Traffic
June 15th, 2005 09:44 PM
Soldatti Singles Collection, the London Years CD 1.
June 16th, 2005 01:08 AM
Child of the Moon Been doing a bit of Zep the last few days, aside from new Traffic album I pruchased. Today on the agenda were both Physical Graffitti and Coda (the version from the boxed set that includes, among others, White Summer and Hey Hey What Can I Do).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)