ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July 2006
© Paul Bergen for Mojo Concerts with thanks to Angiergirl!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Your Most Memorable Concert Experience.... Return to archive
30th July 2006 11:33 PM
RollingstonesUSA Charlottesville 2005

It was my bday and on top of that me and my g/f had a quick one in a poterpotty on the field! I sat next to the b-stage....highlight of the concert, MIDNIGHT RAMBLER!
31st July 2006 12:01 AM
Taptrick Several:

Elvis Presley: Around 1970-71. I had third row at The Kiel, St. Louis, I was 5 or 6. And yes I do remember it.

Ozzy Osbourne: First concert on my own with no parents. This was the tour with the whole bat-bite controversey.

Rolling Stones: 1981, St. Louis, 19th row. Went with my dad.

Richie Havens / John Sebastian / Country Joe McDonald: Around 1983-85. St. Louis at the ever-so-missed Westport Theater. Every seat in the house was good here. Theater in the round with a slow revolving stage. Richie's right hand speed is just incredible sometimes.

Taj Mahal: 2001 - 2003. Both at Humphrey's in SAn Diego and at The Belly Up. Humphrey's is an awesome place for a concert. Right on the marina. Pull your boat up close enough and you can listen. Taj is so comfortable on stage and I love his voice. He has a wide range and go from gravel to honey in a second. Cooooriiiinaaaaaa !

Dead Man's Party: They are just an Oingo Boingo tribute band but these guys are some awesome musicians. Good dancing fun: http://www.deadmansparty.com/about_dead_mans_party.htm

Michael Martin Murphey: What can I say. He's a great performer.

[Edited by Taptrick]
31st July 2006 01:40 AM
JuanTCB >Elvis Presley: Around 1970-71. I had third row at The Kiel, >St. Louis, I was 5 or 6. And yes I do remember it.

More details, please!
[Edited by JuanTCB]
31st July 2006 08:24 AM
GotToRollMe Not counting club gigs, just concerts, it's still impossible to pick just one. These are the concerts that have really, really stuck in my mind:

Queen - Beacon Theatre 2/8/76 (Night At The Opera Tour)
Patti Smith - Schaefer Music Festival, Central Park 7/9/76
Bruce Springsteen - Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ 9/19/78
Prince - Nassau Coliseum 3/23/85 (Purple Rain Tour)
Iggy Pop - Academy Theatre 11/9/90 (Brick By Brick Tour)
The Rolling Stones - Madison Square Garden 1/14/98
The Rolling Stones - Madison Square Garden 1/18/06

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)