ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July 2006
© Paul Bergen for Mojo Concerts with thanks to Angiergirl!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABBA appreciation thread Return to archive
30th July 2006 12:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I must be drunk...yes.....maybe this thread belongs on the Eternal Drinking Thread. Or the Eternal "what are you listening to" thread. But I'm one of the few people I ever met that has stuck up for ABBA's songs...and that was very early on....when Cool was Cool. And I suffered for it too....with all the ribbing....but thirty or forty years later (I lose track of time) I'm still of the same opinion. I mean the Stones were an easy pick early on in one sense...they were the Greatest and that was it. That was the easy part really.
30th July 2006 01:15 PM
Lazy Bones although past, everything has it's time.

I'm man enough to admit I have "ABBA Gold".
30th July 2006 02:18 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
although past, everything has it's time.

I'm man enough to admit I have "ABBA Gold".

DITTO
30th July 2006 02:35 PM
pdog These guys like ABBA...
30th July 2006 03:03 PM
Jair I never had an ABBA record as well I never had a, let me think...a Deep Purple record!

What I heard from ABBA on the radio back in seventies never paid my attention - not in a positive way, at least. Too fussy, IMO. Nothing to to with me.

Obviously I don't care if people say is gay music, to gays, for gays, from gays, or whatever what they say.

Who cares?

I like the old Pet Shop Boys records (Behaviour is gourgeus, for example) and pple say the same about them...

The important is if YOU like or not. The rest is only the wind

30th July 2006 03:23 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
pdog wrote:
These guys like ABBA...

I've seen Stones fans worse than those...two.
30th July 2006 03:46 PM
Jair
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I've seen Stones fans worse than those...two.

You said "WORSE"?????
30th July 2006 05:21 PM
qwer The best Abba-Songs are:

Dancing Queen &
SOS
30th July 2006 07:49 PM
Jair
quote:
Jair wrote:

You said "WORSE"?????

Can't believe you said "worse" Lz...
30th July 2006 07:54 PM
UGot2Rollme VH1 played ABBA live from Wembley this afternoon. I must admit I was impressed with the sound (and I'm not even gay),

DANCING QUEEN~~~~~~~~~

is my favorite....

really, I'm not gay.
30th July 2006 07:59 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Jair wrote:
Can't believe you said "worse" Lz...

Jair, i've seen some pretty messed up folks. haven't we all?! even more difficult to judge if self-induced 'medicines' helped contribute.

i'll rephrase..."of equal mental capacity".

i'd hate to know i contributed to someone's poor sleeping habits.

30th July 2006 08:28 PM
Jair
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Jair, i've seen some pretty messed up folks. haven't we all?! even more difficult to judge if self-induced 'medicines' helped contribute.

i'll rephrase..."of equal mental capacity".

i'd hate to know i contributed to someone's poor sleeping habits.

Ohh, well, I was just kiding, thought that you knew about that
31st July 2006 05:25 AM
ListenToTheLion ADDA?
31st July 2006 08:05 AM
corgi37 Abba were huge here. In fact, we were the 1st country to make them #1! They were too teeny bopper for me. Nowadays, and i just DO NOT get this, they are a gay fave.

Notwithstanding though, they have written some time less pop. Some very, very well crafted songs. And the production is 1st class! So much so, Led Zeppelin recorded the woeful "In through the out door" in the same studios.

Listening closely, songs like Waterloo and SOS and Mama Mia are really quite brilliant. Lately, i just downloaded the chords to SOS. It was a crazy idea. It's played alot on the oldies station i listen to, and i began to really hear it. Anyway, i love playing guitar to that track. Maxed out distorted guitar, mind you. Its almost as much fun as playing Kylie's "Cant get you out of my head" as a slow blues.

I feel people cannot deny their craftmanship, even if the music is not to your taste.

Put it this way, i'd listen to ABBA anytime before those Beatles.

P.S. "Cant get you out of my head" as a slow blues is bloody great!
31st July 2006 10:51 AM
jb Terrible diosappointent..worse than B2B!!!!(only 522k copies sold in US and only 2.4 million worldwide!!! - a true bomb both artistically and commercially).
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)