ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July 2006
© Paul Bergen for Mojo Concerts with thanks to Angiergirl!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gorda Visits Bill Wyman's Sticky Finger's Restaurant Return to archive
30th July 2006 05:25 PM
gorda EXCERPT FROM GORDA'S SUPER-EXCITING, ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS LONDON ADVENTURES!

Okay, I will tell y’all the truth . . . I got kicked out of Bill Wyman’s Sticky Finger’s restaurant! Yup! It is the absolute truth!

The last time, I was in London, I did not know about the restaurant. When I found out about it later, I was so disappointed! I could have easily gone!

Anyways, 3 years later, I was back in London! And, this time, Bill Wyman’s Sticky Finger’s restaurant was on my itinery. I had started planning my trip, even before I had left my house. From my home computer, I had done a search. So, I already knew what bus to take and everything. Later at the hotel, I asked the consierge for the right bus stop.

So, early one morning after breakfast, I got on a bus, and went in search of the famous restaurant. Once on the bus, a local woman told me when to get off and pointed me in the direction of the restaurant. I walked right pass it and did not see it! (I guess I was looking at the street signs. I don’t know how that happened.) I turn around and I see the huge Stones’ logo!
There it is! Sticky Fingers!

So, I walk in and . . . the guy at the bar says, “I’m sorry we’re closed. We don’t open until 11:00.”

So, I go, “Hey, well, can I just look around and take some pictures?”

So, he rolls his eyes with this bored look and goes, “Sure, go ahead.”

So, then, there I am looking at all the memorabilia, and I get to the guitars, and I ask this other guy to take my picture. He does. Then, I take some other pictures on my own.

Then, I ask the guy if he could do me another favor and take my picture in front of the Rolling Stones logo. So, he sighs, in a really bored and annoyed manner, and reluctantly agrees to take my picture. We go outside, he takes my picture. Then, he hands me back my camera and says, “Please don’t ask me for any more favors, I have work to do.”

So, we go back inside. And, I sit down at the bar, and ask the other guy to take my picture in front of Bill’s gold records. He does. He also lets me buy a t-shirt and drink a Coke even though, they are not open yet. So, there I am enjoying my Coke with ice. (Although, geez, Bill? You don’t have A.C.?) Anyways, the cook, this black guy comes out and introduces himself and shakes my hand. And, then, he goes back to the kitchen.

And, then, there I am just sitting there. Relaxing. Waiting for them to open up. I’m really not hungry. I just had breakfast! But, I do want to taste the food. Maybe, I could get it to go?

So, I’m sitting there absorbed in my thoughts. When, the other guy, the one that took my picture by the guitars and the Stones’ logo says in a very snotty tone, “I’m sorry, but you cannot be here. We are not open yet. You must leave.”

So, I go, “How about I return in an hour?”

And, he shakes his head, rolls his eyes, and as if talking to a young unruly child, he says, “Yes. Come back when we’re open.”

So, I jump off the stool and walk out.

I was planning to go back and taste the food. But, what was I going to do for an hour? So, I decided to hop on a bus and go back to downtown London.

Tomorrow: Gorda dines at Don Fernando's, a Spanish restaurant situated next to the train station in Richmond. (They made me pay for my meal beforehand, because they thought I would leave without paying! FOR REALS! I'm not lying!)
30th July 2006 05:30 PM
not bound to please
quote:
gorda wrote:
Tomorrow: Gorda dines at Don Fernando's, a Spanish restaurant situated next to the train station in Richmond. (They made me pay for my meal beforehand, because they thought I would leave without paying! FOR REALS! I'm not lying!)

I wonder why!
30th July 2006 05:39 PM
glencar Wow, I don't think the guy was at fault, Gorda. Have you ever heard the term "ugly Mexican-American"? Please exhibit better manners next time.
30th July 2006 08:28 PM
Sticky_Keith Gorda, Only you could get kicked out.
30th July 2006 08:36 PM
mojoman is there alot of chicken on the menu?
30th July 2006 09:20 PM
Madafaka Post pix!
30th July 2006 09:24 PM
ComeAsYouAre LOL! Great story!
30th July 2006 10:12 PM
texile you're always entertaining gorda -
ESPECIALLY your misadventures...
see if you can weasly your way into the jagger mansion in richmond.
i would be dissapointed if you didn't try.
31st July 2006 12:17 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Pictures Gorda, pictures please every picture tells a story honey
31st July 2006 05:23 AM
ListenToTheLion NEXT TIME:

Gorda tries to enter Mick Jagger's bedroom.

To be continued....
31st July 2006 08:48 AM
UGot2Rollme my God, you annoyed me just reading your story. They should have kicked you out after you asked for the first picture!

thanks for the laughs, though..
31st July 2006 09:04 AM
F505 If I read this story closely you have not been kicked out but just walked away! But I am with you! You shouldn't stay in that hamburger place one more minute than necessary.
31st July 2006 09:27 AM
Maxlugar [quote]gorda wrote:
Anyways, the cook, this black guy comes out and introduces himself and shakes my hand. And, then, he goes back to the kitchen.

Ollie Brown?
31st July 2006 09:46 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]gorda wrote:
Anyways, the cook, this black guy comes out and introduces himself and shakes my hand. And, then, he goes back to the kitchen.

Ollie Brown?

LOL..excellent..or may be Darryl the living hamburger!
31st July 2006 10:08 AM
F505
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

LOL..excellent..or may be Darryl the living hamburger!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)